Open Arms

Frozen Daffodil
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Her phone was in his hand. And he was talking with her grandma.

Eunsoo wanted to run to him and snatch away the phone, or run away from him as soon as possible.

But she was unable to do any of them. Her feet didn’t want to move at all, and she just stood there, watching him end the call and narrow his eyebrows, gripping his own hair.

He’s angry. He’s extremely angry and I don’t know what he’ll do next...

He looked up and his eyes met hers. She saw his eyes turn into an emotion she cannot name or pinpoint, and he started striding towards her.

She was afraid of him now. After she returned from Jeju, Kim Junmyeon was her biggest fear. She gripped the sides of her dress as he came nearer.

 

And he hugged her.

 

For a brief moment Eunsoo’s mind went blank. She couldn’t think of anything, and all kinds of mixed feelings were streaming into her mind. She was shocked, happy, relieved, hurt, and everything at the same time.

 

“Why didn’t you tell me...?”

 

She heard his voice in barely a whisper, as if he was choking.

 

“Why did you endure everything alone my baby? Why didn’t you tell me?”

 

And that was the end of all the courage she was holding up, and broke into tears in his arms. Tears started streaming down her cheeks, and she was crying, crying aloud like a five year old girl.

Junmyeon tightened his hug around her, holding her to his chest with his left arm, and his right travelling up to her hair. “I didn’t know anything, and I acted like I’m the only one being hurt...” his voice also was hitching and trembling, but it died down as Eunsoo was sobbing without stopping, her face buried in his grey cotton shirt. Her hands were now around his waist, crumpling and holding tight to the back of his shirt, as if she was holding onto her dear life. She was crying so hard that made her even hard to breath with her sobs, and Junmyeon gave up on talking. He just stood there, holding her closer to his chest, his fingers through her hair as cried out all the agony she was holding up for the past year.

“I... I...” Eunsoo tried to explain through the sobs. “Jun... Junmyeon...” he looked upwards and held his tears in, and shushed her.

“Shhh...it’s alright... I know everything.” He held her small frame closer with both arms, and pressed his lips on her head.

 

* * * * * * * *

 

Darkness had completely taken over the surroundings, and the only lights that made things barely visible in the room were the lights of the passage outside, and the garden lamps which sent in a weak light through the windows.

Junmyeon was sitting on his bed, his back leaning against the head board of the bed. Eunsoo was snuggled against his side, one of her hands hugging him around the middle. And for her, it was like the day she left him and went to Jeju. She couldn’t stop crying no matter what. She kept her face buried in his shirt, which was now stained with her tears, and her sobs came out muffled, yet she couldn’t stop herself.

“Stop already baby, do you have any idea about how long you’ve been crying? You’ll get sick at this rate...” He mumbled, rubbing her upper arm with his arm around her. “It’s over now. Every single thing is gonna be turned back to normal, you don’t have to be afraid. I will take care of everything love...so please stop crying will you...?” his words were softer than ever. And he fiddled with her fingers, entangling them with his, mumbling her sweet nothings until her sobs slowly died down. At that time they heard familiar voices from the garden outside, and as they were in the first floor, they heard the voices of their friends loud and clear.

“Ah, Jongdae said they’re having dinner in the garden tonight.” Junmyeon said, suddenly recalling what his friend said. “Wanna join them?” he leaned down closer to her and asked.

She shook her head. “Let me be like this for a while...please. I don’t wanna go anywhere.” She tightened her arm around his middle and closed her eyes.

 

The sounds of two guitars being tuned were heard from the garden. And Junmyeon at once knew that it was Chanyeol and Yixing. And soon the chords of the two guitars were followed by four voices, of Jongdae, Kyungsoo, Luhan and Baekhyun. He listened to them while the girl’s hair.

 

“Lying beside you...

Here in the dark...

Feeling your heart beat, with mine...

Softly you whisper, you’re so sincere,

How could our love be so blind...

We sailed on together,

We drifted apart,

And here you are by my side...”

 

She was listening. And the lyrics made her burst into tears once again. She sat up on the bed, and turned to him, and flung her arms around his neck. “I’ll protect you somehow, so please...don’t let me run away from you again. I can’t bear it again.” She said, burying her face in the crook of his neck. Junmyeon encircled his arms around her waist, and grabbed her closer, thinking what made his friends such a song at such a time.

 

“So now I come to you,

With open arms,

Nothing to hide, believe what I say,

So here I am... with open arms,

Hoping you see

What your love means to me,

Open arms...”

 

“Lie down properly, or you neck will hurt.” He whispered in her ear, and got off the bed, and went to the open window. And when he looked down at the garden, he saw his friends having a serene time, listening to the beautiful voices of the four guys. He watched them for a while in silence, and was about to close the window, when Kyungsoo suddenly looked up.

Junmyeon smiled at him.

Kyungsoo might have felt a change about his hyung, as he patted Chanyeol’s arm, which made the later also stop playing the guitar and look up. Junmyeon smiled at him as well, and closed the window.

 

When he walked back to his bed, she had already fallen asleep. Her face looked exhausted and flushed after all that crying, and she had fallen into a deep sleep in just a few minutes time.

He slowly got onto the bed, lied beside her, and dragged the blanket over both of them. Resting his head on his palm, he watched her pale face, which was half visible with the faint light.

 

Te

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter