After Her

Frozen Daffodil
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Fine then. I’m gonna patiently wait until the day you can tell me why you did that.”

Sohyun said, as she and Eunsoo were walking along the River Han Park, after finishing their work for the day.

Sohyun haltered in her track, and turned to Eunsoo and took her hand. “No matter what, you have to be happy Eunsoo. Whatever decision you take, just make sure that you won’t regret it later.” Eunsoo nodded in silence, not having the courage to reveal her friend the muddle she was tangled in.

 

Eunsoo finally had decided to meet her best friend and talk to her directly, because she didn’t want Sohyun to be in bad terms with her. Sohyun was extremely upset at first, because Eunsoo had cut ties with her as soon as she left Seoul, and only talked with her now, after returning in almost and year. But after apologizing a numerous times, and after lots and lots of explaining, Eunsoo was able to convince her best friend. She agreed to wait until Eunsoo herself can explain why she suddenly ran away like that.

But even Eunsoo herself didn’t know, when she’d be able to explain.

“So how’s the new job?” Sohyun asked. “It must be a real struggle, when all those guys are at your tail. But it’s not like you can blame any of them Eunsoo.”

Eunsoo nodded. “I know. I just...wish I could quit this job.” She let out a strained sigh.

 

* * * * * * * *

 

Eunsoo went to work the next day, feeling nervous as usual. Before going to the office, she had to Drop off her brother Yeongsoo at his school, so she took him with her.

 

“Bye noona!” the little boy waved at her and walked into the school. After waving at him and watching him walk in, Eunsoo turned back to go to the bus stop.

The first thing she saw, was the black car parked at the opposite side of the road. The glass was pulled down at the driver’s seat, so she clearly saw the person sitting inside, watching her.

Junmyeon had followed her there.

Just when he opened the door and stepped out, she quickly made her way towards the bus stop. The bus stop was only a few yards away from the school’s main entrance, so before he could walk up to her, she reached the bus stop. A bus arrived right then, so she got in, not even checking where it went. Even though Junmyeon quickened his steps and made his way to the bus stop in a moment, the bus was gone before he reached it. Eunsoo let out a nervous sigh and took a seat in the bus, and tried to stop herself from trembling and her heart beating crazily. It happened every time she was near him. She was nervous out of her life and would start trembling like anything. She wanted to quit the job so badly, but the condition of her family won’t let her do so. She was stuck from every aspect, and had no choice but to put up with everything.

 

It’ll go away...He’ll get tired of following me, and will give up eventually...

 

She tried to console herself, but deep inside, she knew very well that Junmyeon won’t give up on her that easily.

 

 

Junmyeon took his car and followed the bus Eunsoo was in, and when the bus stopped near the bus stop close to their company head quarters, he watched the people who got off the bus.

But she did not get off.

He quickly got out of his car, and ran to the bus. And when he got in, and checked inside the bus, she was not in there either. She must have gotten off at a stop before, when lots of people got off. Assuming what has happened, he got off the bus.

Knowing that she will not be coming to work that day because she knew that he was waiting for her, he thought of going to her place. Guessing that she probably went home, he walked back to his car. He revved up the engine, and was about to take a U-turn and drive to Eunsoo’s place, when he recalled Eunsoo’s mother’s words.

 

 

It happened a several weeks after Eunsoo had left Seoul. Junmyeon had been searching all the universities in USA, getting help from his friends there and using his dad’s contacts as well. Finally it proved that no Korean girl with the name Choi Eunsoo had enrolled for higher studies in any university in that country. This made him utmost confused, and enraged at the same time. He stormed back to her house for the umpteenthth time, and inquired her parents once again. But as they were insisting on the fact that she went for higher studies in USA, he lost his patience, and raised his voice at them. Luckily, Eunsoo’s dad was unbelievably patient about his behaviour, and stayed calm, enduring the outraged guy’s behaviour. But Yeongsoo, Eunsoo’s little brother, was frightened. Their family never had any problems that caused any rows, so a guy fuming with anger, coming too their house and yelling at his parents, scared the child.

“Please, Junmyeon... Please be c

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter