Fading memory

Baby Sinb

After 2 weeks

"Yah Sinb-ah! You're a cheater!" Yerin complained when she lost the game again against Sinb.

"I'm not cheating, you're just weak. No challenge" Yerin put the player down then crossed her arms and started to sulk.
"Hey, let's have another round again. Come on!" Yerin ignored her
"Stop sulking, it doesn't suit you. You don't even looked cute" It makes Yerin sulk even more. Sinb sigh
"Okay, fine! Yennie is so cute and very good in playing that's why it's so hard for me to win against her"

"Really?" Yerin enlighten. Sinb rolled her eyes

"Yeah"

"Yay! I love you, Sinb!" Yerin hugged Sinb tightly and kissed her cheek. But before Sinb could react, Yuju came with snacks in her hands.

"Have some snacks Yennie" Yuju said as she put the tray of foods on the table. Yerin smiled and took a biscuit to eat.

"How about me? Can I eat too?" Sinb asked. Yuju chuckled and took a biscuit to feed Sinb by herself. Sinb didn't mind though.

"Ms. Choi, are you Sinb's mommy?" Yerin curiously asked. Yuju smiled at her then nods
"Where's her daddy?"

"I have her by myself" being an innocent kid, Yerin just nods.

Minutes later, they heard the ring bell indicating that someone is outside.

"Maybe that's mommy" Yerin said as she stood off the couch.

"Stay here. I'll go to outside to see if it's really your mommy" Yerin obeyed as Yuju went to open the door of her house.

"Annyeong Yuju" a tall girl with a pretty face greeted Yuju with warm smile.

"Sowon!" Both Sinb and Yerin turn their gaze to look at Yuju when they heard her voice.

"It's been a long time" Yuju can't contain her happiness as she wrap her arms around Sowon's neck then pulled themselves for a hug.
Sinb frown with the scene she's seeing.

Just seconds later after Sowon came, Yerin's mom arrived to get her daughter. Yerin cutely bid them goodbye before leaving.

"How about you? Is your mommy coming too to get you here?" Sowon asked Sinb who's sitted on the couch with serious face. The kid can sense that something is up with Yuju and Sowon... and she don't like it

"She's my mommy" Sinb said while pointing at Yuju who's taking a glass of juice for Sowon at the kitchen. Sowon laughed

"You must be joking, right?"

"It's true" Sowon laughed again.

"Hey Yuju!" Yuju came with the juice in her hand and gave Sowon a curious look for being called
"Your student here said you're her mommy" Yuju handed the juice to Sowon then smiled

"I'm really her mommy Sowon-ah. She lives here with me" Sowon's expression changed while Sinb smirked and proudly crossed her arms above her chest.

"Yuju, can we talk to your room?" Sowon asked

"Why not here?"

"Privately. Let's talk privately" Sinb frowns when Yuju agreed. Both women entered Yuju's bedroom and Sinb is eager to know what they'll be talking about. She went closer to the room's door and rolled her eyes when Sowon forgot to totally close the door.

'She's an idiot' Sinb thought, but atleast she can now have a chance to eavesdrop them through the small opening.
 


"What's with all this Yuju? Since when did you have a daughter?" Sowon seriously asked

"I know it's a bit sudden but it's a long story. Adopting never crossed my mind but I just end up doing it now."

"I don't care if it's a long story, just tell everything from the very start" Yuju sigh. She started to tell Sowon everything that happened from the very first moment she met Sinb in Andong. It makes Sowon even more serious.
"Leave that kid to her house in Andong. I don't care if her halmeoni is still there or not, just leave that kid there! She's not even your responsibility, Yuju."

"I can't do that"

"If you can't then I'll do it for you"

"I won't let you"

"Come on Yuju! I was just gone for 2 months for work then the moment I get back you already had an adoptive daughter? You should atleast ask for my permission first before you take her home!"

"I don't need your permission. I have my own job, I can support her. I also have my own house, I can give her shelter"

"No, Yuju no! I'm your girlfriend so having my permission first is very important"

As soon as Sinb heard the word 'girlfriend', it hurts her. She never knew Yuju is dating someone.

"Listen to me Sowon, I love her. And I'm not gonna do what you're telling me to do. I'm just going to let go of her as soon as we'll find her grandmom, but for now, she'll stay here with me. Whether you like it or not, or even if you break up with me, I'm gonna have her by my side" Yuju said in very serious and determined tone

"You love her that much?" Sowon asked, hurted

"Yes"

Sinb almost jumped in joy when she heard that. Happily, she went back to the couch and sits like a boss. Hearing how much Yuju wants to keep makes her heart flutter, and she's loving it so much. Minutes later, the room's door went open. Sowon went out first then directly leaves the house. Sinb saw Yuju sigh then went closer to sit beside Sinb before pulling out a smile.

"Did you fight?" Sinb asked innocently, pretending like she don't know what happened inside the room.

"Just misunderstandings. We'll be fine soon" Sinb nods. She moved herself closer to Yuju then wrap her small arms to Yuju's waist. Yuju returns the gesture by caressing Sinb's hair.

"Do you love me?" Sinb asked although she already heard it earlier. She wants to hear it directed to herself.

"Of course, you're my baby" Yuju replied

"What if one day as we went back to Andong, halmeoni is already there at home. Would you leave me?"

"I have to. But I'm going visit you when I have free time, that's a promise" Sinb smiled

"But what if one day, when you go there to visit me, you're no longer can see me as how you see me now?" Yuju frown and looked straight to Sinb's eyes

"What do you mean?"

"What if I'm no longer a kid when you come to visit?" Yuju smiled

"I'd love to see you grow" Sinb returned the smile. She knows that Yuju don't get the real point of her question.

"Can I ask you to do something for me?"

"What is it?"

"Today's weekend. Let's have fun outside."

"You wanna enjoy your temporary moment with me?" Yuju sweetly asked, Sinb nods

'I wanna enjoy the moment as a kid with you'

"Okay then"

"Yas!" Yuju laughed at Sinb's cuteness

-----

Eunha is eating her ramyeon while watching tv when her phone rings. She took out her phone and sigh before answering the call.

"What is it?"

"Eunha, have you heard?"

"Heard what?"

"She's back. The girl you said--" Eunha sigh.

"I know. She messaged me about a week ago that she's going back"

"Do you want to meet her?"

"No"

"Okay then.... I'll hang up now!" The call ended and Eunha let out another deep sigh

'The girl who once manipulated me is back. Because of her I don't know how to face my sister now. I shouldn't have just listened to her in the first place!' Eunha scolded herself in her mind. She hit her forehead with her palm before proceeding to eat again.

In a matter of fact, Eunha is slowly forgetting about Sinb's existence.
Even the people in her college including the staffs also started to forget that a student named Sinb ever existed in their school. It all happened naturally without anybody noticing it.