Sufferings

Baby Sinb

TV was on with loud volume, yet nobody is watching. The living room was a mess, the couch were stained, the floor has a lot of used tissues scattered around.
The kitchen is no difference, the sink is full if unwashed plates, the fridge is left open, and broken glasses on the floor.
But those mess are nothing compared to the mess inside the bedroom.
The blanket is thrown somewhere, pillows scattered on the floor and some are stained with spilled beer. The bedsheet crumpled and lots of emptied cans of beers on bed, some on the floor. The smell of beer sorrounds the whole room, yet the girl inside don't seem to care.
She was lying on the cold floor, staring at the blank ceiling. Her eyes are obviously tired and has dark circles.

"She left...then came back...and then left me again..." she smirked
"Why did you ever come back if you'll gonna leave me again?" Tears are rolling. She don't know how to stop it. She was hurt. Too hurt that she wished her current depressed state is just a bad dream. A nightmare that she can easily forget the moment she wakes up.

"You're a fool again, Yuna..." she said to herself.

-----

[Weeks have passed]

Jiho is buying new clothes since the opening of class will be due in a few days and she wished to appear beautiful in front of her new sets of students on their first day.

After buying clothes, she decided to visit Sinb who's still at the hospital. While she's driving all the way to the hospital, she thought of Yuju. She's wondering if Yuju already knew about Sinb's condition. If yes, then Jiho don't know why Yuju never show up at the hospital even for once. But if Yuju is still clueless, then Jiho is thinking why Yuju never looked for Sinb. Usually, Yuju will go paranoid if she couldn't see Sinb for a day without hearing anything.
Jiho stopped her car on the side of the road. She can felt weird, and she knew something's wrong.

"One way to know is to ask" she said. She let out a sigh then starts her engine and resume driving all the way to the hospital.

-----

Eunha is feeding Sinb since the younger girl's body is getting weak. Every day is a new struggle to her. Finding a healthy heart for Sinb is never easy, and asking people to donate their heart will never be a good idea.

Jiho knocked the door before opening it. Eunha looked at her then smiled

"How is she?"

"She's the same as always" Jiho nod before looking at Sinb. She realized that Sinb have been staring at her, and Sinb's eyes are telling her something.

"Uhh.. Eunha, can you give us a minute to talk privately?" Eunha raised her brow with Jiho's request, but she agreed anyway. When Eunha left the room, Jiho stood beside Sinb.

"You have something to tell me?"

"It's about Yuju" Sinb said with weak small voice.

"Actually, I'm about to ask you something about her too" Sinb frown

"You go first. What do you want to ask?"

"Did something happened between the two of you? I can see something's weird, so I want to confirm. Is there something wrong?" Sinb weakly smiled

"It's actually what I'm supposed to tell you right now" Jiho frown
"I broke up with Yuju" just as Sinb expected, Jiho will be shocked

"Are you crazy?! Why did you do that?!"

"Jiho, it's--"

"You don't know what this will lead Yuju! You're such an idiot, Sinb! I thought you knew that Yuju hates to be left behind! Almost all the people she loves left her, and you're no difference!" Sinb wants to say something but Jiho turn her back to leave.

"Watch over her" Jiho stopped in her track
"Please watch over Yuju for me, Jiho-ah. You're the best person I could ask to do that" after that, Jiho rushed out of the hospital. She needs to see Yuju. She's afraid that Yuju might be doing crazy things to herself and Jiho won't ever forgive herself if something happens to her best friend without her knowing. 

 

When Jiho reached Yuju's house, she immediately went in without knocking the door. She then saw the mess that she've already expected to see. She turned off the tv first before running towards Yuju's room. But Yuju isn't there. Jiho went to the kitchen, only to see the fridge left open and a total mess. She closed the fridge first, the went into different areas of the house to find Yuju.
Finally, she found the girl inside the bathroom. She's lying on the bathtub, as if drowning herself. Wait, what?

Jiho's eyes wided. She immediately run towards Yuju and pull her head out of the bathtub.
Yuju cough and even tired to let go from Jiho's grip. Jiho caught Yuju's hands first before slapping the girl real hard. That's then what makes Yuju stop from going crazy.

"Are you trying to kill yourself again?! If I were to arrive late does that mean I'm gonna see you already dead here?!" Jiho shouted, she's now in the merge of crying

"I want Sinb" Yuju said with hurt tone

"Will dying lead you to Sinb?!" Yuju began crying. Eventually, Jiho cried with her.

"What did I do Jiho-ah? She just fell out of love from me. How can I make her love me back again?" Jiho hugged Yuju tightly.
"I want her back, Jiho. I want her back" Jiho tighten her fist. She's now mad at Sinb for putting Yuju this way.

"I'll talk to her" Yuju looked at Jiho with a little hope in her eyes

"Really? You'll do that?" Jiho nod. Yuju grab both Jiho's hands and held it tightly.
"Tell her that I'm still waiting. Tell her that she can still come back to me, I will accept her." Yuju said like a desperate person begging for life. Jiho felt pity towards Yuju.

"I'll asure to tell her that. But promise me, you won't try to kill yourself again. Especially when I'm not around"

"I promise"

-----

Jiho rushed into the hospital again to talk to Sinb. But now, she's rushing with anger. Just as she was about to reach Sinb's ward, she bumped into Eunha who just went out of the ward.

"Jiho? You came back"

"I need to talk to Sinb" there's a sign of anger in her voice that makes Eunha frown

"Any problem?"

"I need to tell Yuju about her condition. That's why I'm here. I'm here to tell Sinb that I'll be telling Yuju about her"

"No, you can't do that" Eunha firmly opposed

"Don't you know that Sinb broke up with Yuju?!"

"I do know about it but still, you can't tell Yuju about Sinb"

"The hell Eunha! Yuju attempted to end her life because of her!!" Eunha went silent
"Yuju deserves to know"

"You can't tell her yet Jiho. Not now"

"How long are you going to keep this?! Sinb already broke up with Yuju so what's the point of hiding the truth?!"

"Sinb broke up with Yuju to hide her condition! She wants Yuju to hate her. She wants Yuju to get over her so that she could die peacefully!!" Eunha shouted back. Jiho froze

"W-what?"

"Sinb don't believe that there will be a healthy heart for her. She believes that she'll end up dying...and she don't want Yuju's tears to be the very last thing she will see in her last breath. She wants Yuju to forget about her. And while she's fighting to her own illness, all she could think of is Yuju!" Eunha began crying. She felt sorry towards her own friend, at the same time, to her own sister.
"If Yuju is suffering after Sinb broke up with her, Sinb here is suffering too. She has to let go of her own lover. I know it's a fool thing, but who are we to judge? We don't even know the feeling of Sinb's pain" Jiho frustratedly mess her hair, and let out a deep sigh of frustration.

Instead of getting in the ward, Jiho sat on the bench beside Sinb's ward. She was crying due to pressure. She don't want Yuju to stay depressed, but now that she founds out what's behind Sinb's sudden break up with Yuju, her mind became a mess.

'Why do they have to suffer like this?'

-----

Yuju holds into her own promise to Jiho. She won't attempt to kill herself, as long as Jiho will talk to Sinb. But a day passed by and Yuju never heard anything from Jiho. Yuju lost her patience. It's just a day that passed by but she already have lost her hope that Jiho would be able to convince Sinb to come back to her.

She heard the door of her house open, and Yuju smiled when Jiho is finally there. But her smile fades when she noticed Jiho's down expression.

"She's not coming back?" Jiho sigh.

"She needs you" Yuju frown
"She needs you in her side Yuju. She's in too much pain right now, and she needs you to--" Yuju cut Jiho's words by grabbing Jiho's shoulders

"Where is she?"

"C-change your clothes. I-I'll take you there" almost immediately, Yuju run to her room to change. Jiho sigh

'I'm sorry Sinb-ah, but I made a choice' Jiho said in her mind