More precious

Baby Sinb

Two weeks have passed and Yuju's relation with Sinb gets worsen. The kid is still avoiding Yuju no matter how much Yuju tries to make it up to her. But Yuju never stopped. She loves her daughter too much that she never find herself annoyed with Sinb's attitude longer. She never gets tired forgiving Sinb and is willing to do more just for the kid, which is something she never did before, not even to Eunha nor to Sowon. Yuju must admit, she loves Sinb more than the other people who were close to her, even more than Sowon. But considering the fact that Sinb is just a kid (in her eyes), she knew that Sinb couldn't be more than a daughter to her. It would be a huge sin if she ever find herself falling inlove with the kid; Yuju still has a huge sense of her own sanity.

That night, Sowon's mom scheduled a dinner at Yuju's home. The lady wants to meet Yuju's adopted family and Yuju couldn't say no since she knew Sowon's mom far too well. Just like Sowon, the lady is quiet possesive on things she wants.

"Halmeomi and I went to shopping weeks ago...." Sowon happily shared to her mom her moments with Sinb's grand mother. Sowon's mom is attentively listening while Sinb's grand mother is smiling so bright. On the other hand, Yuju is bored while Sinb purposely makes herself busy with her food.  Both are not even interested to whatever Sowon is saying.

"Want me to chop this for you?" Yuju offered to help Sinb chop her steak.

"No thanks, I can do it"

"But you seem to be having a hard time chopping it"

"But I'm having fun"

"Okay then" Yuju shrugged.

"So your name is Sinb, right?" Both Yuju and Sinb looked at Sowon's mom who's smiling at the kid. Sinb nods
"You're pretty. Prettier than I expected"

"No need to remind me. I already knew how gorgeous I am ever since I existed in this world" Sinb smirked with her reply. Sowon's mom is slightly shocked while Sowon and Sinb's grand mother frown with the kid's rudeness. But on contrast, Yuju liked Sinb's answer. She's silently laughing in her mind.

'Great baby'

"You're confident. That's nice" Sowon's mom faked a laugh to hide her disappointment but Yuju can see it clearly. Sinb just resume chopping her meat steak. Sowon's mom took a deep breath then lets out a strict look.

"Since we're already gathered here for Yuju and Sowon who's gonna marry soon, of course it's already given that Sinb will be having a huge impact on the couple's relationship since the kid is now the adopted daughter of Yuju and soon to be daughter of Sowon..." Sowon's mom started
"But I wanna make it straight to you kid.." Sinb frown and looked at Sowon's mom curiously
"I don't like you" she added with strict and a bit of disgust in her voice.
"I'm sorry to Sinb's halmeoni. She's been good to my daughter but I just really don't like Sinb"

"It's okay. I can't blame you" Sinb's grandmother calmly said which earn a smile from Sowon.

"When Sowon and Yuju are already married, the kid is going to live with them. And I don't want a kid who seems to be disrespectful to be the daughter of my only child." Sowon's mom explained
"Well, I haven't quiet seen alot of disrespectful doings from you but knowing the fact that Yuju cancelled the supposed wedding day because of you, I already knew that you're a thing to be hated. Isn't it disrespectful to ask your adoptive mom not to marry the person she loves? I mean, I'm sure Yuju didn't adopt you to stop her from having her own family and happiness"

"I admit, I asked Yuj--mom not to marry Sowon. But I never ask her to cancel the supposed wedding."

"You talk less to Yuju and make yourself distant from her. Isn't it an act of rebellion? It's another way of telling Yuju that she shouldn't be marrying my daughter, Sowon"

"It's not rebellion! I did it because I knew Yuju will give her full time being a perfect wife to Sowon once they get married so I tried to adjust while it's still early!" Sinb defended herself from the too straight forward lady who is the mother of Sowon.

"And you even raise your voice to me who is your elderly." Sowon's mom put her glare to Yuju.
"How can you keep this kind of kid, Yuju? You're an elementary teacher so you must know how to discipline kids like Sinb. Did you spoil her? Is this how irresponsible you could be as a parent?" Sinb clench her fist and slam the table

"Don't you dare say that to her!"

"Sinb shut up!" Sinb's grandmother scolded

"Why would I, halmeoni? This ugly lady here is saying bad things about Yuj---mom!"

"She's just stating what is true. You are truly disrespectful, and Yuju is too irresponsible for making you like that" Sinb chuckled

"Let me remind you halmeoni, I grew with you. You raised me first before Yuju came into our life. So if I ever had this hateful attitude, it's you to be blame and not Yuju!"

"If you're not gonna say something nice just shut up Sinb!" Sowon shouted to the kid. Sinb clench her fist even more. Now 3 people are against her.

"Let's cut this off! Let's just stop this damn!" Sowon's mom said with stressed voice. She looked at Yuju seriously.
"Yuju, I'll be the happiest mom the moment you and my daughter gets married but please, please, please... I can't accept this kid. Once you're married with Sowon, the two of you are going to live together in a new home and I'm not gonna allow you to bring this kid! This kid is not welcomed to my family, and I won't welcome her to join Sowon's soon-to-be-own family too! Tha halmeoni is fine for me, but this kid, I'm sorry but it's a big NO!" That hurted Yuju. How can she even dare to leave Sinb behind?

"B-but.."

"That's final, Yuju! That's final! This kid is not allowed to join the family!"

"I can't leave my daughter behind"

"You have to listen to me Yuju!" Yuju is about to answer but Sinb went off the chair and left. Yuju tried to call for the kid's attention but Sinb never looked back as she walks away. This makes Yuju deeply sigh.

"The two of you, please, leave my house now"

"You cannot kick them away. The dinner is not yet done" Sinb's grandmother said

"I don't care" Yuju stood up and glared at the three people
"I don't know why you're so against Sinb. First of, I cancelled the supposed wedding day in my own will so you shouldn't be putting my daughter on blame." Sowon gasp and looked down. She knew that Yuju have already reached her limits
"Second, to grandmom, please keep in your mind that Sinb is your grand daughter. Instead of sitting and smirking with the words of Sowon's mom, shouldn't you be mad that she's so against your own grand daughter?" Sinb's grandmother shook her head, disagreeing.
"And lastly, to Sowon's dear mom, you don't know my daughter that much yet. You don't know how precious she is. More precious than your daughter" Those words makes the three look at Yuju in shock.

"What do you mean?! Are you out of your mind, Yuju?!" Sinb's grandmother bursted out

"Just shut up grandmom and leave my house with those two now! If Sinb is not welcome for you then any of you are not welcome in my own life!" Yuju takes off the engagement ring and put it on the table.
"There'll be no wedding. I'm not marrying anyone." Yuju walk to follow wherever Sinb is, but Sowon held her wrist to stop her.

"Yuju we have to talk" Yuju harshly takes her hand away from Sowon

"No, I'm done here. And we're done" Yuju leaves

The three remaining girls was in silent. Sowon began crying, Sinb's grandmother is clenching her fist.

"I can't believe her" Sowon's mom said

-----

Yuju is looking for Sinb til she spots the kid sitting on the ground, hugging her both feet and burried her face on her knees. Yuju went to her and the closer she gets, the louder she can hear the sound of Sinb's cries; and it hurts her.

Yuju sits beside Sinb and wrap her arms around the kid.

"Shh... don't listen to them baby. As you said, they're ugly" Yuju can hear Sinb let out a chuckle

"Leave me alone"

"No, I'll stay here baby" Sinb left up her head to face Yuju
"Don't think about them, okay? To me, you matter more than anyone else"

"You shouldn't be saying that to me" Sinb said with a sign of fear in her voice.

"Why not, baby? I'm just telling you the truth" Sinb cried even more while shaking her head. Yuju attempted to wipe Sinb's tears but the kid push her hand away. Sinb is afraid that she might fall harder to Yuju if she ever recieve the kind treatment.

Sinb stood up and is about to walk away again but Yuju stopped her.

"Yuju stop it! Leave me alone"

"Baby, I can't. It hurts me to see you like that. I hate it! You don't deserve to cry just because of those unworthy people."

"Yuju you must know, I love you! I love you but you don't understand the whole real thing about this feeling and you will never understand! Then here comes the fact that you're marrying Sowon; plus everyone are against me so they're probably be taking me away from you! But you know what hurts the most? It's when I can't do anything about it aside from just loving you.... because I'm just a kid." Sinb's tears keeps on flowing and it's not stopping. Yuju inserted her hands to Sinb's armpits and secure the kid into her arms.

"Stop crying. I love you too, baby and we only have each others now" Sinb gave Yuju a curious look

"What do you mean?"

"There'll be no wedding" Sinb's eyes widened
"I would love to take care of you and see you grow rather than to become a perfect wifr of Sowon"

"Those that mean you love me more?"

"Am I making it sound so obvious?" Sinb bursted into tears again and hugged Yuju tightly. Yuju caress the kid's back and landed alot of kisses on Sinb's head.
"I love you, baby"

"I love you more than you could think of" Yuju chuckled.