Dream Turned To A Nightmare

Frozen Daffodil
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Wouldn’t it be easier to get rid of him completely sir?”

Jaeuk, Yuzeng’s secretary asked him, as the two of them were alone in Yuzeng’s office. Yuzeng, still staring out of the window at the other sky scrapers of Seoul with his usual calm and collected expression, replied after a while.

“Killing is not my style, Jaeuk.”

Then he turned to face his secretary, who was listening curiously.

“Why haven’t you ever asked me why I do things like this?” Yuzeng questioned him this time. The secretary slightly shrugged. “My job is only to do what you ask me to do sir. I don’t have a right to question my boss.”

Yuzeng let out a smirk. “That’s what I like about you.”

And he started pacing the room slowly, his hands stuffed inside his pockets.

“ZK Pharma cannot have two owners.” He started. “For once, I thought Kim Jaewook, Junmyeon’s dad, will give up on the business once his wife died. The day that accident happened, that’s when I got my hopes up and waited for his position to be mine. Kim Jaewook, that man is indeed a strong person. And then came my next thought. ZK Pharma can’t have two heirs.” He paused and looked at his secretary. The man was listening calmly, without a single expression on his face. Yuzeng continued.

“It must only be Yixing and me. We are the ones who should have the majority of shares of the company and we are the ones who must be the head of this. I cannot let the Kims have that power.”

He calmly sat on his chair, and crossed his legs leisurely. “Junmyeon was such a soft hearted child since he was small, and I knew once he grew up, it will be his weakness which I can take advantage of. So it was I, who convinced him that his dad has changed after he remarried. And that he won’t be loved and cared as before. He believes me whole heartedly, and also he was young and naive, so it’s always been easy to make him think and work the way I want. Like that, I made him get in bad terms with his dad and leave the house. Since then, he hadn’t been interested in the business at all. Thing went smoothly, until...”

“Until that girl appeared?” Jaeuk asked. “I heard that she’s trying to get the family back together.” He said.

Yuzeng nodded. “Exactly. She’s the biggest hindrance I have. And also, she’s become Junmyeon’s biggest weakness. So what I’m doing right now is, giving them enough tie to get close to each other to the extent that they cannot live without each other, and then tearing them apart.”

“So...doesn’t this have anything to do with Young Master Yixing?” Jaeuk asked.

His boss shook his head with a smirk. “Yixing is as naive as Junmyeon. Just fell for that random girl. And that has nothing to do with this matter. It’s just an excuse I made up so things look natural to that girl. And what I’m expecting now is, to see Junmyeon experience a huge mental downfall. When the girl that he’s in love with madly, leaves him all of a sudden, he definitely will be devastated. I know that kid. He’ll be ruined, and will never return to being a strong heir to ZK Pharma. And that, will give me and Yixing, everything we want.”

The secretary asked what suddenly came up to his mind. “What if master Yixing find out about this sir?”

Yuzeng looked up at him. “We can’t let him know. That kid too, think the world about his friends. He doesn’t understand that this world is all about money. He won’t ever accept it, so we cannot let him know. Remember that clearly. Yixing must know nothing about this.

“Alright sir.” The secretary bowed.

“Let’s see.” Yuzeng said, the usual devious smirk curving one side of his thin lips. “Let’s see how Ki Jaewook’s son lose his mind.”

 

* * * * * * * *

 

Junmyeon sighed, and placed the chopsticks beside the empty plate in front of him on the table. He felt a presence behind him so he turned his head and looked up to meet her giggling face.

“What’s so funny? I’m dying here of boredom. And is it funny to you?” he asked, glaring at her.

Another giggle escaped Eunsoo’s lips, as she took the empty plate on to the tray in her hand. “It’s your third jjajangmyeon in two hours. You should have been named Jjajangmyeon instead of Junmyeon.”

Junmyeon stared at her laughing, with a pout on his lips which showed his usual stubborn self. “I’m eating not because I’m hungry. It’s because I’m bored.” He pouted again. Eunsoo pinched his cheek. “Yah, it’s not fair okay? You are not allowed to be that adorable!”

“Then come with me already! Let’s go out.” he mumbled.

Eunsoo sighed. “I told you to come after the lunch hour because I can’t leave the restaurant till then! So what am I supposed to do when you came three hours earlier?”

This time, it was Junmyeon who sighed. “I came because I was bored to death at home. Fine then. Finish your work and we’ll go out when you can.” He leaned back on his chair and took out his phone. He started scrolling down on it while the corners of his mouth turned downwards. Eunsoo smiled and pinched his cheek again and walked back to the counter.

 

It was the day after their convocation. All the guys of their gang, except Tao, Kyungsoo, Jongin and Sehun, graduated the day before, as the four younger ones were one year junior to them. The convocation was held grandly the day before, with the participation of all their families. Since all the university affairs were over now, as they have taken the degree now, everyone were taking their next step. Some were searching for jobs that suit their degrees, and the others were joining their family businesses. Yixing had already joined the company about a month ago, and was working as a chief in the laboratory department of the pharmaceutical company. Junmyeon also had accepted his dad’s request to join the company, and his dad arranged him a department head position in the head quarters. It was the day before he was starting work at the head quarters, Junmyeon came to meet Eunsoo.

 

After another hour of dozing off on a table in the restaurant, Eunsoo came to him and said her work shift was over, since her sister Jisoo came to help their dad. Junmyeon jumped to his feet gladly, and dragged her out of the hut.

“Aaaaah! What the,” He grumbled. Just then, a heavy rain started pouring down. “Why now? Out of all the times??? It’s such a twisted day!” he continued grumbling. Eunsoo bit down a smile and went back into the hut, and came back in a moment.

“TaDa!”

She put up an umbrella which she brought out from inside. Junmyeon gave her an amused look. “Are you that desperate to go for a walk with me?” he asked.

Eunsoo nodded. “It’s raining so people are leaving the Han Gang Park now. It’ll be almost deserted. So why don’t we?” she grinned cheekily at him.

With a smirk, Junmyeon took the umbrella from her hand. “Let’s go.” He held it up and stepped out with her, holding her closer to him by putting his other arm around her shoulder.

 

Just like Eunsoo said, the Han Gang Park was getting empty because of the rain. Despite the down pour, they walked along the river bank, chattering about their future plans and other random stuff.

 

After walking for a considerable amount of time, Eunsoo came to a stop. Junmyeon also stopped, and dropped his hand from her shoulder. “What is it Eunsoo?”

Smiling to herself, Eunsoo put her hand into her skirt pocket and took out a small box. “Because you’re starting work tomorrow,” She grinned. “Here’s my little gift, wishing you best of luck.” She placed the box on Junmyeon’s already outstretched palm. “I’m sorry, it’s not that valuable Junmyeon. I’ll buy something better once I also start working.”

Junmyeon stared at her. “Don’t you ruin my mood by discussing its price when I’m completely moved by this.” He said in one go without breathing. “Here, hold this.” He handed over the umbrella to her, and opened the box. There was a pair of cufflinks, silver they appeared to be. He stared back at her. “You didn’t have to, Eunsoo. I mean, I never expect these kind of things from you. All I need is to have you always beside me. Nothing else.” He said with a warm smile. Eunsoo opened to answer him, but suddenly stopped because she noticed something odd.

It was someone standing half hidden beside an ice cream stall nearby, a few meters away from Junmyeon. He was a man clad in a black suit and black sun glasses. Junmyeon didn’t see him because he was standing turning his back towards that man. But Eunsoo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter