Surprise

Baby Sinb

Sinb's grandmother went home with a tint of joy in her face.

"Finally, I'm home after a long break" she said to herself and straightly went inside her house. She also noticed that the plants in front of her house are all destroyed but she ignored it thinking that she haven't been watering them for a long time that why it died.
"Aigoo.. this house is dusty. I guess I need to do a lot of cleaning" she stretch her arms.
"Better start now" she said then headed to get the cleaning utensils.

A thought of Sinb never even crossed to her mind again. She just kept on doing what she feels like doing, completely forgetting that she has a missing grand daughter.

-----

"Come on Sinb" Yuju tried to convince Sinb

"No, I'm not going to eat that. I've been eating only porridge yesterday and now still porridge for breakfast, and another porridge for lunch! Seriously, the doctor said I need soft diet not porridge diet"

"Stop complaining. You should atleast thank me that I refused to let the hospital give food for you since I wanna make it by myself for you"

"Fine. Thank you so much but nope, I'm not gonna eat that" Yuju's expression changed into something cold making Sinb nervous

"Are you gonna eat this or not? Remember, once you refused to taks this, I don't care if you're gonna starve to death" Sinb gulp when Yuju coldly said it to her.
Slowly, Sinb opened . Yuju smiled and happily feeds the kid. Sinb smirked in her mind seeing how Yuju's expression change so fast.

-----

Sowon handed money to the private investigator she hired as well as the stolen photo of Sinb.

"This kid lives in Andong. You must go there and find her house. You need to check if her halmeoni is there. That's all you have to do, nothing more. When you find everything I asked you, inform me then meet me so I could give you additional payment" the man took the money and the photo.

"Give me two days to do my job" Sowon nods. The private investigator then gets out of Sowon's car and left like nothing happened.
Sowon took a deep breath.


The investigator sticks with his words. In just a day and half, he was able to get the information Sowon needed. After giving the additional payment, the private investigator closed his job with Sowon.

Inside her room, Sowon reads the information with a victorous smile in her face.

"And now, it's time to tell Yuju about this"

-----

Yuju is busy doing her job inside the faculty office when she felt a tap on her shoulder. It's Jiho.

"Sowon's here. She said she wants to talk to you" Jiho giggled and moves closer to Yuju
"Is she going to propose to you? Aigoo" Yuju sigh.

"Can you call her to get in here? I don't feel like going out of this office" Jiho chuckled

"You're no fun, Yuju" Jiho said then went out of the faculty office to call Sowon.

Yuju proceeds to her work and even if she already can sense the presense of Sowon standing beside her, she decided not to leave her work just to take even just a glance on her girlfriend.
Sowon chuckled

"Yuju, are you not going to greet me? Give a kiss on my cheek and give me a bright smile?" Yuju sigh

"Why would I do that? After what you did to my daughter do you think I'll be happy to see you?" Yuju coldly said, still not giving a glance at Sowon.

"I'm sorry"

"I'll accept your apology if you replace Sinb from suffering in pain at the hospital"

"You know I can't do that"

"And you know I can't forgive you just like that" Yuju didn't took time to fire back. Sowon sigh

"Okay, I never win against you. But that's actually not what I came here" Sowon put the invelope in Yuju's desk.
"I have a good news for you. Sinb's grandmother is now back in their house!" Sowon happily informed. Yuju stopped what she's doing after hearing that news from Sowon.
"Sinb can go home now, I'm sure she already really missed her halmeoni" Yuju went silent.

-----

"It's not pleasant to see you with that face as soon as you come in here. Are you bothered taking care of me here at the hospital every after work?" Sinb whine when she noticed Yuju who's not on mood as soon as she arrived.

Yuju let out a sigh

"I'm just tired" Yuju occupied the little space in Sinb's bed to lay beside the kid. They were both sharing the same pillow and Sinb could feel Yuju's breath that touches her cheek. Yuju wrap her arm to cuddle with the kid tightly, her mind in a mess for what Sowon just informed her earlier as well as the information Sowon presented to her that proves about the reapperance of Sinb's grand mother in their house in Andong.

"You're gonna allow me to do this, right?" Yuju asked. Sinb hummed in response. The kid can feel slight pain in her hips due to Yuju's grip but she'll keep it by herself. She don't want Yuju to let go from cuddling her since she's already loving the warmth and the scent of Yuju.
"Hurry up and be completely healed baby. I have a surprise for you as soon as you gets out from this hospital" Yuju tried to sound happy


"I think I should really hurry up then. I'm excited to see that surprise" Yuju let out a bitter smile that is left unnoticed by Sinb.

-----

Weeks after, the hospital was able to release Sinb out since she's getting so much better. Excited to know what Yuju's surprise is, Sinb immediately remind Yuju about it just in case Yuju forgots. Outside the hospital, Sinb's mood gets a bit down when she saw Sowon waiting for them.

"I haven't forgiven her yet for what she did to you, but I think she's trying to make up things now" Sinb rolled her eyes.

"I just hope she won't ruin your surprise for me"

"I don't think she will" Sinb shrugged.

Sowon opened the car door for the two to hop in before she went to the driver's seat and start driving off her way to Andong.

Sinb's clothes were all packed and was put into the compartment without the kid knowing. She doesn't have any idea what's going to happen that day. During the long hours of travel, Sinb cuddled with Yuju on the backseat, not to tease Sowon but she just felt really tired and wants to sleep. Yuju just returned the gesture to the kid and even caress her hair slowly.

-----

Sinb's grandmother just finished having some fresh shower. She opened her closet to pick her clothes for the day til she spot an unfamiliar book. She took it and opened it's first page. Her lips curved into smile when she realized it is a photo album that shows the growth of her grand daughter. She can't take away that smile in her face when she saw that lovely photo of Sinb when she was just a kid. She turns the pages until she comes to the end of the album.

Photos of Sinb were presently precious into that album, but unnoticed to Sinb's grandmother, photos of Sinb that shows her teenage figure were now long gone. Sinb's grandmother even totally forgot that Sinb is already in her late teenage years. And if not because of that album, she wouldn't be reminded that she still has a missing granddaughter.

"Where did this kid go now?" She painfully asked and shed some tears

-----

"We're here" Sowon announced after stopping the car. Yuju then lightly wake Sinb up.

"Why are we here?" Sinb asked when she noticed the place they were in. Sowon's car is now in front of her house.
Yuju signalled her to get out of the car and the kid obeyed, still thinking about the surprise.

"This is my surprise, Sinb-ah" Sinb frowns

-----

Sinb's grandmother is like mourning as she keeps on crying while hugging the album. But after she heard a car's door being opened then closed from outside of her house, she went to the window to check.

She slowly headed her way outside to meet those people who came thinking that they may need something from her.

-----

"What are talking about?" Yuju bents down to be on the same level as Sinb. She was about to say that Sinb's halmeoni is already home but before she did, an old lady went out of the house and calls for their attention. Sinb's eyes wided when she saw her halmeoni.
"Halmeoni!" Sinb shouted in joy. The old lady frowns the opened the album she's still holding, comparing Sinb from the photo and the kid standing few distance from her.

"Sinb? Is that you dear?" Sinb run towards her halmeoni and hugged her tightly. She was happy that her grand mother was already able to recognize her. After the tight hug, Sinb turn to look at Yuju.

"So this is your surprise? Halmeoni is home! Finally, halmeoni is home!!" Sinb is jumping in joy til realization hits her.
"Wait, halmeoni is....home? So that means..." Yuju let out a bitter smile.
"You're leaving me behind?" Yuju cleared to stop herself from crying.

"I promised to you, right? I'll come to visit you when I can" no matter how hard Yuju tried to cover herself from crying, the tears that are already forming at the edge of her eyes are becoming visible.

"C-can you stay here? Even just for a night? I think it's too sudden to say goodbye now...I'm not even prepared" Yuju wants to reply but Sowon did before her

"Sorry, kid. But Yuju still has a job to do tomorrow. It's not like she can sacrifice kids over a kid, right?" Sowon said as she took out the luggage that contains Sinb's clothes out from the compartment. Sinb can see through Sowon's eyes that she's happy for what was going, and the smirk in her face says it all.
"Okay, all done. We need to go now, Yuju" Sowon said after taking out all of Sinb's things.

"Can I have a hug before I leave?" Yuju spreads her arms wide open. Sinb never hesitated to respond as she run to have that tight hug from Yuju.
"Be well here baby. I'm going miss you... mommy is going to miss you my baby"

"I love you" Sinb said it. Yuju respond to it by kissing the kid's forehead.

"I've put my calling card inside the luggage. If you need anything, don't hesitate to call me" Sinb nods. Yuju landed another kiss to Sinb's forehead again before finally letting go of the kid and hop in to Sowon's car.

Sowon started the engine and right before she drives off, she looked at Sinb then smirked.

Sinb followed her eyes to the car and when it gets out of her vision, that's the moment she let her tears fall.