Change of Heart

Frozen Daffodil
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Double update! Don’t miss the previous chapter!!!

 

“Can I meet Liu Jiyayi?” Taehee, who walked straight into the salon closely followed by a curious Yixing, asked the manager.

“Jiyayi? Ah yes madam.” The manager bowed quickly and asked another employee to call Jiyayi. A few seconds later, she came out from the staff room, and her saddened face lit up with a smile as soon as she saw Taehee. She bowed to her and waited looking puzzled till she got an explanation about what’s going on.

“Let e take her out for a few minutes.” Taehee turned to the manager and said. “Take that as a short leave, I won’t take long.” She said with a charming smile. The manager nodded at once. “No problem madam, take your time as you please.” He bowed again. Taehee smiled to herself. Since she was a VIP customer of the salon, they couldn’t deny her request.

“Let’s go Jiyayi. We won’t take long.” Taehee called the surprised girl. Having no idea about what was happening, she bowed to her boss and followed Taehee in silence. After the two ladies went out, Yixing also left the salon behind them, just as puzzled as Jiyayi.

 

* * * * * * * *

 

“Did you have lunch?”

Taehee asked the confused girl, as the three of them sat at a table in a restaurant near by the salon. Jiyayi sat at the opposite side, facing Taehee and Yixing.

“Ah yes madam.” She said with a slight bow. Taehee nodded and ordered fruit juice for the three of them.

“Your job...at the salon, it is hard isn’t it?” she asked the girl in a kind voice. Jiyayi lifted her head and looked at her with wide eyes. “I know you’re struggling.” Taehee said.

The Chinese girl finally nodded with a small smile. “But I cannot help it madam. I cannot give up because it is hard. I have to earn money no matter what.” She said.

Taehee nodded in acknowledgement. “I’m not going to dig everything up. Knowing you have struggles is enough.” She looked into the younger girl’s eyes. “What if you get a more promising job? With a higher salary?” she asked.

Yixing turned his head and stared at his sister-in-law and so did Jiyayi.

“I will get you a decent job with a good salary at my fiancé’s company. He once told me that he can give a chance to someone I know since there are a few vacancies. I’ll set you up for one.” She said.

Jiyayi shot up from her chair, and bowed ninety degrees in front of Taehee. “I don’t know how to thank madam! Oh my, anyplace will be better than this salon.” She said grinning from ear to ear. Taehee chuckled seeing the girl’s happiness.

“Bring your resume and meet me tomorrow.” She handed out a business card to Jiyayi. The girl took it with both hands and glanced at it.

“You have a bright future Jiyayi. Don’t waste it in that horrible place.” Taehee said.

Jiyayi bowed again. “I don’t know how to thank you for this madam.” She said. Taehee chuckled. “This is something I have always wanted to do. Now go back to work. No need to quit until you get the new job.”

 

The girl bowed again to booth Taehee and Yixing, which Yixing returned with a nod, and ran out of the restaurant. She ran along the street, happiness overflowing in all her moves.

 

Taehee smiled to herself watching the small figure disappear from the corner of the street, through the front glass of the restaurant. “Saw that?” she asked, turning back to face Yixing. “How her mood changed from the terrible state she must have been in the morning to such a happy state she is now in?”

Yixing’s lips curved into a slight smile. “Well noona, I must appreciate you for sure. What you did was really great. Now she’ll have things more easy going.” He said.

“Honestly my one and only intention was not giving Jiyayi a job.” She glanced at Yixing. “I wanted to convince you something.”

Yixing stopped sipping on his fruit juice and looked at her. “Convince something?”

Taehee moved a bit forward, leaning on her elbows on the table. “We stick on to things even though they hurt us sometimes. But once something better comes our way, we let the old things go without a second thought, don’t we? And also, who knows what great things are awaiting fir us in future? Did Jiyayi even imagine this morning that she’ll get a better job by the end of the day?”

Yixing narrowed his eyebrows. Taehee went on. “We never know what lies in our future dear, we think all that matters is what happened to us right now, and mope over it hurting ourselves. What we should do is put things aside and move on. You are still young and you can’t even imagine how serious your life problems can get in the future. These things will be nothing then. I know it’s hard but let’s try to forget things and stay happy like you always did.”

Yixing let out a deep sigh. “I get it noona.” He mumbled. “I also need to forget things and move on, be friends with them just as before. And everything you said is right I guess. This is not such a serious problem.” He said.

Taehee grinned at the younger. “Let’s go home then.” She stood up and came to him, and patted his shoulder. Yixing nodded and got up to leave.

 

 

“Mission accomplished!” Taehee said, entering Yuzeng’s living room. She walked to him and sat beside him on the couch, with a proud smile on her face. Yuzeng looked at her with an amused expression. “Where is he?” He asked, as Yixing didn’t follow her to the room.

“Went back to where he belongs.” Taehee replied. Yuzeng raised his eyebrows and put an arm around her. “You made up his mind?”

She nodded slowly. “Not completely maybe, but I sorted things out for him. He’ll be alright in no time. Don’t worry.” She said. Yuzeng sighed in relief. “Glad to hear that. He made me worry a lot.” He said. “Thank you Taehee, for being an older sister for him.” Taehee smiled at him. Yuzeng caressed her face and placed a small kiss on her lips.

 

* * * * * * * *

 

Yixing watched the girl who came running out of the small restaurant. He was standing behind a van parked nearby.

“There’s no fever now, is there?” she was talking through the phone. “Did you have lunch?......Come on Junmyeon, how can an illness recover when you are starving and weak?”

Yixing cringed hearing that specific name escape from his lips.

“Come here? Now? No way!” she almost yelped to her phone. “Look here Junmyeon, it’s gonna rain soon so you can’t be out now. Stay home today and we’ll meet tomorrow ok?” She said. While listening to the reply from the other side, her lips turned up into a beautiful smile,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter