Heart

Baby Sinb

Eunha opened her eyes that morning and she stretch her arms after sitting up. Sleeping on a mat placed on the floor inside Sinb's ward is not as comfortable as her bed at home, but she don't mind though. As the morning light of the sun touches her face, she knew there was a good weather outside. But it's not something she needs to be happy of. Because as much as Eunha wanted to light up her mood by the weather,  the dark reality of Sinb and Yuju is giving a heavy feeling. Those two have been suffering alot now. Eunha turn her head to look at the two only to find them still sleeping. Yuju's hand on top of Sinb as usual.
Eunha sigh, then she glance at her wristwatch. Her eyes widened when she realized that she's already running late for work.

Without waking up Yuju and Sinb, Eunha left.

"If only I went home last night" Eunha murmured to herself while grabbing a cab that will drive her home. She still need to wash herself and wear her uniform before heading to work.

For good 30 minutes of rushing, Eunha reached her workplace and not the usual full if costumer, she noticed that there was only a few inside.

"You're late" Eunha turned around only to be greeted by the manager. Eunha bowed

"I'm sorry. I'm really sorry" the man laughed and tap Eunha's shoulder.

"Chill. It's no big deal." As usual, the manager is kind to her

"I better prepare to start my work now" Eunha bowed again then run towads the authorized room to put her apron on as well as to leave her bag there while she work.

The man silently laughed with Eunha's action. He don't know but he just find Eunha's actions cute.

-----

After work, Eunha pit on her bag and was about to exit the authorized room when the manager blocked her way.

"Let me drive for you"

"I can go by myself" Eunha declined and was about to walk by but the man held her wrist, stopping her.
"What's the matter with you?"

"Let me atleast drive you home"

"I'll be going to the hospital, not home"

"Then I'll take you there"

"Why are you so stubborn?!"

"When are we going to keep hiding?" Eunha avoided his eyes.

Eunha have been dating the restaurant's manager for a month now but she still somehow couldn't find herself declaring it to her friends nor to Jiho, Sinb, and even to her sister Yuju.

"This is not yet the right time. Sinb is still in the hospital. And my sister is still suffering right now. I don't think this is the perfect time for me to tell them about you, Mingyu-ah" the guy sigh

"But still, let me atleast treat you as my girl" Eunha sigh in defeat

"Fine" Mingyu smiled

"Let's go" he offered his hand which Eunha accepted.

-----

"I'll take you home first so you could wash and change your clothes. After that, I'll take you to the hospital" Eunha nod. After that, the car furn silent for a few minutes

"Eunha-ah, you once mentioned that your sister quit her job"

"Yeah, I did"

"So, you pay all of Sinb's hospital expenses now?"

"I'm don't do it alone. Jiho is also giving some of her money" Mingyu nod to show he understood

"I can also give mine if you want"

"No need. Mine and Jiho's money is enough now. Also, Yuju still has her huge savings in her bank account"

"Okay then."

"Why you suddenly bring that up now?"

"I just happened to remember it." Mingyu replied. Since he was driving with only one hand on the steering wheel, Eunha reach for his other hand and squeeze it.

"I'm sorry if we still need to hide us from my sister and friends" Mingyu smiled at her

"It's okay. Just don't overthink it" silence filled the car before Eunha broke it

"Mingyu-ah"

"Yes?"

"Sinb's supposed donor died...and I was thin--"

"No" the man plainly cut off

"But Yuju needs Sinb"

"And I need you. There's no way you could do that. I already no to you before, right? So please don't" Eunha wants to say something more but she end up sighing.
"We just got started, you can't leave me like that" Eunha hung her head low and bit her lower lip

"I'm sorry" she apologized

"Don't be"

-----

Eunha hop out of her boyfriend's car and left to get into the hospital after bidding goodbye.

Inside Sinb's ward, Eunha saw Yuju caressing Sinb's left chest, as if calming Sinb's diseased heart.

'Are you out of your mind? Yuju will be gone crazy if you do that' Jiho disagreed

'We just got started, you can't leave me like that' Mingyu also disagreed.

The truth is, Eunha once wanted to volunteer in giving her own organ to Sinb, but people close to her are not allowing her.

Eunha wants Yuju and Sinb to stop from suffering and have them live happily while loving each other. But in one corner of her mind, if she wants to help Yuju's lover then what about her own love whom she gonna left behind?

Eunha sigh

"Happiness is too easy to wish for, but why is it too hard to have right now?" Eunha questioned herself.

As if Yuju noticed Eunha's presense, she looked to the direction of the girl wherein their eyes met. Yuju smiled at her making Eunha force a smile and feel unreasonably guilty as well as pain and sadness.


Yuju stood up and walked closer to her sister.

"Eunha-ah, I've been waiting for you" Runha frown

"Is there something you want to tell me?" Yuju took a deep breath

"Actually, I want to ask you something. It's like favor"

"What is it?" Yuju took a glance at sleeping Sinb first before grabbing Eunha's hand and placed it to her chest. Eunha's eyes widened when she get Yuju's message.
"Y-yah.." Yuju explained to Eunha everything she has on mind, as well as the upcoming action to make.

"Please?" Yuju pleads with a glitter of hope in her eyes. Eunha couldn't say no even if she wanted to. She wants to oppose and shout it out but somehow, she couldn't do it.

Without noticing, a tear escaped Eunha's eyes. And with this, Yuju pulled her sister into her embrace tightly.

"I love you Eunha-ah" Eunha hugged back with her eyes closed.

 

----------

Author's note: Eunha's boyfie character here is just a cameo. Hope you like this chap. everyone! :)