not so good

Baby Sinb

Yuju is sitting at the hospital bench near Sinb's ward while biting her nail, trying to control her nervousness.
Eunha took a sit beside her and offered a drink.

"Drink this. It may help you" Yuju accepted and stared at it. Eunha put her hand on top of Yuju's hand making the taller look at her sister.

"Relax. Everything will be fine soon"

"I know, but I can't help it. I'm nervous"

"I couldn't deny that I'm nervous too. But I believe Sinb can make it through. She's strong. She won't leave you" Eunha smiled making Yuju do the same. Yuju rest her head on her sister's shoulder.

"Eunha-ah.."

"Hmm?"

"About that day, when I almost choke you--"

"Hush, that's fine"

"But let me atleast say sorry"

"Apology accepted" Eunha gave Yuju a comforting pat on the head before caressing her hair which makes Yuju slowly close her eyes and drift to sleep.

Both Yuju and Eunha enjoyed their sisterly moment which they missed to do for a long time.

"I always wish you to find true happiness Yuju-ah. And I know Sinb is a part of it. So don't worry, all we only need now is to await tomorrow" Eunha said softly to her sleeping sister.

Tomorrow. On that exact day, Sinb will have her transplant. Sinb will finally recieve the heart of her donor. On that day, things may change.

-----

After work, Jiho proceed at the hospital to visit Sinb as well as to spend time with Yuju and Eunha.

While she was heading in after parking her car, she was accidentally pushed aside by a nurse whose other hand is pushing the emergency bed together with the other nurses to bring a blooded guy to the emergency room. There was also another set of nurses bringing an also blooded girl on the same room.
Jiho's eyes widened when she started to recognize the guy.

Immediately, Jiho followed towards the emergency room and contacted Eunha to inform the girl about it.
As soon as Eunha finds out, she also went to meet Jiho outside the emergency room as well as to confirm the certain guy to make sure if Jiho is mistaken or not.

-----

That night, Yuju is sitting beside Sinb with their hands intertwined with each other. Yuju's head resting on the crook of Sinb's neck.

"Sinb" Yuju broke the silence by calling out her lover's name

"Hmm?" Sinb replied softly

"Will you be my girlfriend?" Sinb let oit a weak chuckle and squeeze Yuju's hand

"What's with the question?"

"You broke up with me. I just wanna be your girlfriend again"

"You're weird as always"

"Can you just say yes?"

"Are you forcing me?"

"If I have to then I will" Sinb smiled and remained silent for awhile
"You're not gonna answer?"

"I think...I think it's better this way" Yuju frown. She sits straight and look at Sinb, staring on the younger's eyes.

"What do you mean?"

"I may not make it--"

"Who said you won't?"

"Yuju--"

"How are you gonna survive if you don't believe you can?!"

"I may have a donor but it doesn't guarantee that I'll be completely fine. I may lost it in the middle of the operation" Yuju closed her eyes while breathing deeply to control her emotions. She don't want to be mad at Sinb. Not in this situation. She wants to be more understanding. More considerate.

"But can you just atleast believe that you'll make it? Please" Sinb stared at Yuju. She once promised not to leave Yuju, but she broke her promise when she asked to break up. She don't want to do it again. She don't want to make Yuju feel good into words she couldn't keep.
Just as Sinb is about to answer, the door went open and Eunha came in followed by Jiho.
Both Sinb and Yuju noticed the almost the same expression of the two and it's not something good.

"Is there something wrong?" Yuju asked

"It's about Sinb's donor" Jiho replied with her head low. Yuju frown

"The donor was already announced brain-dead, one of the reasons why his family decided to give his heart. But unfortunately, this guy's fiancee is not in favor of the decision. She disconnected the machine that helps the guy's heart to keep its beat and from the 6th floor, she jumped out the window with him in her hands" Eunha said while in the merge of crying, explaining to Yuju and Sinb about the unfortunate event of Sinb's donor.

Yuju's knees shakes.

"S-so you m-mean?"

"I'm afraid we need to find another donor again. Sinb's doctor also said the same thing to us earlier" Eunha said and shed her tears.

Yuju looked at Sinb and she saw tears flowing out of her lover's eyes.
Yuju cup Sinb's face with her hands and when their eyes met, Yuju let out a weak smile.

"It's fine. We can find a new one"

"It's not easy"

"I know. But we can still find a new one. Don't lose hope, Sinb-ah. You'll make this through" Sinb sigh. Yuju is trying to cheer her up although she can see through Yuju's eyes that she's broken.

When Yuju can feel her tears falling, she excused herself to go out. Jiho saw it and followed.

Outside the ward, Yuju cried while biting her hand to prevent herself from crying aloud and also for Sinb not hear it.

Jiho handed her a handkerchief which Yuju accepted and used to wipe her tears.

"You were trying to cheer Sinb awhile ago but here you are now, crying behind her"

"Sinb don't need to see me like this. I need to be strong in front of her" Jiho tap Yuju's shoulder
"I need to be Sinb's strength, so I can't be weak infront of her. I need her to have the same hope as I have for her to be fine"

"I love that you're selfless, but sometimes it makes me hate you" Yuju shook her head.

"No. Right now, I'm being selfish. Sinb might want to rest now but I'm not letting her. I can't let her go. I keep her suffer in her pain just because I couldn't let go of her" Jiho pulled Yuju into her tight embrace.

Yuju's right ear was placed in Jiho's chest making her able to hear Jiho's heartbeat. With the beat sound, Yuju unconciously placed her hand over her own left chest.


'A heart. A healthy heart'