The Dismissal

Frozen Daffodil
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Junmyeon sighed as he watched the guy sitting at his left, in the other row of seats. He was staring blankly at the head rest of the seat in front of him, blinking occasionally. He didn’t know that Junmyeon was watching him, and didn’t snap out of his daze until Jiyayi, who was sitting beside him, took his hand and asked him if he wants anything to drink. He shook his head, and stared back at the front seat, as a heavy sigh escaped his lips.

Junmyeon took his eyes off him and looked ahead. “I feel sorry for him. He’s not someone to deserve this kind of thing.” He muttered.

Eunsoo, who was seated next to him, leaned forward and looked at Yixing as well. “He’ll be alright. He’s soft hearted, but he indeed has a strong conscience.” She said, while watching Jiyayi mumbling sweet nothings to distract Yixing from his bad mood. He turned to his girlfriend, and gave her a weak smile, deciding to let her chatter away, distracting him.

“It’s good that he has someone to care for him sincerely now.” Eunsoo said. Junmyeon nodded, and took her hand to entwine his fingers with hers. “Promise me one thing Eunsoo.” He said.

Eunsoo widened her eyes and waited for him to continue. “Promise me that you will trust me and stay beside me whatever decision I’m gonna take.” He said. Eunsoo looked worried, as she slowly asked, “You won’t do anything that’ll make Yixing hate you, will you Junmyeon?”

He shook his head. “He knows me. And I know him. I took something away from him just once in my life,” he brought her hand up to his lips and placed a soft kiss there. “And I won’t ever take anything away from him again. Ever.” He rested his cheek on her hand that was still interlocked with his. Eunsoo watched him for a while and nodded slowly.

 

* * * * * * * *

 

“Straight to the headquarters. There seem to be a serious problem for them to call a sudden board meeting like this.” Chanyeol said, as the group of them hurriedly walked out of the arrivals area of the airport. Eunsoo was the first to activate her local number, and her phone started ringing straight away. “Oh Jisoo...” she answered the call and walked away.

“We’ll drive Sohyun home. Don’t worry. You guys head to the office quickly.” Baekhyun patted on Chanyeol’s shoulder with a reassuring smile. Chanyeol nodded gratefully, and turned to Sohyun. “I’ll see you right after the meeting.” He said, and Sohyun nodded with a smile. Yixing, Junmyeon and Jiyayi were already walking towards the company vehicle which was waiting for them, and Eunsoo came running to the after ending her call with Jisoo.

“Junmyeon,” she called him out.

Junmyeon, who had walked ahead thinking she was following him close behind, turned around to see her a few meters behind. Slightly surprised, he walked back to her. “What’s wrong?” he asked puzzled.

“It’s Yeongsoo.” Eunsoo bit her lip in frustration and said. “I wanted to go to the head quarters with you but, he’s been taken to the hospital this morning and, is now in the surgery.” She said, tears glistening in her eyes.

Junmyeon ran his hand through his hair. He wanted to take her to the hospital, but the meeting was urgent. While he was stuck in the dilemma, Kyungsoo stepped in.

“Hyung you don’t have to worry. We’ll take her to the hospital. You can join us after the meeting.” He said.

Junmyeon looked at Eunsoo worriedly. She squeezed his hand and nodded reassuringly. “Don’t be upset about it. Go to the HQ quickly.” She said.

Junmyeon bit his lower lip and sighed. “I’ll be there as soon as possible.” He said. And he nodded to the rest of his friends after patting on Kyungsoo’s shoulder, and headed to the cab waiting for him.

“Alright. Straight to the hospital with noona then.” Sehun got hold of Eunsoo’s shoulders and pushed her towards the exit.

 

* * * * * * * *

 

Junmyeon and Yixing got dressed in their formal attire in the office, and made their way straight o the board room. As they entered the elevator, Yixing pressed the number and the doors closed, leaving the two guys inside the elevator in silence.

 

 

“Whatever reason it must be,” Junmyeon started, breaking the awkward silence between them. “I’m telling this because I have a bad feeling about this sudden meeting. Whatever thing they gonna bring up, don’t meddle it with the personal issue.” He said. Yixing looked at him with a questioning look. “I don’t want you to believe what Eunsoo and I said earlier, without any proper evidence. Believe it once you get to know who Yuzeng is yourself.” Junmyeon said. Yixing’s eyes shifted to the floor, and he sighed. “I fear the truth Junmyeon, I don’t want to know the truth if he’s the one who did this to you.” he muttered. “I need both of you in my life. I can’t lose my Ge, or you. I kind of already believe you, so I’m afraid.”

Junmyeon lifted his arm to circle it around his friend’s shoulder, and gave him a smile full of trust. “No matter what happens, believe me, we’ll be best friends forever.” He said which made Yixing give out a weak smile.

 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter