The Chinese Friend

Frozen Daffodil
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Junmyeon stared at his wrist watch and sighed. The flight was half an hour late. it was about time his friend arrived at Incheon International Airport. But he was late. Girls and women of different nationalities passing by glanced at this handsome guy, wearing a plain white shirt and denim jeans, but still outstanding in the crowd. Some passed by giving him flirtatious smiles. Yet Junmyeon ignored them and waited glancing at the arrivals area.

After a few minutes, the the flight which he was waiting arrived, and people, most of them Chinese, started pouring out of the exit. Among them was a handsome Chinese guy, wearing a brown long sleeve t-shirt and black ripped jeans, walking out looking for his friend.

Junmyeon saw the friend he was anticipating, so he lifted his hand in the air and called him. "Yixing!"

The Chinese guy turned and saw his friend, and came to him, smiling brightly, his dimple showing off and Junmyeon returned his smile with just a small upturn in his lips. "How was the flight? Must be tiring. Let's go home man," he took Yixing's luggage and started putting them into his car.

"Um...Junmyeon," Yixing started feeling nervous because he knew what his friend's reaction would be. "Your dad invited us for dinner. My brother also will be joining us tonight at your dad's place." He bit his lip waiting for his friend to blast off.

Junmyeon gritted his teeth. He was angry but he could not yell at his friend. So he turned to face yixing and sighed deeply. "Just for tonight ok? And that's only because your brother will be there." He walked past Yixing and got in to his car. Yixing smiled to himself in relief and got into the passenger seat.

 

They arrived at the Kim mansion at about 7o'clock in the evening. The two guys went into the huge house, to be greeted warmly by Mr. and Mrs. Kim.

 

"Hello Mr. Kim, it's a pleasure to see you after a long time." Yixing hugged Junmyeon's dad. He smiled widely and turned too his wife. "Jiwon, so this is Zhang Yixing. He resembles Yuzeng alot, doesn't he?" He beamed. "And Yixing, meet my wife Jiwon."

Mrs. Kim stepped forward and shook hands with Yixing. "Let's go inside dear, you must be tired." She smiled warmly at the two guys.

 

* * * * * * * *

 

"So Yixing, how's your studies now?" Mr. Kim asked. The four of them were having dinner, as Yixing's brother Yuzeng had called telling that he would not be able to join them that night as he had an urgent meeting and had promised to meet Yixing the next day. Junmyeon was the only one who was silently eating away, while Yixing was happily in conversation with the two elders.

"I'm planning to continue my special degree in chemistry." Yixing replied. "That's what my brother wants."

 

"It's great to hear at least one of the two heirs of our company thinks about it's future." Mr.Kim said, glancing sideways at his son. Junmyeon munched away his food, pretending not to hear him. "Just look at him Yixing, he's a complete mess! All he does is wasting his time in swimming pools with his gang of friends. And his grades, he's embarrassing me each and everyday with those dropping down grades!" Mr.Kim went on, now directly staring at Junmyeon. In return, Junmyeon was just staring at his plate. But Yixing could see he was clenching his jaws.

 

Mrs.Kim felt the tension building up at the table, so she quickly took the bowl kimchi and tried to put some into Junmyeon's plate. He lifted his head up, sending daggers with his eyes. "Don't you know that I hate raddish kimchi? Just don't pretend like you love me when you actually don't."

 

Mrs.Kim was both shocked and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter