Sohyun's Love of Life

Frozen Daffodil
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The college premises were not filled with students as it was barely the dawn. But at the main gate, students were gathering for their annual trip. Most of them were excited, yet some were still yawning and were half asleep. A row of busses were parked alongside the road near the entrance, ready to leave when everybody was on board. Some students were getting into them, and some were already in, saving seats for their friends or significant others. Kris was the first to arrive at the college from his gang. He was pacing impatiently in front of his dad’s car waiting for his friends to arrive, when he spotted someone whom he had been looking for.

“Hey Minho!” He yelled as he spotted a fellow member of the basket ball team, Choi Minho passing by. Minho stopped and turned, and saw Kris waving at him. He came to Kris with a smile on his face. “What’s up bro?”

“Those lazy idiots are late, so can you reserve some seats for us in the bus that you are in?” Kris asked. Minho chuckled and nodded. “Sure...but how many? Twelve?” he asked.

“Nope...fourteen.” Kris answered. Minho nodded knowingly. “The twelve of you plus Chanyeol’s crush and Yixing’s crush?” he asked with a smirk. Kris smirked back at him. “Yeah right.”

Minho gave Kris a thumbs-up and jogged towards the bus where he and his friends were in. Kris turned back to continue his waiting process.

 

Within another half an hour, the twelve guys were gathered at the college entrance. Sehun and Tao were jumping around like excited elementary school kids, while Jongin was still half asleep, placing his head on Kyungsoo’s shoulder. Luhan was explaining Yixing how a jungle expedition was done, while Minseok was muttering something to Junmyeon, who was listening with an emotionless face. Baekhyun spoke up, gaining everyone’s attention. “Guys! Let’s get on to the bus. I have something to plan with you.” He said with his usual cheeky grin. Kris raised an eyebrow at him. “Okay then, to the last bus of the row. Minho is saving seats for us!” He said and everyone followed him to the last bus, carrying their bags with them.

 

“Now listen well, all of you.” Baekhyun started after all the twelve were seated in the back area of the bus. He looked so serious as if he was discussing some war strategies with fellow generals.

“First, Yixing ge, wait outside the bus and look out for Eunsoo and Sohyun. If they’re coming, take them anywhere else until this discussion is over. I’ll explain everything to you later.” Baekhyun told Yixing. Yixing nodded and got off the bus. Baekhyun turned back to the remaining guys. “Remember that fortune teller from the restaurant?” all of them nodded, so he continued. “It was very clear that Sohyun completely believed in what she said.”

“What, the thing that the love of her life will approach her within two weeks? What rubbish man! Just forget it.” Chanyeol said. Baekhyun grinned at his friend’s darkened face. “If it’s rubbish then why are you so upset about it?” he smirked at Chanyeol. “Let’s make that prophecy come true. This idiot here, will never confess his love at this rate. So today we’re going to make it happen.” He grinned triumphantly.

“And how is that?” Jongin asked with a yawn. Baekhyun continued after winking at Chanyeol, who had his mouth hanging open. “When we’re halfway through the jungle, I’ll distract Sohyun from the rest of you with the help of Tao. Yixing ge can keep Eunsoo with him, so she won’t miss Sohyun. We’ll make her walk out of the main route, but Chanyeol, you have to stay with her. Just you, pretend that you’re going the right way, and follow her when she goes in a wrong path.”

Then Tao spoke. “Chanyeol ge, when she realizes that you two are lost, then comes your time. Tell her not to worry, and guide her out of the jungle. You can call or text us to know where we are, so it won’t be difficult for you.” He said with a wink.

“But what if-“ Chanyeol started, but soon got cut out by Luhan. “Don’t worry, we’re not walking deeper into the forest. We’ll probably stick to the edge of it, so you have mobile network signals.” Luhan said. “Just make sure that you make her fall for you within those hours.” Jongdae said smirking. Chanyeol let out a sigh and nodded. “Yeah, I guess, thanks guys. Let’s hope that this works out.”

Kris took out his phone and called Yixing. “Enough flirting out there Yixing, come in with them now.” He said looking out of the window. Yixing, who had been chatting outside the bus with the two girls for a few minutes now, hung up the phone. “Why don’t we get in now?” He asked with an innocent smile. “Um...Eunsoo, can we sit together?” he asked sheepishly. Eunsoo gulped and looked at Sohyun with a helpless look. She then quickly turned to Yixing and answered. “I’m sorry Yixing, I promised Sohyun to sit with her. It’ll hurt her if I change it now.” She said. Sohyun opened to ask when did Eunsoo promise her something like that, but Eunsoo quickly grabbed her hand and got into the bus. Yixing sighed and followed them inside.

“Are you ignoring him Eunsoo?” Sohyun asked her, after greeting everyone and taking the seat with Eunsoo. Eunsoo shook her head. “Not ignoring him. Just keeping my distance.” She said. Sohyun raised her eyebrows. “Eunsoo, he likes you! And it’s Zhang Yixing that we’re talking about! Not just a stupid random guy. Someone that half of the college girls swoon over! And he is such a great guy in every way!” Sohyun said impatiently.

“Shhh! The others will hear you!” Eunsoo whispered hitting Sohyun’s arm. “No they won’t. Those guys are plotting something. Don’t know what they’re up to.” Sohyun said carelessly. “So you too, think that Yixing is interested in me?” Eunsoo asked in a whisper. Sohyun nodded in reply. “That’s so obvious. And I have even heard the guys telling things about you.” She said.

“All of them?” Eunsoo asked.

“Yes, I guess.” Sohyun replied.

“Even Junmyeon?” Eunsoo asked again.

“Er...not him, maybe, but he never teases anyone at all.” Sohyun said with a shrug.

Eunsoo sighed. Her eyes slowly turned to the op

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter