Hoya's Melody

Oppa Hates You

It was the end of the day, and feeling that I was already into a difficult game, I would have to feel obliged in helping out with Infinite somehow today. They were going to practise Hoya's dance routine after school.

When I walked into the room, Hoya was the only one there. He hadn't noticed me and was dancing already. Or at least I assumed he was dancing; though I'd only scene proffessionals dance like that. It was so mesmerising and I just couldn't keep up with his smooth and perfectly timed movements. It was as if I was watching an animation; it just didn't look real. He's good. Was he really still a school kid? How has he not debuted as the World's most incredible dancer ever yet?

I quietly tiptoed to the back to not disturb him but that wasn't necessary since he was incredibly absorbed anyway. What I didn't get was where everybody was. I came a bit late and they weren't even here.

I saw a movement by the door and Woohyun and Myungsoo came in. Woohyun was chatting loudly and laughing to Myungsoo but as soon as they saw Hoya's dancing, they stopped and just stared with their mouths open. Hoya continued to dance so when Woohyun spotted me, he skipped over and sat down on my right. Myungsoo came over, nodded and silently sat down on my left with his typical poker face. He gave a small smile that he regularly wore but then concentrated hard on what Hoya was doing.

The music stopped for a moment and changed to a slow ballad. Hoya paced around to cool down and finally spotted us with a jump.

"Hey guys, how long have you been there," he asked, slinging a towel around his neck.

"We just got here," I innocently replied. "Is that what you'll be teaching?" Woohyun gave me a shocked, disbelieving look which turned to worry and I shrugged my shoulders.

"Ahh, no. That's just how I warm up." I thought I was losing my hearing so I just nodded with a smile.

"Wanna start now?" Hoya suggested.

"What about the others?" I questioned. Woohyun and Hoya laughed and shook their heads. What's so funny? Are they not coming. "Sungyeol will come at least." Woohyuns face dropped and he began to sulk again like a little kid. What's his problem? I thought him and Sungyeol were best friends.

Sungyeol didn't come in but Dongwoo did so Hoya began to go through the steps. And as expected, the guys were all so incredibly fast at learning and so talented as well. I noticed that Myungsoo was paying a lot of effort into following Hoya's teaching and was progressing quickly. Dongwoo seemed to already know the dance a bit since Hoya was his best friend and Woohyun, annoyingly, had a lot of style too. Geumjung and her ducks chose well.

"Guys you're doing well but the timing is off. Count the beat with me," Hoya lectured. He went through the arm movement slowly and counted, "one..two..three..four....". He stopped and looked behind him with an apologetic look. "It will be easier to follow when we have the lyrics on the track." Hoya looked around at me on the floor and quickly handed me a cd.

Myungsoo shook his head with a deadly serious aura. "No. We'll learn it now." The silence was quick but everyone had been shocked from his sudden comment. He hadn't said anything at all before that.

Hoya nodded and resumed teaching.

I guessed, a while later, that the others were probably playing their notorious 'games' at a club or something at the moment. I knew for sure that Sunggyu would be with that girl we saw at lunch but I didn't want to think that about Sungyeol. Nonetheless, the image of that girl clinging to him during registration was proof enough of something. I wasn't sure about what that guy Sungjong was up to. I don't know him so well but I couldn't imagine that sweet boy doing something dirty. Then again- good looks isn't the only thing these guys have in common.

Stupidly I tried to follow Hoya's steps too but I just ended up falling on my bum. Though if anyone else had been teaching, I'm sure I  would have fallen on my face instead. Infinite are real competition.

The lesson went on for a long time so I decided to see if Jieun was still in the building. I made my way to the music rooms and followed the voice of someone singing.

     michin geoni, wae geureoni

     ije geuman najom naebeoryeodwo

     nega boyeo, sumi maghyeo

     nae nunapeseo kom, sarajyeojwo

The voice was the most beautiful within the whole school and undeniably belonged to Jieun. I could hear her piano interlacing with her angelic song and her delicate air and passion could be felt throughout the building. The door to the pratice room was open so I wouldn't have to worry about disturbing her. I sat down comfortably behind her and closed my eyes for a moment.

When she saw me she smiled but carried on playing and singing until the end of the song. When she finished, I noticed really how beautiful she looked at the piano with her long brown hair, perfectly pin straight trailing down her back and a glow of such happiness in what she was doing. No wonder the guys fall in love with her all the time; she looks so elegant and mature.

"Did you compose that yourself?" I asked. She shook her head.

"It was a present from a good friend of mine," she smiled and touched the sheet music in front of her fondly. She turned around and looked at me expectantly.

"Ah right, Hoya handed me this." I gave her the cd and she played it. The song was the one that Hoya was dancing to before but this one seemed to be sadder for some reason. I felt like crying at how somber the tone was. Jieun nodded with a serious but meloncholy face. Half way through she paused the music.

"Who is this Hoya guy?" she quizzed with a suspicious face.

"Wh-why?" I stuttered. She put on a warm smile.

"I just want to know who I'm writing lyrics for. Maybe I should talk to him about what kind of meaning he wants to express." I nodded.

"He's a dance major."

"But? This isn't the song he dances to is it?" I shook my head.

"I think I'll write this by myself actually. I don't think he wants anyone to know about what I'll be writing just yet. There's something about the feel of this track that gives me shivers......." she tilted her head as she pressed play again and we listened until the end. The song ended suddenly when the music just stopped.

"Err, he must of have not finished recording. I'll take the cd back to him," I said, standing up. Jieun quickly grabbed my arm and shook her head.

"It's supposed to be this way. He wants me to finish it." Her look was alluringly intense. She picked up her note book and started scribbling random words. Each word was long and all were adjectives of a exposed nature. Finally she stopped and played the music on the piano. I was impressed at how she managed to play it so accurately after listening to it once. This time she added her own ending which gave me chills. The last note hung as if it wasn't going to close the song. "That's how he wants it. Unfinished." She wrote down 'unfinished' in her note book then quickly put it away again.

I quietly sneeked out because after that, she just went back to practising her other songs without a word. The only thing she said was to thank Sunhwa for letting her borrow her dance track.

After getting home that day, I realised what had just happened. Hoya was smart. From all his experience in performance, he would finish up the loose ends with something that would please the hearts of the audience. Hoya was doing this to win. He wasn't just a great dancer. Knowing who was writing his lyrics for him, because only one person can, he's taking the advantage and making the best out of it. And Jieun knows this too.

It's time I shut out school and relax. Finally the weekend has come and that means two days without bothersome revenge. Success! Well, I can't really call it revenge but I'm getting there. No more Woohyun right? And Christmas is coming too....

_______________________________

A/N Ahh it's almost Christmas time! I think I'll make a surprise for Christmas so tomorrow I'll update with the Christmas chapter.......I think. Please consider that I write on the GMT so my Christmas might start at a different time from yours. I have no clue if it's a good idea.

And about that, don't forget to comment so I know if I'm doing well. The more you talk about what's happening, the easier it will be for me to write more chapters. I feel like I'm losing steam, even though I'm not even a tenth through the story. Wow that means I'll be writing 80 chapters?!! Anyway....don't expect that keke ^^

On a lighter note, I've uploaded three times already on the of midnight......I wonder if anyone's noticed?