With Noona

Frozen Daffodil
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“What do I lack ge? Am I not good enough for her?” Yixing asked, drawing circles around the edge of his glass with the tip of his finger. His eyelids were half closed, but he was trying hard to keep them open.

“What nonsense is that Yixing? How many times do I have to tell you? You’re the type of guy that girls dream of having!” Yuzeng said with a sigh for the nth time that evening. After having lunch, Yixing said he didn’t want to go home, and that’s how the two brothers ended up at a high end bar in Seoul.

Yixing grabbed the bottle and poured into his glass once again. And as he took it to his lips, Yuzeng grabbed it back. “Enough. You’ve already had too much.” He said. Yixing didn’t dare take it back, instead he leaned forward, placing his head on the bar counter. “Junmyeon, he knew all along, he knew I liked Eunsoo so much, yet he did this...” He mumbled. Yuzeng patted him lightly on the shoulder. “Must I talk with him about this?” He asked. Yixing shook his head slowly. “I don’t hate him ge, I understand him. And I know he didn’t mean to hurt me.” He muttered. “It’s just... I can’t face those two right now.”

“What rubbish, they’re the ones who mustn’t be able to face you.” Yuzeng muttered to himself. His drunken brother didn’t hear his words. “At least they should have told me.” Yixing mumbled. He had been mumbling the same set of words for hours now.

Yuzeng finally stood up from his stool. “Let’s go home. This is enough now.” He said. “I can’t. I can’t face him yet gege.” Yixing turned his head away from his brother. Yuzeng came to him and straightened him by the shoulders. “Stay at my place tonight. And you can go home tomorrow. Come on.” He made Yixing stand up, and took him out of the bar, holding him all the way to stop from swaying side to side.

 

“Oh, Taehee,” Yuzeng answered his phone, which started ringing after he fastened the seat belt of Yixing and got into the driver’s seat himself. “Yeah I’m taking him home now. He’s drunk. And he refuses to go to his apartment.” He replied while starting the car. “They’re still kids Taehee, this small matter is a huge problem to them. They still know nothing about life, and the girl they like is everything to them. They’re still so naive.” He said. “Yeah...I’m just worried about him. But he’ll be fine in no time....... Ok I’ll see you tomorrow then. Good night.” He ended the call and drove off.

 

Once he arrived at his house, he got off the car and went to open the door of the passenger seat. Two of the servants came quickly to help him to get Yixing out, who was sound asleep.

“It’s fine, I’ll take him in.” Yuzeng said, holding up a hand to stop the two men. They bowed and let him take his brother in to the house by himself. Yixing was mumbling all the way while he was taken to a room upstairs. Yuzeng laid him on the bed and started taking off his shoes.

“Why couldn’t she love me instead?” He muttered, but Yuzeng could clearly hear it. He looked up at Yixing’s face and saw tears coming out from his closed eyes. “It hurts so much.” He mumbled, turning to his side and curling on the bed. Yuzeng silently took a blanket and covered him with it. “Sleep well, everything will be fine.” He said, Yixing’s head lightly, before switching off the lights and walking out of the room, closing the doo behind him.

 

* * * * * * * *

 

Yixing walked downstairs as soon as he woke up next day, to find his brother sitting in the dining room, waiting for him with the breakfast.

“Morning.” He gave Yixing his charming smile, and gestured him to sit at the table. “Let’s have breakfast. You didn’t even have dinner last night. He said. But Yixing shook his head in hesitation. “I’m not hungry ge.” He said. Just a maid entered the room. “Miss Taehee is here.” She said. She was closely followed by Yuzeng’s beautiful fiancée, who entered the room with a bright smile which adorned her beauty.

“Good morning!” She greeted the two Chinese men, and came to Yixing. “What do we have here! Looks like I found the company I’ve been looking for!” She said, putting an arm around the younger. “Yixing, I want to go out today and your gege is too busy to take me. So can you come with me?” She asked in a pleading manner. Yixing wanted to refuse, but he couldn’t say no and hurt her.

“Alright noona, I’ll get changed and come.” He said with a small smile and went back upstairs.

“What are you going to do?” Yuzeng asked, pouring Taehee a cup of tea. Taehee gave him a smile, and took a seat to have the tea. “Just wait and see. I’ll heal his wounds by this evening. There’s something I wanted to do for some time, so I’m going to catch two birds with one stone.” She winked at him, making him smile.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter