Preparations

Frozen Daffodil
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“I have good news for you.” Yuzeng said, as he was driving Yixing and Junmyeon home. Yixing, who was sitting on the passenger seat, turned to him wide widened eyes. “What?” he asked. Junmyeon, who was seated at the back seat, also leaned forward in curiosity.

“I’m getting engaged.” Yuzeng said with a smile.

“What? Really ge?” Yixing asked, almost jumping onto his brother. Junmyeon also was excited by this sudden news, and leaned forward even more, clinging on to the driver’s seat.

“Is she Taehee noona hyung?” he asked. Yuzeng nodded, still smiling.

Song Taehee was the daughter of the owner of the biggest security firm in Seoul, and junmyeon’s dad was the one who introduced her to Yuzeng. Yuzeng liked the pleasant and elegant personality of the girl, and she liked him for him undeniable charming self and his kind attitude. The two has been dating for more than one year, and finally they have decided to get together.

“That’s absolutely great hyung! I’m happy for you...” Junmyeon said, patting on Yuzeng’s shoulder. Yuzeng slightly turned his head back. “Thank you Junmyeon.”

But Yixing was still staring at his brother in awe. He collected his words a bit later.

“Finally.” He said in relief. “Finally you are settling down. I’m so relieved.”

“I want you to invite all your friends. It’s been awhile since you moved to Korea, so now it’s time you invite them to a family function.” Yuzeng said to Yixing. Yixing nodded happily. “Of course ge, I’ll make sure that every single one of them come.” He said, his face literally glowing with happiness.

 

“There’s another favour I have to ask from you guys.” Yuzeng went on. “I need you two to host my engagement.” He grinned, his eyes still fixed on the road ahead.

“What?” Yixing blurted out. Junmyeon also stared at the elder guy. “I’m not sure about you Yixing, but I’m sure Junmyeon will do it nicely. Won’t you Junmyeon?” He asked, slightly turning his head back.

“Yeah...of course...hyung.” Junmyeon said, rather uncertain about it. “We’ll do our best.” He said, and finally Yixing too, nodded, agreeing his friend.

 

* * * * * * * *

 

“Thanks hyung! Good night Yixing!” Junmyeon bowed at Yuzeng and waved at Yixing as he got off the car at the Kim’s mansion. “See you later!” Yixing waved back, and the two Chinese men drove off. Junmyeon turned and entered his dad’s place.

“Junmyeon-ah! Oh, you look so tired. No wonder, it’s such a long trip.” Junmyeon got showered with his step mom’s concerns who ran to him as soon as he set foot inside the house. He felt uneasy with her as usual, and slightly nodded to her and went towards the staircase.

“Did you have fun Junmyeon?” His father, who was watching TV, turned his head around and asked. “Yes abhuji.” Junmyeon replied, and started climbing the stairs.

“How about that girl you like? Did things go well with her?” Jiwon asked, looking excited like a teenage school girl.

Junmyeon’s ears went pink. He wondered how they knew, but soon he realized Minseok must have told them.

“Yeah...kind of.” He said with a slight smile, and went upstairs to his room. “Oh great!” Jiwon chuckled. “He’ll be happy and cheerful again, if things turn out well with her.” she went to sit beside her husband. “I don’t mind even if he doesn’t treat me well, if he’s happy, anything’s fine with me.” She sighed.

 

* * * * * * * *

 

Next day, Junmyeon woke up and went downstairs to find Yixing, sitting with his dad and stepmom for breakfast. He raised his eyebrows at his friend, and sat beside him.

“What brings you here?” He asked Yixing, spreading butter on his toast.

“Mrs. Kim wanted me here. I also don’t know the reason.” Yixing answered with a shrug.

“I want to go shopping with you guys.” Jiwon said with a huge grin on her face. Both guys looked astounded by her words. Junmyeon opened his mouth at once to refuse, but was cut off by her again.

“It’s for Yuzeng’s engagement. I heard you two are gonna be the hosts for that night, so it’s my duty to groom you up. Let’s go to the best places today, and buy you suits. Okay?” she asked cheerfully. Yixing nodded happily, so Junmyeon also had no other option but to agree her.

 

 

“All-black for Yixing and all-white for Junmyeon. How is that?” Jiwon asked. They were in the designer’s shop, which Junmyeon’s dad always came to get his suits. Yixing at once agreed, nodding eagerly, since black was his favourite. But Junmyeon looked horrified, and stared at his stepmom.

“All-white?” He asked. “Me in a white suit? Why can’t I also wear black like him?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter