Sweet Monster

Frozen Daffodil
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Everyone! This is the lodge that we’ll be spending the night!” Onew said as their team entered the big hotel-like lodge. Other teams were already there, and many of them were going to their rooms and some were heading to the dinning hall.

“We’ll get into our rooms and unpack our things, but before that we have a treat.” Luhan said with a smile. “A treat?” Minho asked.

“Yeah, let’s go to the dinning hall, there’s ice cream waiting for us.” Onew said, starting to walk through the lobby. “Let’s cool down ourselves first.”

“Thanks to the rich parents who sponsor this trip, we’re having a good time even in a jungle.” Jonghyun said with a smirk. Agreeing with him, the whole team followed the two leaders to the dinning hall.

 

“Oppa, are you sure that Sohyun’s going to be alright?” Eunsoo asked from Minseok, while choosing herself a vanilla coned ice cream. Minseok smiled at the worried looking girl. “She’ll be fine. Chanyeol is with her. So he will bring her back safely.” He answered. Eunsoo sighed. “That is what I’m worried about the most. Chanyeol.” She muttered.

A hand was placed on her shoulder, and Baekhyun, the owner of the hand appeared from her side and gave her his charming smile. “I know my friend Eunsoo. You don’t have to be worried. Chanyeol is a good guy. He will bring her back safe. I can assure that.”

 

“Can I have some from your ice cream Eunsoo...?” Eunsoo turned to find a mischievous looking Jongin standing behind her, bending to her level. Eunsoo chuckled. “Why, what’s wrong with the one in your hand?” she asked him. Jongin clutched his heart, pretending to be offended. “I think only Yixing hyung is qualified to have a bite from your ice cream.” He said in a teasing manner. Eunsoo looked up and glared at him. Since this morning, the guys had been openly teasing her about Yixing. Even Yixing didn’t stop them, he just smiled and ignored them. But Eunsoo found it very annoying. This time, before she was going to tell Jongin to stop it, another pleading voice that came from her behind, prevented her.

“Forget him Eunsoo. I know you’ll let me have a bite from your ice cream.” It was Sehun. He flashed Eunsoo a cheeky smile and stepped closer to her. “A handsome guy like me, need to be treated like that by girls.”

Eunsoo giggled and to a step away from both guys. “Yah, what’s wrong with you two? Why is everyone after my ice cream today?” she asked, trying to protect her ice cream from the two cheeky guys. But the two were determined to tease Eunsoo, so both of them started walking towards her.

“Why can’t I Eunsoo?”

“Just one bite Eunsoo...”

Both of them darted towards her, making the girl squeal and run out of the hall. She did not see the person who was entering the hall right then, and ran straight into him. She bumped into him, and stumbled a few steps back.

Eunsoo lifted her head up, to find Junmyeon standing at the doorway, glaring at her. Her ice cream was smashed on his chest, leaving some vanilla ice cream on his black t-shirt.

“Oh! Junmyeon, I’m so sorry. I didn’t see you coming in.” Eunsoo said. Sehun and Jongin also stood a few feet behind, watching the scene.

“When will your childish behaviour come to an end?” After glaring at her for a while, Junmyeon finally asked. Eunsoo looked up at him with wide eyes. Then her eyes trailed down to his t shirt, where her ice cream was smudged. “I’m sorry Junmyeon. But that won’t leave any stain, as it is vanilla, and your t shirt is black, there won’t be any stain.” She said, and she quickly took out a tissue from her pocket and started wiping his t-shirt. But Junmyeon roughly pushed away her hand.

“So does that give you permission to run around, smashing your ice cream into people?” He asked. Utter rudeness was clearly visible in his voice. “You might think it’s so adorable when you act like a three-year-old kid. But it’s completely annoying to me. So just stop these nonsense or go act like a kid somewhere else. Just stay away from me. I’m fed up with this ridiculous nonsense!” He snarled at Eunsoo, and stormed into the hall. Eunsoo, shocked from Junmyeon’s sudden outburst, stood frozen on the spot for a while. Jongin and Sehun, even though they knew Junmyeon’s bad temper very well, couldn’t understand what made him lash out at such a small thing.

After a while, Eunsoo slowly walked out, her head bent down. Jongin and Sehun didn’t dare follow her, because they were feeling guilty as their teasing led her into it.

 

 

“Is that true? That Baekhyun made Chanyeol and Sohyun get lost in the woods?” Yoona asked from Jessica, as they were heading to the girl’s rooms. Jessica smirked at her friend. “He may have done it, but do you think Chanyeol won’t like it? He must be more than glad about it.” She said. But rather than listening to her, Yoona’s attention was drawn towards someone who was sitting on a sofa in the lobby, a small figure, sobbing silently.

“Hey, isn’t that Eunsoo?” she asked patting Jessica on the arm. Jessica looked over and saw the girl, and ran to her, closely followed by Yoona.

“Hey Eunsoo! What’s wrong? Tell us dear, what happened?” Jessica asked, taking a seat beside the sobbing girl. Eunsoo went on crying like a baby, tears streaming down her cheeks and her face completely reddened.

“Nobody has....scolded me like that...” Eunsoo said through her sobs. “Not even my parents....I’ve never been....scolded like that...” she said, wiping her flushed cheek with one hand.

“Yah! Who yelled at her? Who scolded Eunsoo???” Yoona bellowed, looking everywhere for the culprit. Her yell was heard by most of the people in the dinning hall, and within no time, Yixing came running. Behind him, came all his friends, all except Minseok and Junmyeon.

“Scolded? Who scolded you Eunsoo? What happened?” Yixing asked, bending in front of the girl, who was crying like a baby. Sehun leaned closer to him, and muttered into his ear. “Junmyeon hyung yelled at her. It looked like he was in a bad mood. Just let it pass hyung, you know his temper.” He said. Yixing, who was completely the opposite of Junmyeon when it comes to anger, stood up straight and sighed. “But why did he yell at her? Out of all people?” he said and bit his lip in frustration, watching Eunsoo sob silently.

 

“Is this your way of getting her out of your mind?” Minseok asked Junmyeon, as the two were sitting in the dinning hall while their friends had gone to comfort Eunsoo. Junmyeon sighed. “Now Yixing will comfort her. That’s what must happen.” He muttered.

“You regret making her cry, don’t you?” Minseok asked, eyeing the creases between Junmyeon’s eyebrows. “Believe me Junmyeon. You’re not running away from her. You’re getting more attracted to her.” Junmyeon glared at his hyung with clenched jaws. “Glaring at me won’t change anything. At this rate, you’ll definitely end up with Eunsoo.” Minseok said with a smirk.

 

* * * * * * * *

 

After the dinner, everyone gathered in the front garden, sat in their group and started doing various activities to pass the time. Some were singing, some were chattering, and some were playing games. Meanwhile some couples were walking into the woods, to have some alone time.

Eunsoo was ba

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter