My baby

Baby Sinb

"Sinb!" Sinb looked behind her and saw Yerin who just arrived. Sinb let out a fake smile.
"Sinb, someone said that you ride to the car of monster teacher. She also take you here to school" Yerin said to Sinb with a hint of worry in her tone

"Who's monster teacher?"

"The teacher in grade 2-Gold, Ms. Choi" Sinb laughed.

"Seriously, you call Yuju as monster teacher?" Sinb continued to laugh. Yerin's jaw dropped with Sinb's reaction.
Sinb noticed that the cute kid who called Yerin that moment outside the faculty room walk closer, so she stopped herself from laughing.

"You shouldn't be laughing. Monster teacher is scary" said the cute kid. Sinb suddenly went serious when she heard that serious tone of the cute kid.

"Oh, you're here. Sinb-ah, she's Umji! She's my neighbor and her mommy always fetch her so I always ride along with them!" Sinb nod. Umji went closer and gave Sinb an even more serious look.

"Monster teacher will punish you if she finds out you laughed at her" Sinb raised her brow

"What do you mean?"

"She's really scary Sinb-ah. I have a friend from her class, her name is Solbin. She really loves to play but ever since she was put in monster teacher's class, Solbin never went out in her house to play again. She just stay at home to study" Yerin explained

"Is that even a bad thing?"

"It's bad when she don't care about feelings" Umji said and Yerin nods in agreement. Sinb got interested so she asked more question.

-----

Sinb lazily rest her head on Yuju's desk. They'll be staying late at school since Yuju decided to check the quiz papers and she wants to finish it now.

"I'm so bored" Sinb whine

"Then help me"

"Nope. That's your job"

"Whatever, idiot" Sinb noticed that Yuju frown when there's a student who's unable to pass the quiz then put the paper separate from the papers of the students who passed.

"Any problem?" Yuju sigh

"In my class, everyone needs to learn how to be fast learners. Those who failed deserves descipline." Sinb chuckled when she heard Yuju said that

"Are you even a teacher?" Yuju raised her brow and gave Sinb a curious look.
"I mean, I know you teach and give lessons but I don't think those things are enough to make you call yourself a teacher"

"Go straight to the point, idiot" Yuju is losing her temper. Sinb sit straight then look at Yuju in the eyes

"Aren't you being too harsh to your students? I heard from Yennie and Umji that you give quizes every after 2 days and give punishment to those who failed your quiz. You also don't let students excuse therselves to pee when class started. When a student is absent, you give activities such as cleaning the cr the moment they get back in school regardless their reason for being absent"

"I don't think what I'm doing is a bad thing."

"If you're doing that to high school students then it'll be fine but seriously, your students are still in their 2nd grade. They're still in their moments of getting excited to go to school as innocent kids, but aren't you just making them hate school instead?" Yuju sigh. Not interested to hear what Sinb wants to say. She proceed in checking the quiz papers.
"Think about it. The impression about school that you're giving to your students is something they could bring as they grow. You're making them realize that school is hard when the truth is, they can just take easy on it and have fun while learning" Yuju stopped what she's doing. Sinb has a point.

"I see you as a person who takes responsibility seriously but finding out how you rule your students disappoints me. I don't think your capable enough in handling your students. So disappointing" Sinb said then rest her head back to Yuju's desk. Yuju never felt so guilty about her students ever since but with Sinb's words, she somehow felt something heavy that she can't explain.

Sinb noticed the silence of Yuju, the girl also stopped checking the quiz papers making Sinb curious.

"Don't overthink what I said. I just let out my own opinion" Yuju closed her eyes then sigh in defeat.

"Okay, so what do you wnat me to do then?" Sinb smiled then shrugged.

The next day, while Yuju is distributing the quiz papers with results back to her students, she noticed how all of them are so tensed. She also saw some tears forming at the edge of the eyes of her students who got failing score, and those who passed don't seem to be happy but just seem relief. Things Yuju never noticed before. When she's done distributing, she stood in front, and observes them without saying anything. She noticed all of them are seem to be avoiding her eyes. Something she also failed to see before.

'Is Sinb right in everything she said?' She thought

Her eyes then caught one student who sits uncomfortably.

"Any problem, Somi?" She asked coldly. The kid tensed

"I... uhm... I need to pee" everyone looked at her, worried.
Yuju never allowed a student to go out of the classroom to pee once her class have started.

'...The impression about school that you're giving to your students is something they could bring as they grow....' Yuju remembered Sinb's words. She sigh.

"Okay then, I'll give you 10 minutes to go to the cr" Somi curiously looked at Yuju, surprised.
"Go on now" Yuju warmly permits. Somi smiled as she went of the class. Yuju let out another sigh.

"I have something to ask you, be honest with me when answering. You all know I hate dishonest kids" the students nod.

"Am I bad?" Nods

"Am I too strict?" Nods

"Do you skip playing because of me?" Nods

"Do you...hate me?" Nods. Yuju sigh. Silence filled the room until Somi came back.

'I see you as a person who takes responsibility seriously but finding out how you rule your students disappoints me. I don't think your capable enough in handling your students. So disappointing' she remembered Sinb again. Yuju closed her eyes for a moment to think making her students even more tense. As soon as she open her eyes, she let out a smile as warm as she can.

"Listen to me. From now on, when you feel like peeing just raise you hand then tell me about it so I can permit you to go out for 10 minutes" everyone nods.
"When absent, make sure to present me an excuse letter so I can give you a quiz to cope up with what you missed" she again recieved a nod.



"Okay. Now, the school field is empty..... Do you want to play with me?" Yuju smiled

-----

After class, Sinb noticed that some teachers are looking at the field through the window. There are also some students who joined them.

"Is that really Ms. Choi?" One male teacher asked. It boast Sinb's curiousity as soon as she heard Yuju's name. She runs out of the door to have wider view of what's going on at the field and she sure to like the view she's seeing.

With a beautiful smile in her face, Yuju happily running while playing the soccer ball with her now hyperly happy students.

Her hair swayed as it touches the air. She's sweating yet she still looked so lovely and the smile in her face is also so beautiful that Sinb couldn't resist but to love it. Minutes later, their eyes met. Yuju waved at Sinb and the kid waved back. Before Sinb could realized, Yuju already jogged closer to her.

"Wanna join us?" She asked

"Nope. That's your moment with them" Yuju chuckled.

"I won't take no as an answer. So let's go, idiot" Yuju grab Sinb's hand and drag her into the field. Yuju's students didn't mind as they just let Sinb join them.

The parents of each of Yuju's students came to fetch their sons or daughters but the game continued until the only people left are just Sinb and Yuju. They both land their body on the ground as they were panting.

"I don't know how much weight I lost just now" Sinb said and they both laughed

-----

"Dinner's ready!" Yuju shouted as she put the soup she cooked on the table. Sinb went out of the laundry room and occupied the sit across Yuju.

"You looked lovely earlier" Sinb complimented

"Thanks" Sinb nods. They started to eat in silence til Yuju remembered something.
"When are we gonna start searching for your grandma?"

"I wanna do it now but I don't know where to start"

"Can't you think of a place she could possibly go to? Like, your parents house?"

Sinb shook her head.
"My parents broke up and each of them now has their own family, leaving me to the care of my halmeoni. They can't even throw a visit on me and I don't even remember how they looked like"

"Are you mad at them?"

"For forgetting their responsibility to me, yes" Yuju put down her chopsticks then rest her hands on the table without breaking her look at Sinb.

"You know what, I was like you too but in a different way" Sinb frown.
"My mom left me inside somebody else's car when I was 3. The owner of the car was left with no choice but to bring me to the orphange where I met the gardener at the backyard of the orphanage. We became close but when he decided to leave his job to move away and marry an elementary teacher, he officially adopted me and takes me with him. And that's how I got my new family. I also met my step sister who happens to be the daughter of mom from her past husband" Yuju shrugged after sharing a brief of her story.
"Whenever my step sister asked me the same question I asked you earlier, I always end up answering the same thing you told me"

"Your mad that your real parents forgot their responsibility in taking care of you?" Yuju nods then mess Sinb's hair.

"You know what, I like you. You are smart and such an amazing kid" Sinb smiled

'If only you knew, I'm really isn't a kid'

-----

During their time to sleep, Yuju let Sinb share the bed with her instead of letting the kid sleep on the floor. Sinb was at first confused when Yuju cuddled with her but soon, she started to love the warmth.

"Sinb? Do you want to be my baby?" Sinb chuckled with Yuju's question.
"I'm serious, idiot. I mean, while we haven't found your grandma yet, let me be your mom"

"I'll agree after you sing me a lullaby to sleep" Yuju smiled and starts caressing Sinb's hair as she slowly sings a sweet song. Sinb never expected Yuju to have such sweet voice, but she's loving it. For a moment, she started to love being a kid.

Yuju landed a kiss on Sinb's forehead after finishing a song.
"Goodnight, my baby" with a smile in her face, Sinb went into her dreamland.