The Struggle

Frozen Daffodil
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Junmyeon lied on his bed, staring at the ceiling. It was Monday and he had to go to college. But the Saturday evening’s incident kept replaying in his mind. He felt guilty over and over again, which made him even hard to face Yixing properly. He felt like he betrayed his best friend. He feared that Yixing would find out what happened that evening. He knew how much Yixing liked Eunsoo, so he feared that incident would break his friendship with Yixing. He was angry with himself for not being able to control his own emotions.

A knock was heard on the door, and Yixing’s voice followed it. “Aren’t you coming out? It’s seven thirty already.”

Junmyeon stared at the closed door, wondering how he could spend the whole day with Yixing and Eunsoo.

“Didn’t get much sleep last night Yixing. I can’t get up right now. Leave without me.” Junmyeon finally said out aloud.

Yixing pursed his lips. “Okay then, I’m leaving, as arguing with you never does any good.” With that he left the apartment. Junmyeon heard the apartment door close. He took his phone and dialled a number.

 

“Good morning Kris.”

“Morning! Why, aren’t you on your way here?”

“No, not coming today.” Junmyeon muttered in reply. “Kris I need some advise.”

Junmyeon could hear a small laugh from the other end. “Advise? From me? Why, Minseok is the best at it why don’t you ask him?”

Junmyeon bit his lip. “Hyung knows me too well. He’ll at once figure out what I’m up to. So can’t ask him.”

Kris sighed. “Okay then. I’ll try my best. What’s your problem?”

Junmyeon ran his fingers through his hair. “There’s something... I mean someone that I have to take out of my head. What should I do?” He asked. Kris gaped. “Is this ‘someone’...a girl?” He asked with a smirk.

“No.”

 

Maybe it’s his dad or stepmom. Kris thought. “Well...” He began. “For me, the best way to distract myself from anything is working out. Yeah, try that. Work out and release all your stress and agony. I’m sure it will work.” Kris said reassuringly.

“Thanks Kris...gege.” Junmyeon said. Kris raised his eyebrows in surprise, as this was the first time Junmyeon had addressed him as an older brother. He felt worried at the same time about Junmyeon, as the younger one seemed different from his usual self. He ended the call and joined Luhan who was already inside the basket ball court.

 

 

“I’m going to the gym, so don’t wait for me and have dinner.”

Yixing read the text he received from Junmyeon. He furrowed his eyebrows and looked at his watch. It’s just nine in the morning. What would he be doing in the gym till dinner time? He thought. Just then the lecturer began the slideshow, so Yixing averted his attention towards the lecture.

 

* * * * * * * *

 

“I’m sorry sir, but we’re closing the gym now.”

An employee of the gym was standing beside Junmyeon scratching his head. Junmyeon slowly placed aside the dumbbells he was holding, and straightened up. “Haven’t you worked out too much today? I mean, it may cause an injury.” The young man asked Junmyeon with a worried face. But all he got as a reply was a glare. He quickly his heels and walked away muttering to himself. Junmyeon stood up, took his face towel and walked out of the room, wiping his face.

As he was walking out of the gym, he walked past the swimming arena. He remembered how Eunsoo blushed and couldn’t look at him when he came to her after practices in the college swimming pool one day. When he was about to get into his car, his eyes caught a shop which displayed bridal dresses. He was reminded of the day he saw Eunsoo dressed as a bride’s maid, the day his heart literally stopped by seeing her. He shook the thought away and got into his car and drove off.

 

As he entered the apartment, the first thing Junmyeon saw was the vase on the coffee table, filled with fresh white daffodils. He stood still, staring at it. His attempt of forgetting her and distracting himself from thinking about her was completely useless. His eyes were always catching things that reminded him of her. He sent his fingers through his hair, which was drenched in sweat.

“Oh! You’re here.” Yixing, who was sitting on the sofa, looked up from the book he was reading. “Man, you look exhausted! Don’t tell me you’ve be working out all day long.” He said with widened eyes.

Junmyeon gave him a tired smile. “I’m going to bed. Have to wake up early as I have practices tomorrow.” He walked into his room, after giving Yixing a pat on the shoulder. “Good night!” Yixing said aloud as Junmyeon closed the door of his room. “What’s wrong with everyone today? Even Eunsoo seemed a b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter