"I lost my baby"

Baby Sinb

Even without filing, the school's staffs still decided to give Yuju a break of consideration. They knew that Yuju had never been so attached to someone, especially to a kid, but Sinb was an exeption. And they understood that Yuju is still suffering with her loss. Temporarily, the vice principal offered to handle Yuju's class for a while.

"Bye teacher!" Yerin bid goodbye to Jiho.

Jiho smiled and waved her hand before getting in her car. Before she could start the engine, she heard a knock from her car's window. When she turned her head to look, it's Yerin and Umji standing side by side. Jiho opened the window of her car.

"What is it, girls?"

"Are you going to monster teacher's house?" Umji elbowed Yerin for addressing Yuju as monster teacher. Jiho smiled.

"Why? Do you have something to tell her?" Yerin shook her head. She grab a pencil out from her pocket and handed it to Jiho.

"I borrowed it from Sinb. I wanna return this to her but she's in heaven now."

"So you want me to give this to Yuju instead?" Yerin nod. Jiho accepted the pencil.
"Okay then. I'll give this to her"

"Thank you, teacher" Yerin bowed as well as Umji then they left. Jiho can't stop smiling with the two kids. She sigh and started the engine of her car, then left.

She straightly headed to Yuju's place. It's been 3 days after the burial of the kid and Jiho knew far too well that Yuju is still not on her right mind after the death of Sinb.

When she arrived at the place, just by the outside she already can hear the too loud noise coming from the television. She didn't bother to knock the door and just get into the house like as if it was her own. She knew that Yuju will never open the door for her no matter how much she knock.

The smell of alcohol sorrounds the whole living room. Bottles are at mess on the floor. Yuju is also not there so Jiho decided to turn off the tv since nobody's watching. She headed to the kitchen but Yuju is still not there. Jiho frown.

"Where is she?" She asked herself. Jiho went to Yuju's bedroom and she almost faint at the sight. Yuju is sitting on the floor at the edge of her room, obviously drunk, and she's holding a broken bottle. Her gaze switch from her wrist to the bottle.

Jiho guessed that maybe Yuju is thinking of killing herself in that moment. She hurriedly run towards Yuju and quickly steals the broken bottle away from Yuju.

"What are you thinking?!"

"Hi Jiho!" Yuju greets with annoying smile. Jiho grab both Yuju's shoulder and forcefully pulled the girl up.

"Are you trying to kill yourself?! Get back to your senses Yuju, that won't change a thing! You crazy monster!" Jiho scolded. She can't blame herself for scolding a drunk girl, because she's just dragged with her emotions. Yuju worried her too much.

Yuju let out a painful laugh making Jiho irritate and pushed her body hard to fall on bed.

"You better sleep than do crazy things!" Yuju slowly sits up on her bed and fixed her hair.

"Am I worse?" Yuju suddenly asked. Jiho frown with the sudden serious voice
"Of course I am!" Yuju laughed but tears are flowing out from her eyes.
"I am the worst! My baby asked me to spend that one last day she begged to have for me, she pleads to sleep with me for that one last night, she pleads to have that one last hug..but I failed to give it all to her." Yuju cried even more. This time, she's not letting out a painful laugh
"If only I knew this could happen, I could have just keep her here. I could have just hired a lawyer for us... but it's too late now" Jiho remained silent.

"I lost my baby... I lost my baby, Jiho-ah. My precious baby" for all those days that Jiho have been checking out for Yuju, she've heard almost the same thing over and over again. But she never find herself getting tired of Yuju's words. The pain is still fresh in Yuju's heart, and moving on won't be easy.

"Sinb won't like it if she sees you like that" Jiho said the same thing she's been telling Yuju these past few days.

-----

At night when everyone is falling asleep,
I’m sitting alone
I’m still awake
Holding onto a day that has passed


Am I waiting someone?
Or do I have something to do?
If it’s not, then do I think of the place
That I want to go back to?


That sweet voice that never failed to make her fall asleep. A sweet voice matched with a sweet song just makes her every night a perfect moment to rest as it releases all the stress and worries out of her mind.

If I lie down on your knee
Brush my hair
Like when I was young

If I fall asleep lightly from your nice touch
Just let me stay for a moment
Don’t wake me up,
I’m going to sleep tight


She won't ever get tired listening to this song. It's just sweet and peaceful to her ears. No matter how many times the song is going to be sang, she won't get sick of it as long as it came from the same sweet voice.

I think I’m tired,
I’ve held on long enough
I wish there was a shortcut
To get back to you~~~


Suddenly, the music stops. No... she wants to hear more. She waits, hoping that the song will play again but there's none.

She wants to know why it stopped. She better need to ask that person again to sing the song one more time. Slowly, she opened her eyes. Total silence greets her. No one is also lying beside her.

"Where am I?" She asked herself.

 

 

 

--------------------

[The song is Knee by IU]