Happily Ever After

Frozen Daffodil
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Taehee looked at the gaunt face in front of her, but she couldn’t reach him because he sat behind the glass wall and she sat outside it. Tears started welling up as she saw his smile, but not that confident and charming smile which he always gave her, but a weak and helpless smile.

“Are you eating well?”

She finally asked, breaking the silence between them.

Yuzeng smiled again, and shook his head. “I cannot lie to you, can i?” he asked. “Life is really hard in here. And I guess it shows.” He said as he looked down at his prisoner’s attire.

“If you cannot lie to me, how could you become such an evil person behind my back?” Taehee asked, tears starting to stream down her cheeks. “I fell for the kind hearted and gentle Zhang Yuzeng I saw at that time. And you’ve been the same to me all along. Was all that a lie? Was I fooled by you as well?” she asked.

Yuzeng shook his head, and looked into her eyes earnestly. “You and Yixing. You two were my everything, and nothing I did and showed you was a lie. I might have been greedy for money and power, but every single feeling I had for you two was true and sincere.” He said.

A heavy sigh escaped Taehee’s lips, as she wiped away her tears and looked back at him. “But I can’t live with that greed of yours.”

Yuzeng’s face visibly went pale, as if his whole world came crashing down. His lips curled up slightly with a smirk of disbelief, and he spoke up. “Yixing abandoned me and chose his friend and justice, I didn’t mind that. To be honest I knew he was never on my side.” his eyes turned down, and his lips curved a little again. “But I thought I had my Taehee with me no matter what. I thought she needed me as much as I needed her, and I thought she’d forgive me even if anyone else doesn’t.”

He looked up at her again. “It’s alright. You can leave; I understand that you despise me.” He said through a smile.

“Yeah I despise you! I hate you and hate myself for being in dark all this time while you were committing such crimes!” she raised her voice.

“But I want to wait for you.” her voice suddenly softened. “I want to wait until you come back to me, so we can start over.”

His eyes widened. “You’ll... wait for me?” he asked in disbelief. And Taehee nodded in response. “But only, only if you can give up on the way you lived the past few years. I want you to start over just as my husband and Yixing’s gege, and to put away that hunger for power and wealth. Only if so, I will stay with you.”

Yuzeng sighed heavily. His hand lifted to the glass that was separating them, and he touched it, because his hand cannot reach her face. She placed her hand over his, from the other side of the glass, and smiled through tears.

“I will wait for you. Not as the Yuzeng who entered this place, return to me as the Yuzeng I fell in love with.”

 

* * * * * * * *

 

Few weeks after Yuzeng was sent to jail, Junmyeon’s dad announced Junmyeon as the vice president of ZK Pharma. Actually he wanted Yixing and Junmyeon to be joined vice presidents, work together for a few years and gain experience, and then he would retire from his position and will choose the new president from the two youngsters via an official voting. But Yixing refused the vice president position straight away.

“My wish is to work in the laboratory, Mr. Kim.” He said with a smile. “I don’t want any higher position sir, what I like is to work on medicine, continue my researches, and that is how I’m gonna work for this company. Let me do that, please.”

The chairman sighed. “If that’s what you wish, I’ll appoint you as the head of the chemical research department. You will take care of all the laboratory work, and our factories in China. I think you will first have to settle the problems caused in our branch in china, because Yuzeng was dismissed from his position.” He explained to Yixing.

“Of course Mr. Kim. You don’t have to worry about a thing. I’m always there as Junmyeon’s right hand. That will never change. He’ll have my support in whatever he does.” Yixing said reassuringly.

Junmyeon’s dad smiled in relief. “That is the biggest relief in my heart Yixing. Junmyeon has a good friend who’s like a brother to him. I know he will never be alone.” He patted the young man on his shoulder with a smile of satisfaction.

 

* * * * * * * *

 

Junmyeon stared at his girlfriend, who was standing in front of him, dressed in a bridal dress. They were at Junmyeon’s step mom’s favourite designer’s place, along with Jongin and Sehun, who insisted on joining the couple declaring that they knew fashion more than anyone else. The three guys were sitting and waiting for Eunsoo to appear in front of them, wearing the first dress the designer chose for her. It was a high-neck sleeveless dress, done in a plain white material, which matched perfectly with her skin tone. “How is it?” she asked Junmyeon, who was still staring at her without a word.

He suddenly cleared and looked away. “No sleeveless dresses please.” He said to the designer. The designer smiled at him and asked Eunsoo to go back in with her.

“Why hyung! It suited her perfectly!” Jongin yelled as Eunsoo walked away with a puzzled look on her face. Junmyeon ignored him and stared back at the magazine in his hands.

 

“How about this, Mr. Kim?”

The designer pulled the curtain, allowing Eunsoo to step out in the next dress she chose. It was a long sleeves dress this time, off white, and tightly fitted her petite figure. It had a long slit from a few inches above her knee, to the hemline at her toes.

Junmyeon gaped at her for a while and looked back at the designer. “Don’t you have anything without slits like that?” he asked with an uncomfortable smile. The designer let out a silent chuckle and nodded. “Of course Mr. Kim.” She replied, gesturing Eunsoo to return to the changing room. “But Junmyeon,” Eunsoo pouted and looked at him, because she had really liked that dress. But he had already cleared his throat and buried his face back in the magazine. She sighed and walked back in disappointment.

“Hyung what are you expecting?” Sehun asked, starting to get annoyed. “If you have any design in mind, just tell us!” he snapped at Junmyeon. Junmyeon shook his head and looked back at the changing room impatiently.

“What’s wrong with him?” Sehun whispered to Jongin. “He was never so picky with fashion!”

Jongin shook his head and sighed.

 

“This, is the latest design in our store Mr. Kim, and no one has worn it yet. Your bride will be the first to wear it.” The designer proudly said, as she escorted Eunsoo out in her third dress.

This time it was a short dress. It was a white lace dress, long sleeved; boat necked, and ended a several inches above her knees.

“Oh my god that’s perfect!” Jongin slapped on Sehun’s shoulder in delight. Sehun also gave Eunsoo a thumbs up, making her smile back. Then all four of them, the designer, Eunsoo, Sehun and Jongin looked at Junmyeon, expecting his approval since this has been the best dress so far.

Junmyeon’s eyes travelled from her silver high heels, up to her widened eyes in anticipation. “I...well...” he looked at his two friends and back at the designer. “Ugh...Miss Kwon, I said no to a high slit, and now you are showing me a mini dress?” he asked in disbelief.

“This is not a mini dress Junmyeon, it’s just three inches above my knees!” Eunsoo whined.

Suddenly Sehun shot up from the couch, completely irritated. “Hyung,” he called Junmyeon, biting the inside of his cheeks. “Will you please go to the car and wait for us?” he asked. Jongin also stepped in. “Yeah hyung, we know much more about fashion than you do. So let us chose the dress for her. And you can wait outside.” He too said in an annoyed tone.

Junmyeon sighed and got up from the couch.

“Just leave already!” Sehun dragged him towards the door.

Eunsoo giggled once he was out of the boutique. “I’ll try the next dress.” she went into the changing room, and the designer turned back to the two young men. “That’s the nature of many young grooms these days.” She chuckled.

“Seriously? Why the hell is he like that?” Jongin asked her, flopping on the couch.

“He’s a young man who dotes on his fiancée, and it’s natural for him to get impatient when he sees her in somewhat revealing clothes. That’s why he asks us to cover her up.” She explained.

Sehun burst into laughter. “Well that’s our hyung, and sure he is like that. I can understand.” He said through his laugh. Meanwhile Jongin smirked at Sehun, and thought for a while. “Let him lose his sanity, or even blast from impatience. Who cares? We’re gonna dress her to be the prettiest bride ever!” he declared.

 

* * * * * * * *

 

“How’s the dress? It’s not too revealing is it?” Junmyeon asked impatiently, as Eunsoo got into his car about an hour later. The two evil maknaes waved at the couple with cheeky grins, and left the place in Sehun’s car. Eunsoo waved them back and turned to Junmyeon. “It’s really beautiful and I love it! They really have a great sense of fashion Junmyeon.” She said with a grin. Junmyeon nodded slowly and revved the engine in silence.

 

“Where are we going Junmyeon?” Eunsoo asked when he took a different turn when she thought he was heading to the head office.

“I have something to show you.” he smirked, and drove in silence. Eunsoo was curious, but waited to see where he was heading to.

 

A few minutes later, he stopped at a gate, which opened for his car to enter. And he drove in, and Eunsoo widened her eyes at the sight of the house in front of her.

“Where are we?” she asked as he stopped the car.

He smiled and got off, and walked around the car to come and open the door for her to get off. “Come out, I’ll show you.” he smiled.

She got off the car, and he caught her hand and grabbed her into the house.

It was a huge mansion, twice as big as Junmyeon’s parent’s house. The garden was beautifully, maintained, and the house looked the most luxurious and had the influence of latest top notch architecture.

He grabbed her hand and walked from floor to floor,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter