Same roof

Baby Sinb

It's early morning, it should be bright outside  but due to the heavy rainfall, the sorroundings were dark.

"You said you'll bring me home today! Stand up!"

"Early in the morning, why are you so loud?" Yuju, who's sitting at the couch, said while stretching as she just woke up

"It's because I'm in a hurry. You should hurry up and send me home now! I'm sure halmeoni is waiting for me" Yuju chuckled

"My mornings are always annoying" Yuju said as she stood up to do her morning rituals

-----

Eunha is inside her rental home, taking 3 steps forward and back while deeply thinking of where Sinb have gone.

"She said she's going to halmeoni. I'm sure that's the last thing I remembered she told me..."

"And now, she suddenly went missing. Halmeoni is so worried of her and I don't have any idea where she've been"  She hit her forehead.

"Aish! This is giving me headache!"

-----

Yuju calmly drives all the way to Andong to send Sinb to her home. Even if Sinb keeps on telling her to drive fast, Yuju knew that the road is slippery because it's raining and she don't want to risk her life just because of the annoyingly loud kid.

Just as they reach Andong, the rain is not as heavy as it is in Seoul. Sinb leads the way to her house and Yuju, who's still unfamiliar to the place, listens to every instruction the kid gives as well as hoping to see her sister somewhere on that place.

"Is that your house already?" Yuju asked while pointing at the small house that is visible just a few meters away.

"No! I told you to turn left! Follow my words!" Sinb shouted which annoys Yuju

"I already did!!"

"Turn left again!" Yuju stopped her car.

"Are you crazy?! Can't you see that the little road here is just going straight?!"

"Just turn left! I don't care if those plants will die. I planted it with halmeoni anyway!" Yuju let out a frustrated sigh

"I'm not gonna take responsibility with those plants. Mind that!" Yuju did turn left. She runs her car through alot of plants, destroying it but she didn't care about it as it is said by Sinb that she planted it.

"That's it! That's my house!" Yuju rolled her eyes and stopped just right beside the house Sinb pointed. Without any word, Sinb jumps out of the car and runs inside the house only to find it empty.

"Halmeoni! I'm home!" Sinb shouted.
"Halmeoni!!" She shouted again and checks her grand mom's room. She noticed that the  closet is slightly opened so she went closer to check it out. She dropped her jaw when it's empty.
"Where did she go?" She whispered to herself.

-----

"Are you enjoying yourself, halmeoni?" A married woman and owner of the sauna ask Sinb's grand mother who's relaxing in the sauna baththub.

"Yes, it's amazing!" The married woman smiled brightly then left after putting 3 towels for Sinb's grand mother to use.
"I'm sure Sinb's doing fine by her own. She's way too independent in her own ways" She laughed
"Oh my, I felt so young" she said and closed her eyes to take a short nap while having the relaxing bath.

-----

"So what now?" Sinb asked, breaking the silence between her and Yuju who's driving back.

"I don't even know what to do with you. So I don't know" Sinb rolled her eyes
"Just where are your parents?"

"They left me to my halmeoni's care since I was 5"

"And now she's missing" Sinb sigh

"Can we look for her?"

"I'm not gonna do that. You're already lucky enough that my classes are also suspended today and I think on the next day too due to heavy rains so I was able to accompany you here" Sinb let out another sigh and the atmosphere inside the car went silent again.

'I'm not even allowed to stay with Eunha or else her land lady is gonna kicked her out'

Not too long after, Yuju stopped her car infront of the orphanage.

"What are we doing here?" Sinb asked

"It's better if I leave you here. I mean, I can't take you home" Sinb's eyes wided

"What?! Are you crazy?! So after bumping me with your car you're not gonna take responsibility of me?!"

"Correction, I didn't bump you, you just fainted right in front of my car! And I'm not crazy!"

"But still! You have to be responsible with me!"

"It'll be fine if you have manners with you, but heck! You're too disrespectful!"

"Whatever!! Just don't leave me here in this orphanage!" Yuju annoyingly slam both hands on the steering wheel.
"I'm gonna clean your house, wash the dishes, wash, iron and fold your clothes, and even clean your car if needed!"

"You'll do that?" Yuju asked, half amazed if the kid can really do such tasks in very young age.

"Whatever just so I won't be useless! Happy!?" Yuju sigh

"Fine. You'll do those chores, and in exchange, I'll let you stay in my place"

"And you'll help me look for my halmeoni"

"Why would I do that?"

"Oh come on! I hate you as much as you hate me! So help me find my halmeoni and we'll then be separated far away from each other! Fair enough" Yuju rolled her eyes and started the engine of her car. Sinb smirked.

-----

First day of living with Yuju is totally like a disaster to Sinb. She's happy that Yuju is a neat person that she don't have to clean the house for that day as it was already super clean as well as all the dishes, but one thing  broke her good vibes. She never expected Yuju to have a lot of unwashed clothes stock inside her laundry room.

"My washing machine broke 2 weeks ago and I was unable to buy a new one since I'm busy with my work as a teacher in school. But the drying machine is still working though." Just by looking at the clothes, Sinb already felt tired.
"Don't worry, I'll buy a new one today as we also buy some new clothes for you."

"You'll buy clothes for me?" Sinb got enlighten.

"I'm not gonna let you wear my clothes again like what you did now. It looks so uncomfortable to you since you're a kid" Sinb gets annoyed for being called a kid when literally, she really looks like a kid.
"Start washing now, I bet you know how to wash clothes with your hands since I didn't see any washing machine at your home" Yuju left without any sign of worries nor guilt towards the kid Sinb.

Unfortunately, it took her long hours before she finally finished washing and drying all the clothes. But she still need to iron and fold it so she just decided to do it for tomorrow since it's getting late.

She was self-massaging her tired shoulder when she met Yuju reading something from the living room.

"I'm done" Sinb said and sits down the couch a few distance away from Yuju

"Do you know how to cook?"

"Yeah, why?"

"Cook for dinner. Now"

"Seriously?! Do I still have to do it?! I'm tired!"

"Just joking, kid. There's food on the dining table. You can eat now then come back here when you're done. You still need to try the clothes I bought to see if it fits to you"

"You already bought?"

"I left the house while you're enjoying washing my clothes" Sinb rolled her eyes

"How about the washing machine?"

"It'll be delivered here tomorrow. Don't worry" Sinb nods and stood up to go to the dining area. She's already hungry as hell.
"Hey, you know what, you don't seem like a kid to me" Yuju said mockingly. Sinb chuckled.

'Because I'm not really am' Sinb thought.

-----

"Yeah! Woaaahhh!!" Sinb's grand mother takes a glass of soju and drinks it in one gulp. After the sauna, she's there alone inside a room in noraebang to sing her favorite songs while having a bottle of soju to drink and enjoying herself.

"Oh my, life away from Sinb for a moment seems so fun! I feel so young again!" She shouted into the microphone she's holding then proceeds into singing again.