Cold teacher

Baby Sinb

Yuju is living alone. But being workaholic as she is, she was never bored in her life. She's an elementary teacher handling 2nd grade students. She doesn't like kids. For her, it's the most annoying humans on earth. But because of the influence of her parents, she was forced to study and become an elementary teacher. Most of her students fears her due to her cold way of communicating and strict educating skills. They even often times address her as monster teacher. As much as the students hates her, parents loves her as they could see how much their sons and daughters improve because of Yuju.

That day, class was suspended due to the heavy rainfall. It was just actually bearable, but since they're teaching young children, the management chose to suspend the class. Teachers, who doesn't have a family of their own, wanted to spend that time to hang out together but Yuju refused to come with them. She went to her car and took a deep breath. She doesn't want to go home yet, and she also doesn't want to waste her time drinking with her co-workers. She let out a sigh as she started her engine. She thought of visiting her sister who's living far from her. It's been a while since she last visited her sister.

"She already moved somewhere else" that's what the landlord told Yuju as soon as she noticed that her sister's apartment was empty.

"Did you happen to know where she moved?"

"Well, I'm not really sure but I remembered she told me that she found a place to live in Andong"

"But I thought she hates to live in rural places"

"That's what I thought too. Well, everybody changes, they said" the landlord shrugged. Yuju let out a sigh before bowing to the man then left the place. Yuju stubbornly went to andong to find her sister even though she wasn't really sure with her location.

"She even changed her phone number. Tsk! that girl" Yuju murmured.

Evening turns to midnight. Giving up, Yuju drives back to go home. Just as when her mind is full of thoughts about her sister, Yuju noticed a kid running and is getting on her way.

*beeepppp!!!* Yuju horns then stop her car when the kid didn't move. She's sure she didn't bump the kid, but still, she panicked when the kid fell on the ground. She went out of her car and breaths in relief when there's still a huge gap between the kid and her car.

Yuju bents down then shake the kids body.

"Hey wake up. I didn't bump you" she continued to shake the kid's body but there's no response. Feeling responsible, Yuju carried the kid and carefully put at the passenger sit. Still unfamiliar with the place, Yuju decided to just bring the kid to the hospital in seoul.

-----

When Sinb woke up, she's already in someone else's bed.

*beeeppp!!!* Sinb remembered that event.

"Am I dead?" She roam her hands around her own body to check herself, then realize that she's still in her kid appearance.
"Even after death, I'm still a kid?"

"You're awake" she heard someone said.

Sinb turn her head and she got mesmerized with the beauty that her eyes in currently focusing on. The girl was holding a tray with a small bowl of porridge and a glass of water.
"I didn't bump you with my car, I was able to stop but then you fainted." Yuju explained before putting the tray on the bedside table. Sinb can't still take her eyes away from the girl.
"How are you feeling now?" Yuju asked and put a hand on Sinb's forehead to check her temperature. Sinb shivered with the girl's touch, and it even make slightly open.
"I already sent you to the hospital and the doctor told me that you'll be fine once you wake up" Sinb slightly nods her head.
"I prepared food for you. You must be hungry that's why you fainted" Yuju took the porridge then handed it to Sinb.
"I'm sure you can eat by your own. I don't need to feed you anymore" Sinb ignored what Yuju just said and didn't remove her eyes on her, until she noticed how her face turns into something cold and scary.
"Are you gonna take it or not?" Her voice was cold and scary making Sinb shiver then automatically reached for the porridge.

"You stay here for now. I'll just send you back to Andong as soon as tomorrow" Sinb slightly nod. She's still mesmerized with the beauty although Yuju already looked and sounded cold.
"When you finish eating, just leave the bowl and the glass on the bedside table then take some rest. Do you get me?"

"Y-yes.." Yuju then left the room. Sinb takes a look at the porridge then sheepishly smiled before tasting it.

'Woah, tastes so good just like halmeoni's food...wait, halmeoni?' Sinb thought then snap back to reality

"Heck!" She put the porridge back to the bedside table then jump off the bed before running out of the room wherein she meets Yuju who's doing some paperworks at the living room.

"What is it?" Yuju heard the door of her room open as well as Sinb's footsteps so she asked without removing her gaze to the papers

"I need to go home now"

"No"

"But--"

"No buts. It's already very dark outside and it'll be dangerous if I drive"

"Then I'll go home by myself" Yuju took her eyes to Sinb with one of her brows up.

"Are you sure?"

"Yes"

'Tsk, kids nowadays.. annoying as always' Yuju thought

"Whatever, kid. Just go back to my room"

"I'm serious! Now tell me, where is this place?"

"Seoul" Sinb's eyes wided

"What the heck is wrong with you?! How can I go back home, now?! I don't even know a way from here to there!" Sinb shouted. Yuju slam her pen on the table and glared at Sinb.

"I'm clear enough when I said I'll bring you back to your hometown as soon as tomorrow. How many times do I have to repeat it for your little brain to understand?!"

"Why don't you just bring me home now?! I need to go home now or else my halmeoni will be gone crazy worrying for me!"

"Shut up! I already made myself clear. I'll send back home tomorrow, and if you're worried about your halmeoni then I'll personally explain to her for you. Happy!?! Now go back to my room before I lose all my temper" with a heavy heart, Sinb went back inside Yuju's room. She even brattily slam the door close making Yuju sign in frustration.

Sinb slam herself on bed and started crying. She felt very sorry for her grand mother.

-----

When Yuju finished all her paperworks. She went inside her bedroom to check if Sinb has finished her food and also for her to wash the dishes. To her own irritation, Sinb only eats a little and didn't even touch the water. She glared at the sleeping kid and noticed the dried tears. She didn't know why but she suddenly felt guilty.

'Maybe I was just too harsh on her' Yuju thought then fix blanket, covering it to Sinb to prevent the kid from feeling cold in her sleep. Yuju examined the face of the kid then randomly thought of something.

'Her face... I think I have seen it before'