Cancelled

Baby Sinb

Yuju is driving the way back home from school. The atmosphere inside the vehicle is so uncomfortable for Yuju since the usually loud Sinb wasn't talking to her for 2 days.

On the other hand, Sinb missed having a long chat with Yuju but she knew to herself that she couldn't do that without feeling hurt.

When they arrived infront of Yuju's house, Sinb left Yuju's car without saying anything. Yuju sigh

"Sinb-ah, make sure to eat dinner with grandmom. I'll be home late" Sinb heard but she didn't respond. She just went inside the house without saying anything. Yuju let out another sigh and drives again to go to the venue where Sowon and Sowon's mom is waiting.

-----
Sowon's mom is talking to someone through her phone outside the luxurious boutique while Yuju and Sowon are inside, looking through the wedding gown designs at the magazine.

"I think this is going to look perfect on you. It's simple yet amazingly designed" Sowon said as she pointed a wedding dress picture. Yuju remained silent and turn to look to other pages.
"You don't like it?"

"It's nice" Sowon frown. She took the magazine and closed it. She gave Yuju a worried look

"You don't seem to be on mood. Yuju, we're here to pick a wedding gown for you yet you don't seem to be interested. Is there something bothering you?"

"I think I'm just tired with work" Sowon let out a loud breath. She wrap her both arms to Yuju's waist and rest her head to Yuju's shoulder.

"I already told you to take a leave. You should be happily preparing for the special event with me, Yuju. You should'nt be stressing yourself" Yuju sigh. They silently stayed in that position for a few minutes 'til Yuju decided to break the silence first.

"Sowon-ah.."

"Hhmm?"

"Can we just move the wedding day?" Sowon sit straight and gave Yuju a shocked look.
"I think we're making it too sudden"

"And so? Yuju, everything is already on its right flow. Eventhough the preparation is just a week, we can still have our wedding elegantly"

"I know. We can pay a lot of people to help us for the preparations, but I'm thinking about those who'll be affected once we get married Sowon-ah."

"And you mean Sinb, don't you?" Yuju nod. Sowon chuckled

"Sinb is still not comfortable for me and you to be together. Ever since Sinb finds out about our sudden wedding day, she never had a proper talk with me. She also refused to sleep in my room. It feels like my daughter is getting farther from me, and I'm afraid that I'll be losing my baby's attachment to me. I don't want that, Sowon. I don't want that" Sowon's blood boils but she tried to control it since it was Yuju whom she's talking with.

Yuju gave Sowon a pleading eyes. Sowon ended up taking a deep breath. When it's Yuju giving her that kind of look, she knew she can't refuse.

"But you'll still marry me, right?" Yuju nod
"Fine then. We'll move the date but, I'll decide for our new wedding day. This time, no more changes" Yuju smiled and gave Sowon a hug

"Thank you for understanding" Sowon caress Yuju's back

"You know how much I love you, right?"

"I know"

-----

Using Yuju's car, Sowon volunteered to drive Yuju on her way home. She parked Yuju's car in front of Yuju's home then both girls gets out of the car.

"Make sure to grab a taxi on your way home. Don't attempt to only walk on the streets" Yuju reminded after Sowon handed to her the keyes. Sowon smiled

"I will, babe" Yuju smiled and waved before getting into her house. Sowon is about to leave when she heard someone calling her. She turned around and saw Sinb's grand mother. Sowon smiled at her and walk closer

"So how is it?" Sinb's grand mother asked

"You mean?"

"The preparation" Sowon's expresion changed.


"We cancelled the supposed wedding day, halmeoni. Yuju asked me to move the date"

"And you agreed?" Sowon nod. Sinb's grand mother let out a shock expresion
"Aren't you thinking?! You should marry Yuju very soon while Eunha is still not around! We have to take advantage with Eunha's absence Sowon!" Sowon came to the realization as she remembered their plan.
"Marry Yuju right away!"

"But Yuju pleased me" Sinb's grand mother sigh

"Don't you know that cancellation of wedding day is not a good sign? Now tell me, what's her reason this time?"

"She said Sinb is not yet comfortable" Sowon tells the truth. Sinb's grand mother hit Sowon's arm

"Sinb?! Aish, that rotten kid!"

"That rotten kid you're calling is your grand daughter, halmeoni."

"I know! And that kid needs her lesson. She's ruining Yuju's relationship with you, that's how ungrateful she is" Sinb's grand mother sigh
"So when will be the new wedding day?"

"Next month"

"That's final, Sowon. That's final! No more changes done. Do you get me?" Sowon nod
"I'll let Sinb slide for now. But this will be the last"

"Thank you, halmeoni. You don't know how grateful I am to you" Sinb's grandmother pat Sowon's shoulder.

"I told you, I can't ruin a happy couple. You love her, she loves you; so you must be together" Sowon smiled

"I'll go ahead now. See you when I visit again" Sinb's grandmother nod. She waited for Sowon to grab a taxi first before she went inside Yuju's house. She headed to her room wherein she saw Sinb peacefully sleeping and Yuju sitting next to the kid while caressing Sinb's hair.


"Oh I'm sorry, grandmom. I just went here to check Sinb." Yuju apologized as she stood off the bed

"This is your house anyway" Sinb's grand mother shrugged. Yuju smiled and turn to look at Sinb again.
"Is there a problem? Do you want to keep caressing her hair?"

"I'm just wondering if Sinb miss me as much as I miss her, grandmom."

"You always see her here"

"But we don't talk that much which is unusual" Sinb's grandmother remained silent. Yuju faced her
"I'll go now. Goodnight, grandmom" Yuju smiled before she left.

Sinb's grandmother chuckled

"Dear, dear Sinb..."

-----

In the morning, Sinb knew that there will be no class since it's week end but she still wakes up early. While scratching her head, she went out of the room to go to the bathroom to brush her teeth.

"Oh, you woke up so early" Yuju who's sitted on the couch at the living room said when she saw the kid. Sinb only took a glance on her, then headed to the bathroom.

Once Sinb's done brushing her teeth, she exits the bathroom and met Yuju who's standing beside the door to wait for her.

"Do you want to use the bathroom too?"

"Nope. I'm waiting for you" Sinb frown

"Why?"

"I miss you" Sinb chuckled. She's both happy and sad with what Yuju just said. Happy, coz the girl miss her too; sad, because she knew Yuju will never know how much she loves her.

Yuju grab Sinb's hand and went to sit at the living room's couch, dragging the kid along with her.

"I would like it if you sit on my lap"

"No, thanks" Sinb sits beside Yuju instead. Yuju let out a sad smile. She knew how much Sinb used to love sitting on her lap before.

"You're still mad at me?"

"I was never mad"

"Then why aren't you talking to me that much like how we used to?"

"I need to adjust. Once you're married with Sowon, you're attention will be all to her. Ofcourse, you have to be a perfect wife"

"I already told you, right? Nothing much will change. You're still my baby" Sinb sigh and stood off the couch

"I think I'm tired" Yuju raised a brow

"You just woke up"

"I'm tired talking about this whole thing over  and over again. Can we just stop? You're already marrying Sowon, so what's the point? It's not like I have a choice other than to just accept it, right?" Sinb can't hide the pain in her tone.

"We cancelled the wedding. I asked her to cancel the wedding since you're still not comfortable with it. So instead of having it a few days from now, we decided to move it on the next month"  Yuju informed, hoping that Sinb will be atleast happy. But the kid only nods and walk away.
"Why are you like this?" Yuju asked making Sinb stop in her track.

"Do you expect me to be happy?" Sinb turned to face Yuju again
"The wedding day was moved, but you're still marrying her. It's just the same thing" Yuju frown

"You're so unfair" Yuju can no longer hide her emotions.
"I was thinking about you and with how you feel but you're not doing the same. You should atleast think of me too. Why are you always making me choose between you and Sowon? I love you both, so can't I just have the two of you?"

"That's the most painful, Yuju. How can I make you love me wholeheartedly? This is unfair for me too! Because no matter how I try to explain to you, I know you will never understand... never" Yuju looked down and took a deep breath.

"You're always making this hard for me. Can't you let me be happy?" Yuju asked with a crack in her voice. She's already crying, and the sight of Yuju's tears hurts Sinb. But instead of wiping it, Sinb run to get back to the bathroom. She also felt like crying but she don't want to do it in front of Yuju, so she'll just do it at the bathroom alone.

But unknown with the two girls, Sinb's grandmother witnessed their argument. Sinb's grandmother shook her head in disappointment.

"Such an ungrateful kid.."