He Has Fallen

Frozen Daffodil
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

   Junmyeon went to his father’s place with his father and step mother. The place was something he despised the most, but he thought it was the best way to stay away from Yixing and Eunsoo for a while. His stepmom was kind to him more than he had expected, and he felt uneasy with all her attempts to be a mother to him.

Junmyeon went down to meet his dad and stepmom at the breakfast next day. “Are you going somewhere?” His dad asked seeing Junmyeon dressed to go out.

“It’s the tournament today. At least I should watch it.” Junmyeon replied. “Wait darling, I’ll take you to the college.” Jiwon quickly got up from the table and went to bring her car keys. “There’s no need, I can go by myself.” Junmyeon said. “Go with her Junmyeon, it’s not good for you to drive yet I think.” Mr.Kim said in a concerned tone. Junmyeon felt the concern in his voice, and without arguing more, he walked out and got into Jiwon’s car.

 

“Call me when it’s over. I’ll come and pick you.” Jiwon said after stopping the car at the college’s main entrance. “I can take a taxi. You don’t have to come.” Junmyeon said before he got out of the car. “Anyway, thanks for the ride.” He slightly bowed to her and got out. Jiwon waved at him with a smile and drove off.

 

* * * * * * * *

 

“Yixing that lady doctor, who was with junmyeon’s mother yesterday, is she his stepmom?” Eunsoo asked Yixing as they entered the swimming arena’s huge pavilion. The place was crowded with students from various universities, and family members who had come to cheer the contestants. Eunsoo, Yixing, Sohyun and Chanyeol were searching for the rest of their friends who had promised to save seats for them.

“Ah yes, that was Mrs.Kim.” Yixing replied. “Why, do you know her?”

Eunsoo nodded. “She’s the doctor of my brother. So I’ve known her for some time. She didn’t see me yesterday. I bet she would’ve been happy to see me if she did. I mean, she’s such a kind and nice person, so why can’t Junmyeon accept her as family?” She asked curiously. Yixing smirked. “That’s Junmyeon being himself. He won’t let anyone into his life if he doesn’t feel any affection towards them. So probably he doesn’t feel that for Mrs.Kim.” He said. “Oh! There’s Tao.” He pointed at a front row bleacher where Tao was sitting with the rest of their clique and waving frantically at them. The four made their way to the bleacher and took their seats.

“Pop corn or chocolate Eunsoo?” Luhan asked leaning forward from the far corner of the row of friends. “Chocolate of course!” Eunsoo replied with a grin. Luhan passed the bag to Yixing. But instead of giving the bag of chocolate to the girl, Yixing held it far away from her reach with a playful smirk. “Oh, give it to me will you?” Eunsoo said with a pout. As Yixing shook his head in reply, Eunsoo leaned to him and tried to take it from his hand. While struggling to get the bag, her eyes caught someone’s gaze, or a glare to be exact. Junmyeon was sitting at the opposite side of the pool with the swimming coach and some of the contestants. He was sitting with his hands crossed over his chest, and glaring straight at her. Eunsoo felt uncomfortable with the look in his eyes, and she slowly sat back straight, ignoring Yixing’s teasing. Yixing not knowing what made her stop, quickly placed the bag on her lap. “Hey...no need to be mad. Here, take it.”

 

* * * * * * * *

 

The tournament ended late that afternoon, bringing the glory of victory to many contestants of Cheonha University. Unfortunately they lost the overall championship as their main weapon Junmyeon, as their coach said, could not compete. But Minseok won a gold medal, while Jongdae won one silver and one bronze, and Baekhyun won two silver medals. After receiving all the wishes and praises from many, the three walked out of the arena with Junmyeon, to meet their friends who were waiting for them outside.

“What are we getting after bringing this victory to Cheonha?” Baekhyun asked with a grin. Minseok hit him on the head and glared. “We won them because Junmyeon did not compete remember? And how are we supposed to celebrate it when he is injured like that?”

Baekhyun scratched his head with a guilty smile. “Well I’m sorry hyung, I didn’t mean to hurt you. You know that my tongue doesn’t know the limit...don’t you?” He asked sheepishly from Junmyeon. Junmyeon replied with a smile and patted on his back. “I’m not that much selfish to ruin you happiness. Let’s go. The lunch is on me.”

“Woohoo!” Baekhyun and Jongdae high fived and ran out of the gate, determined to get to the best restaurant they could think of.

 

They came to the restaurant where they usually had lunch when it was on Junmyeon. The place looked exceptionally expensive, but had the simple family like aura in it. Just before they could enter, an old woman wearing shabby clothes came and blocked their way.

“Young people, some of you have such a complicated future that’s full of trouble. may I tell you about your tomorrow?” She asked in a whispery voice. “Ugh, fortune tellers. What rubbish. Let’s just go in.” Kris said in an annoyed tone. But the old woman took another step forward and stared at them. “At least the two young ladies...please let me tell you something.” She said staring at the two girls.

“We’ll hear her out, it’s alright.” Sohyun said to the guys and turned to the fortune teller. “Ajummah, what do you see about me and my friend?”

The woman leaned forward and studied Sohyun’s face. “I see dreams, dreams that are coming true very soon.” She went on, making Sohyun widen her eyes an

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter