Team Work

Frozen Daffodil
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yixing looked at Taehee, who was walking beside him.

“Noona,”

“Hmm?” Taehee answered, looking around the park, where children were running everywhere and playing.

“What do you know about gege?” Yixing asked after remaining silent for a while.

Taehee looked back at him and chuckled. “Look who’s asking me about Yuzeng! Aren’t you the one who knows about him more than anyone else in the world?” she asked back.

“No it’s not like that noona, I mean, I was not close with him for the past few months, I was stuck with my own life so...” he eyed her carefully. “Did ge do something weird, or did his behaviour changed in some manner?” he asked.

Taehee looked at him with a questioning look. “Why do you ask such a thing? And by the way, did you bring me here to ask that?”

Yixing shook his head with a smile. “I didn’t get a chance to spend some time with you for a long time. That’s why I brought you out for a walk noona.” He said. “But what I asked you, I did wanted to get an answer from you for that as well.” He said honestly.

Taehee watched him for a while, and answered. “I don’t know why I feel bad about this, but I think troubles are on the way.” she went on. “But since you asked me, I’ll tell you the truth.”

She bit her lip and stayed silent for a while. “I know Yuzeng is not the person he seems to be.” She said. Yixing stayed still, waiting for her to talk. “Not that he doesn’t treat me well. He’s such a loving person when it comes to our relationship, but I don’t know anything about what he’s doing in his professional life. He seems to have a lot of secrets.” Her eyes looked disturbed. “I thought many times about telling you to look into this Yixing, I fear if he’s engaged in anything illegal.”

Yixing sighed. “What if he is engaged in such things noona?” he asked.

Taehee looked at him, her eyes flickering nervously. “What if he is not the person he seemed to be?” he asked again.

This time, after staying silent for a while, Taehee was the one who sighed. “Still I’ll be there for him.” she finally muttered. “Still I can’t get over the fact that I love him. So no matter how long, I’ll wait for him to return to me as a good person.”

 

* * * * * * * *

 

Minseok entered the Kim’s mansion, to be greeted by Jiwon. “Junmyeon is expecting you Minseok.” She said. Minseok bowed to her with a smile. “I’ll meet him there then ommonim.” He made his way upstairs.

However when he entered Junmyeon’s room, the room was empty. He closed the door behind him, and walked towards the study table. There were account records, and many other work-related documents spread all over the table, as if Junmyeon had already started work. “Where is he?” Minseok muttered to himself, and sat at the table, and started examining the records.

 

Meanwhile out in the balcony of the room, Junmyeon was with Eunsoo. “It’s useless.” Eunsoo mumbled in disappointment. “We can’t find anything by just staring at those account records. It’s not like they’ll do something illegal just leaving clear evidence.”

Junmyeon chuckled at her pouting face. “How can you laugh and be so carefree when you’re in this much trouble?” Eunsoo asked, frowning at him. He chuckled again, and came to stand behind her, and embraced her from behind. “Just be calm... we’re not alone in this. We have people on our side who’re willing to help. So it won’t be difficult to prove my innocence.” He said. But Eunsoo was still frowning. “Minseok hyung and Sehunie will be here now. Hyung is sharp, and Sehun is the ICT genius, so we’ll be able to catch a corner somehow.” He said, placing his chin on her shoulder.

Eunsoo brought her hand to caress his cheek. “Let’s get back to work then. The trail is day after tomorrow Junmyeon! We need evidence and witnesses before that or the trail will drag away!”

“Will you stop nagging me about the stupid trail for once?” Junmyeon whined. “For once, can’t you talk about something else?”

“Like what? Something like...daffodils?” she asked, pointing at the daffodils that were fully bloomed in the garden. Junmyeon sighed. “Something more... heartfelt?” he suggested. Eunsoo bit back her smile and spoke again. “Then.... something like, ice cream?”

“What the heck... when did ice cream become heartfelt to you?” Junmyeon deadpanned as he spun her around to see her giggling. “Having fun are you?” he asked, his lips curving into a smirk. Eunsoo looked up at him with widened eyes, as he suddenly leaned down and pecked on her lips. She went red at once, and pursed her lips.

“Isn’t it about time Eunsoo?” he asked, after heaving a deep sigh. “About time for what?” she asked back.

“Time for us to get together.” He said, enclosing the space between them. “Let’s get married...shall we?” he mumbled leaning closer to her ear.

“Junmyeon... I told you didn’t I? First, let’s get over this problem first, and we can talk about this later okay?” she said.

He sighed, his warm breath hitting her cheeks. “Am I being rejected again?” he asked, remaining closer to her. She shook her head with a smile, and slightly pushed him back to look at his face. “I’m just showing you the priorities. Let’s focus on proving your innocence first okay?” she explained with a smile. Junmyeon sighed again, and walked back into his room, without waiting for her to follow. Nevertheless she chuckled and followed him inside.

 

“Oh hyung, when did you arrive?” Junmyeon raised his eyebrows, seeing Minseok already working on his desktop. Minseok turned to look at him with a smile. “About ten minutes ago. Hey Eunsoo!” he waved at the girl who appeared from behind Junmyeon.

“Oppa!” she smiled and quickly walked up to him. “Look, we couldn’t find anything suspicious at all!” she sat beside him, and the two started discussing about the documents.

Junmyeon scoffed, and placed his hands on his hips. “Look at these two! How dare you guys ignore me like this eh?” he snapped at them.

Eunsoo looked at him and grinned. “Now come here and help us with this. This is all for your good.” She patted the chair beside her and said. Minseok looked at the text he got just then, and stuffed the phone back into his pocket. “Sehunie’s on his way. He’ll be here in fifteen minutes.” He said.

 

* * * * * * * *

 

“Let’s see...if I can take a peek at his chat records and emails, we’ll find almost everything.” Sehun said, completely engrossed in the desktop screen.

“Just hack into his email account! You can do that much can’t you?” Jongin mumbled while lying flat on Junmyeon’s bed. Sehun turned to give him a smirk and turned back to the screen.

“But hyung,” he said, after working in silence for a while. “This won’t do I guess. The security to his accounts is too strong. I guess he’s already aware of hackers.” He said, looking up at Junmyeon with disappointment. “I’m sorry hyung, I’ve tried my best.”

Junmyeon shook his head. “Doesn’t matter Sehun-ah, we’ll try some other method.” He said, patting on the youngster’s shoulder.

“Oh, Baekhyun hyung!”

Jongin’s voice made them all look at him at once.

“Hyung where are you? I have a favour to ask you...... Oh, you’re with Jongdae hyung? Oh that’s even better!” he went on talking by the phone, ignoring the curious gazes he was receiving from Junmyeon, Eunsoo, Minseok and Sehun.

“Hyung we need to check out something..... Yeah right, it’s about evidence. So can you bring us something related to Yuzeng hyung, something that we can get information from?”

Minseok and Junmyeon looked at each other in surprise.

“Arasso hyung, come to Junmyeon hyung’s place when you get it. Okay.” Jongin hung up the call and looked at the stares he was receiving, and smirked. “No need to thank... I’m just using the beagle line for something useful.” He threw the phone aside and closed his eyes again.

 

* * * * * * * *

 

“What shall we get? What if we can get Yuzeng’s phone?” Baekhyun suggested, as the two were walking towards the head quarters.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter