Missing Him

Oppa Hates You

"Woohyuuuuun?" I whispered, peering around his door. He looked up from his manhwa and gave me a huge smile that made his eyes disappear. Does he do that on purpose or something?

"If you're my girlfriend, shouldn't you be calling me oppa?" he chuckled, going back to reading. I walked in and sat by his bed again and scoffed.

"I already said, I'm not your girlfriend."

He put his book down and rolled over to face me with a scary grin. "Fair enough. But you can't be my friend. I don't have girls as my friends."

"That's so rude-"

"I mean I can't. You know why right?" I nodded but continued to scowl. "So you have to be my girlfriend."

"Well I'm not. I suppose this is the first time for you."

"Yeah the first time but I don't even know who you are!" He laughed loudly and shook his head. I felt my eyes well up with tears as he laughed but I wiped them away before he saw. "You're looking after me while I'm here right? Maybe you're my mum! So what did you bring me?" He leaned over the edge of the bed and looked curiously into my bag. I sighed and took out a flask with the jook I made earlier and poured it into a bowl. His smile lit up as I gave it to him. "My mum never made me this! Okay you are my mum."

"Don't say that..." I trailed off quietly. He didn't hear as he ate the soup. His hair was falling into the bowl so I reached up and pulled it back gently. He looked up from the soup and stared at me with glistening eyes for a moment and I couldn't help but stare back. Then I poked him in the forehead. "Eat the soup, idiot. I don't make it everyday."

"Sorry, mummy," he chuckled as I hit him on the back of his head. I watched him eat while I sat and thought about how much happier he looked than before. It's as if him forgetting everything made it all go away. Except that I could still remember. He looked up at me and grinned and I suddenly felt guilty for being the only one who knew. I want to forget too. Letting my hair fall across my face, I picked up Woohyun's book and flipped through the pages.

"You know, in the end, Junpyo loses his memory of Jandi too," he muttered. "But she manages to bring them back though and they finally get together in the end."

"Your life isn't a manhwa, Woohyun! Don't go comparing things to fiction," I said to him quickly. Woohyun stared at me, dopping his smile, and put his bowl down. He looked confused and a tiny bit worried.

"Ah..I...never said anything. I was just describing the story."

"I know," I whispered to myself. "I just thought...nevermind."

"Haneul? Did I say something?" He reached over and took my hand. His was very cold.

"No. You're fine. Actually....you're hand is so cold!" I grabbed his other hand and it was also freezing. "Why are your hands so cold?!" He laughed and shrugged carelessly. I quickly rubbed them together to warm them up and they started going red.

"Your hands are warm. Chokyung's hands were always warm," Woohyun said under his breathe. I don't think he intended for me to hear but I heard anyway. 

"I'm not like Chokyung. Don't compare me with your ex-girlfriends." He froze and pulled his hands away from me. I didn't dare look up.

"Haneul, how do you know Chokyung? Wait.....you were there after I met with her on Christmas day?" Woohyun questioned with a voice like steel. I felt his eyes judging me.

"Yeah I was."

"Haneul....." Woohyun took a sharp intake of breathe and sat upright. I found the confidence to peep through my hair and look at his face. "You...were there."

"Yeah....I just said that."

"No. I know. It's just....now I remember." He turned to me with glittering eyes and a sad, hollow smile.  "I can see you. You're walking away from me in a floor-length dress and Sungyeol's jacket."

"You remember? Christmas?"

"I'm jealous because you're wearing Sungyeol's jacket. And you're angry because you don't know that I like you. I don't know that I like you," Woohyun mumbled, staring into the past. I smiled slightly at how silly I was. I was naive until Woohyun made me feel some kind of feeling.

"Do you remember me?"

"No," Woohyun said bluntly. "I mean I only know that one day. It's very clear, a happy and sad memory."

"So.....it doesn't apply right now?" I said timidly, worried at how he was going to take it. He faced me and grinned.

"I'm not sure since I don't know you. Why? Do you want me to still like you?" he said playfully. I should have known he'd be like this.

"You don't feel the same anymore," I whispered, more to myself than to him. Then it's too late isn't it. I missed my chance I thought. I heard a small chuckle but didn't bother to see him.

"Well it's a new beginning-"

"That's a stupid thing to say! I'm who I am because the old Woohyun made me this way! If you can't remember who I am then who am I?! I don't have anybody left..." I yelled at him, standing up and knocking the chair over. Woohyun leaned back with his arms over his head.

"H-H-Haneul?! I d-don't know what you mean," Woohyun stuttered. I sighed and picked up the chair but didn't sit back down.

"I miss you. I learnt a lot from you."

He hesitated before bringing his arms back down. "That temper," he snickered deviously. "There's only one person who's ever yelled at me like that before. And everytime she does, I get back a little bit of the old me."

"It's me, isn't it."

"You left a big impression with your lectures. 'I hate you' is forever branded into my soul."

"I'm sorry for being such a cold-hearted person."

"Me too."

________________________________

 

Woohyun's sleeping face was just too cute. He tried to hide under the covers so I wouldn't see but at some point he'd taken it off his face. I watched him snoozing comfortably every so often for 20 minutes but it was starting to get boring. After I brushed Woohyun's hair, smoothed out the sheets and poked his tofu cheeks another several times, I had run out of things to do.

I resorted to humming to myself after resisting the urge to draw on his perfect skin. That also got boring so I took out my pen anyway and leant on my knees over his bed. He stirred for a moment and I paused writing on his hand, but when he continued to snooze I went back to doodling.

At some point I fell asleep aswell with my head on the bed and his hand in both of mine. And when I woke up, I found that Woohyun was sitting up and playing with my hair.

"Coconut," he said suddenly.

"What?" I murmured, rubbing my eyes.

"Your shampoo is coconut scented. It brings back memories." He twirled a strand around his finger and flicked it on my nose, making me sneeze.

"Hey! Don't-"

"What else have I missed out? Don't I owe you for slapping some sense into me?"

"What do you mean?," I asked. He lifted his hand up to me and I cringed at the doodles I had drawn. At least it wasn't in permanent marker. "Sorry."

"Did you do this on purpose?" he said seriously, raising an eyebrow. "This." He pointed with his other hand to a small unusual star I had drawn.

"What about it?" Woohyun laughed and ran his fingers through his silky hair. Then he rolled onto his stomach to face me and leant his chin on both of his hands very close to my face.

"Look in your pockets. You have something of mine," he whispered. I looked at him suspiciously but did as he said and took out a small paper star that looked similar to the one I had drawn on his hand. It was the star he had made out of the chopstick wrapper in the food stall after Infinite's audition. "Thank you," Woohyun said, plucking the star out of my fingers and placing a different one in my palm- the one that I had made and he had stolen.

"Don't tell me-"

"That I know? Yeah, I remember. Everything. And that night....I made a big mistake."

_________________________

 

A/N     I'm so sorry that I haven't been updating as much and that this chapter is so short. I hate exams TT.TT There's two more weeks until my holiday but I'll still update often before then. Thank you for sticking by and please anticipate the next chapter. I promise it will be more interesting! ^^ Shall Woohyun be leaving the hospital soon? When he does.....I have plans in store kekeke ;D