Unexpected

Frozen Daffodil
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The final exams finished, leaving the students exhausted to death. Yixing aced every subject easily, unlike most of the students who struggled at least to get passed. Eunsoo too, got through all the exam paper without much difficulty, since she always studied hard. Junmyeon too, got through the exam really well, thanks to Eunsoo’s encouraging and her pestering for him to study all the time.

“If only you knew how much he feared seeing your name on his phone when it was ringing for the past few weeks!” Yixing chuckled while walking towards the faculty cafeteria with Junmyeon and Eunsoo. Eunsoo raised her eyebrows and looked at her boyfriend. “Why’s that Junmyeon?” she asked in a half amused tone.

“Uh... It’s not like that...” Junmyeon replied after glaring at his friend. “It’s just...that you called every now and then to make sure I was studying, so I panicked a little seeing your number on my screen.” He grinned meekly. Eunsoo stopped on her track and turned to face the two guys with an inquiring expression. “And why panic, if you were studying?” she asked with a smirk. Yixing snickered, eyeing his friend. “Of course, you should panic if you were watching TV or dozing off, drooling on your notes.”

“Yixing you....!!!” Junmyeon caught Yixing in a headlock and dragged him all the way to the cafeteria like that, ignoring Yixing’s screams as well as Eunsoo’s scolding.

“Glad to see everything gone back to normal.” Luhan said, watching the two boys and girl who were walking to their table in the cafe. Minseok nodded, sipping on his iced Americano. “Of course it’s a huge relief, we never want our guys to fight over anything and spilt apart.” He said. By then, the three came to the table and took their seats. “What about the trip? Our usual after-exams relaxation trip?” Junmyeon asked. Luhan shook his head in disappointment. “This time we’ll have to forget it.” He said. “What? Why?” Yixing asked sounding upset. Luhan took out his phone and showed them his chat with Tao. “He was injured during training this morning.” He said. “Oh, is it bad?” Eunsoo asked worriedly. “Not that serious.” Luhan answered, stuffing his phone back in to his pocket. “But no travelling or working out for some time. He’s not even taking part in the IUG this year.” He finished in a disappointed tone.

“What?” Yixing dropped the fry he had stolen from Minseok’s plate. “Didn’t you guys say that he’s the champion for two years in a row?” He asked. All the three boys and even Eunsoo nodded at his question. “He became the Inter University wushu champion two years ago, right after he entered the university, and last year too. This year, he was our biggest hope.” Minseok stated gloomily. Luhan turned to his friend, with a smirk on his lips. “So this year, it’s all up to you. The swimming team, you guys must bring the IUG overall championship to our college.” He said with a slap on Minseok’s back. Minseok nodded with a pout.

The Inter University Games, commonly known as the IUG, is the biggest annual sports event for the college students. Cheonha University, being one of the best and most prestigious colleges in the country, won the overall championship in the IUG every year. Swimming also was one of the main sports they had their hopes on, which brought them quite a lot of medals. And Junmyeon was the champion among champions in swimming. “You’re alright now, aren’t you Junmyeon?” Minseok asked the younger. Junmyeon nodded at him. “I’m fine now. My spine’s fully healed. Don’t worry.” Junmyeon smirked. “Waah, That’s a huge relief. Remember, this year too, we need all those gold medals out there!” Luhan stated with a proud smile. Junmyeon nodded with a chuckle. “Seriously hyung, we can’t be wasting our time like this. Shouldn’t we start practicing now?” Junmyeon asked from Minseok. Minseok nodded and got up from his chair. “Yeah right. Let’s go then.”

Junmyeon also got up and looked at Eunsoo. “You can come and watch us practice.” He flashed her a smile. Eunsoo nodded, returning his smile. “Yeah sure.” She too, stood up. But suddenly, a thought struck her. Junmyeon. Swimming. Her ears went pink in no time.

Junmyeon suppressed his laughter, and dragged her by her arm, and leaned closer to her ear. “C’mon, you can’t escape everyday from it.” His whisper made her blushed even more, and Junmyeon dragged her out of the cafeteria with a grin. Yixing turned to the two older guys with a smirk, after watching the couple leave. “I’m also gonna leave then. I thought all the guys would be here. Since you all have to go for practices, I’l

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter