Could be a family

Baby Sinb

Sowon takes Yuju back in her home at it was already very late. Sowon was about to say goodbye to Yuju but her girlfriend already rushed out of the car then headed her way inside her house without saying anything. Sowon sigh and drives her away.

Yuju went straight to the bedroom and lay down on bed. In her bedside table, she saw the story book Sinb asked her to buy. Sinb never opened that book so she guess the kid don't like it and just asked her to buy it to take Yuju from Sowon that day. Yuju chuckled

"She has her ways" Yuju's tears that she's been holding in started to flow out of her eyes. She missed her already. She keeps on wiping her tears but it just won't stop falling, so she gave up and just let it be.

She grab a pillow and hugged it tightly, she closes her eyes and imagining that the pillow is Sinb, she then started to sing the usual lullaby she always sing for Sinb to sleep.


Sinb on the other hand, is lying in her bed which is on the floor. She was facing the blank ceiling while thinking about Yuju.

"I guess I'm not going to hear a lullaby for tonight" she let out a sigh. She closes her eyes and start humming Yuju's lullaby that becomes so familiar to her after hearing it for almost every night with Yuju in her side.


Yuju singing it and Sinb humming it. They may be away but the thing they're doing is the same with the same time, same feeling of sadness, and same thoughts. After the song, both girls then drifted to dreamland wherein they meet and are always together.. but of course, it's just a dream.

-----

"Halmeoni, what do we have for breakfast?" Sinb asked while rubbing her eyes then do some stretching.

"It's on the table. I'm done eating so all remaining foods there are yours" her grandmother answered while hanging the laundry sheets in their small backyard. Sinb nods and headed to their living room wherein their small table for eating is located. She saw a bowl covered with a plate so she guessed it's her food, and as soon as she opened it she smirked as she already expected what it is.

"As usual to halmeoni, green leaves for breakfast" she said and start eating her vegetarian breakfast. While eating, she keeps her eyes to her grandmother who's not yet done hanging the laundry sheets as well as some clothes. But one thing caught her eye, it was her jumper pants when she was still in her teenage self.


"That used to be my favorite but now that I have this kid appearance, who's gonna wear that then" Sinb's attention was grab when she heard a continuous loud dry cough from her grand mother. Worried, Sinb hurriedly took water and gave it to her grand mother, she even rub halmeoni's back, but it was no help at all. The coughing stopped when blood comes out from . Sinb's eyes wided and starts shouting for help. Her farmer neighbors heard her and quickly rushed to where they are. They carried Sinb's grand mother and brings to the nearest hospital.

-----

Yuju locks the door of her house after going out to go to work, but before she could get into her car, she saw Sowon waiting for her.

"Hop in to my car, I'll bring you to your workplace"

"I'll just drive all the way there by myself" Yuju refused Sowon's offer

"Come on, I went all the way here for you. You should atleas--"

"I never asked you. So please, leave now. I'm not on mood to be with you" Yuju coldly said and hop into her own car. Sowon can't do anything but to only watch Yuju as she leaves the place. Sowon let out a sigh.

-----

"Are you aware that your halmeoni is sick?" Sinb nods to the doctor

"It's because she's getting older. I'm aware that she's feeling something bad but she never told me about her real sickness. Would you mind to tell me what it is?" the doctor sigh

"Where's your parents? May I talk to them?"

"No. Only me and halmeoni are living together" the doctor's expression changed

"Are you aware that this hospital is not for free?"

"I know. But just please do your best for my halmeoni. I promise, I'll pay everything and buy all her needed medicines"

"And how are you supposed to do that?"

"I'll find a job. I'll do whatever it takes"

"You're just a kid" Sinb froze as reality hits her with that. The doctor is right. She's just a kid. How is she supposed to find a job with that appearance? Sinb was in her deep thoughts when a nurse rushed in their way to call the doctor due to another emergency. The doctor excused himself from Sinb before leaving to do his job.

"How can I turn back to my real self?....I don't even know how I turned out to be like this..." Sinb deeply sigh

'I've put my calling card inside the luggage. If you need anything, don't hesitate to call me' Sinb remembered. She got enlighten then runs out of the hospital to go back home.

She took the luggage and opened it. There, she saw Yuju's calling card. She fastly grab it and dialled Yuju's number using their old telephone at home.

-----

Yuju is standng in front of the class while looking at her students who were seriously answering the quiz she gave to them. She felt her phone continuously vibrating inside her pocket so she took it out to look. She went out of her classroom and answered the call.

"Who's this?"

"Hey, it's Sinb" Yuju can't help to smile when she heard her voice again, but she remembered, she still has her class.

"Baby, I really wanted to talk to you but I still have my class. Can we just talk later?"

"No, listen to me first. This is an emergency. You said when I need something I'll just call you right? I need you now" Yuju frown

"What happened?"

"Halmeoni is sent to the hospital this morning. I...I can't afford her needs. I mean, the hospital is not for free and I can't even find a job... I'm just a kid"

"Where are you now?"

"At home"

"Wait for me there. I'm coming"

"How about your class?"

"Don't think about it, okay? I'm hanging up now" Yuju hangs up then she hurriedly runs the the faculty office and ask anyone who's available to handle her class for the mean time while she's out for an emergency.

-----

After hours of waiting outside her house, Sinb finally saw Yuju's car coming.
When the car stopped in front of the house, Sinb stood up from the little stool she sits on.

"Why did you wait outside?" Yuju asked but Sinb didn't reply, she just gets in to Yuju's car.

"I'm going to tell you where the hospital is. It's just actually really near from here but we can still use your car to get there" Yuju nods and started to drive while following Sinb's direction.

-----

Sowon arrived to the school where Yuju is working. She headed straight to the faculty office and when she saw that Yuju is not on her desk, she went closer to Jiho.

"Hey, Jiho"

"Oh hey Sowon! You're here" Jiho smiled

"Yeah, but where's Yuju?"

"She left hours ago. She said there's an emergency she need to take care of" Sowon frown

"What was it?" Jiho shrugged

"I don't know" Sowon sigh. She bid goodbye to Jiho and headed her way to Yuju's house.

-----

Sinb is sitting next to the bed of her sleeping halmeoni then seconds later, Yuju came inside the ward. Yuju took a sit beside the kid and caress Sinb's hair.

"I've already talked to the doctor. Don't worry, I already told him that I'll take care of everything including grandmom's bill as long as he'll do his job perfectly" Sinb felt relieved and thankful with Yuju's presense

"Thank you so much. How can I even repay you?" Yuju chuckled

"Don't think about it baby. It's nothing"

"So when will you go back to seoul?"

"Maybe when grandmom is released out from the hospital."

"And your job?"

"I'll take care of it, so don't worry" Sinb smiled. She stood off the chair then climbed to sit on Yuju's lap. Yuju chuckled and wrap her arms to the kid's body tightly.
"I miss you baby"

"Me too. And as much as I want halmeoni to be finally released out of the hospital, I also don't want you to leave"

"I also felt the same way before when it's you who's in the hospital back in seoul" Sinb chuckled. Silence filled the ward for a moment til Yuju came up with an idea.
"Sinb, there's only you and grandmom in your home, right?" Sinb nod
"So it means, it's only you who's gonna take care of her"

"Yeah, that's how it is"

"If that's the case, then... do you want to come with me? I mean, me, you, and grandmom could live together and be a family. I can also buy a bigger house that could cater the three of us. Coz as you know, my current has only one bedroom" Sinb gave Yuju a surprise look

"Are you serious?"

"I am. And I was thinking, what if grandmom will be sent to the hospital again because of another emergency. Of course, it needs an immediate action, but the way from seoul to here takes hours. It'll take longer time for me to arrive, so I think it'll be better if were closer together"

"I love that. I'm so loving that!" Sinb replied with her voice full of joy.

"I love that too" both Sinb and Yuju turn their head to look at Sinb's grandmother who just spoke.

"So you're awake?" Sinb surprisingly asked

"I'm so awake and enjoyed the offer I heard from this beautiful lady so much" Sinb's grandmother laughed making both Yuju and Sinb along.
"Hurry up Sinb dear, go home and start packing!"

"Aye aye ma'am" Sinb cutely salutes