Orphanage's photo

Baby Sinb

Sinb keeps on stealing glances at the girl sitting just a few inches from her, Yuju on the other hand makes sure to focus herself on the road while driving all the way to Sinb's chosen university.

"Are you also taking up business management?" Yuju asked but her eyes on the road. Sinb shook her head as if Yuju can see her

"That was before when I'm in Andong. But now I decided to shift course" Yuju nod

"Mind to tell me your new chosen course?"

"Education. I wanna teach kids too. Just like you" Sinb warmly said. Yuju stopped her car as the red light appears at the intersection area, she took this a chance to look at Sinb.

"You knew that I'm a teacher?" Sinb nod

"Eunha told me" Sinb lied. Yuju sigh and turn her gaze back on the road.
"I know you have a lot of free time nowadays since it's spring break." Sinb tried to keep the conversation going. Red light turns to green and Yuju proceed in driving

"Although it's spring break, me and the other teachers still need to go to our workplace. There are things that we need to prepare before the new school year starts, like forms, since we'll be having new sets of students" Sinb nod

"You seem workaholic. You love your job, do you?" Yuju sigh

"I love my students. I want them to learn to be the best and never stop trying. Yet, there's this one kid who makes me love my students more" Sinb smiled. She knew Yuju is referring to her.
"It was fun. The smiles and the positive vibes" Yuju shared while reminiscing her moments of playing with her students as well as when she's playing with her baby at home.
"But it feels like everything are all taken back away from me at the end. They all leave" Yuju sadly continued.
"And that's one thing I hated the most; to be left behind"

Sinb stared at Yuju and she can see the sadness in Yuju's eyes. Sinb knew Yuju is not only referring to her students, but also to those close to her who left. And Sinb knew that she's one of those people who left Yuju, and she felt guilty for hurting the girl.

"I think I shouldn't have loved too much, so that I wouldn't be in too much pain the moment they leave"

"I'm sorry" Sinb said with all her heart. Yuju smiled

'But I'm here now Yuju'

-----

Right after Sinb's enrollment. Yuju treats her for an early dinner before sending Sinb back to new home.

"Just update Eunha about today if she ever asked you. I'll go ahead now" Sinb smiled and bowed at Yuju. Yuju smiled back at her before driving away from the place.

-----

Jiho is at the living room of her parents house. She accessed to her social account and just kept on scrolling while checking the photos posted by her online friends. It was one of her hobby. But something suddently caught her eyes. She stopped in that photo and a particular figure makes her even more curious. She zoomed in the photo to check the figure even more.

"Sinb?" She said when the kid exactly looks like Yuju's daughter.

The photo is posted by Jiho's online friend, Lisa, who happened to be a young care taker of an orphanage. The photo appeared to be Lisa standing in the middle of all the kids in that orphanage, and Jiho is curious of how Yuju's daughter seem to be included there.

"Yuju's daughter is dead. I'm sure with that since I was at the burial." Jiho said to herself.
"But what if the photo is taken way back before Yuju met her daughter?" Jiho frown  "I need to find this out soon" Jiho said, determined. Then she takes note of the orphange's name and location.

-----

Eunha put down her phone at the dining table then drinks a glass of water. After that, she headed back to her room. Minutes later, Sinb appeared to use the bathroom. She saw Eunha's phone left at the table. She rolled her eyes that the girl is back to her forgetting tactic again. She took the phone and is about to give it back to Eunha when an idea suddenly pops in her mind. She sheepishly smiled and opens the phone. There's no password nor pin, so the access was easy.

She took out her own phone and copied Yuju's number. After that, she kept her phone and returned Eunha's phones like nothing happened.

'This is why I like being me. I'm too brilliant. Omo, I love myself!' She self praised in her mind

-----

Yuju is folding her newly washed clothes from the laundy when her phone rang. She frown when the call came from an unknown number, but she picked up anyway.

"Who's this?"

"Yuju, it's me. Sinb"

"Oh, Sinb-ah. Why did you call?" Yuju asked.

Sinb on the other hand, she don't know what to say. She called Yuju without any exact reason. She just want to talk with the girl.

"H-have you eaten?"

"We ate dinner together earlier, right?" Sinb slapped herself in mind

"Y-yeah. I forgot. Hehe"

"So? Why did you call? Is there a problem?"

"Uhh... uhmm... Eunha!" Yuju raised a brow, as if Sinb can see her

"Eunha?"

"T-tommorow. Have breakfast with us tomorrow......please?" Sinb cutely asked. Yuju chuckled

"Fine. I don't feel like cooking tomorrow. I'll be there at 7 then"

"7? Why so early?"

"Breakfast tend to be done in the morning, right?"

"Ah yeah.. hehe"

"Okay then. I'll hang up now. Bye Sinb"

"Bye Yuju" Yuju smiled and is about to remove her phone from her ears but..
"....mommy" Sinb said then hangs up. Yuju froze. She kept the phone in contact in her ears

'Did I heard it right?' Yuju asked herself
'Am I dreaming again?' Without noticing it, tears rolls down her eyes. She's crying again.

-----

Sinb is smiling and placed her phone on her chest where her heart is.

'She's coming' Sinb giggled on bed.

"I should cook. It needs to be delicious" Sinb thinks of a food to cook when she remembered the last breakfast she cooked for Yuju when she's still in her kid's form.
"If I cook the same dish with the same taste, will she remember me?" Sinb sadly asked herself.

"I must try" she said, determined.

-----

That night, Jiho packed her needs into her bag. She needs to go to the orphanage where she find that Yuju's daughter look-alike. She needs to find the answers to her curiousity.

"For the sake of Yuju, I'll do this" Jiho said to herself before zipping her bag. She took a deep breath.
"Something's wrong here. And I need to find it out soon"