Saturday

Oppa Hates You

Haneul's POV

"Well you can't rely on that guy now. He's not here so work harder!" Geumjung squeeked in front of Infinite. The six of them groaned and Sungyeol even fell on his knees dramatically.

"Whyyyyy?" he moaned. "This is just too much, Geumjung! You're spoiling my lunchtime." She tutted and ignored him.

"You're hopeless. As soon as Woohyun leaves you've lost all your motivation? I don't think you'll be getting anywhere at all-" she said but quickly got cut off when a tall man in a parker strode in and seated himself casually at a desk. He propped his chin on his hands and stared at her intently. Everyone gasped after assessing him for a while.

"S-s-saem? TOP?" Geumjung stuttered. He chuckled deeply and nodded.

"Why don't you try being their motivation, Geumjung? You won't let talent go to waste will you?" TOP said. There was a moment of tense silence before everyone simultaneously ran to him and shrouded him with hugs. "Hey..HEY!" he yelled. "I need air!"

Everyone laughed and sat back down. "Where have you been?" Sunggyu said, giving TOP a light punch on his arm.

"I'm a Japanese music artist now," he chuckled. As soon as he mentioned Japan my thoughts ran straight to Woohyun and I stopped smiling. I guess they're right that absense makes the heart grow fonder. I miss that creepy stalker. "It looks as if you guys might need my help right?" Everyone nodded. "Well good thing I've come back then."

Our old teacher then started talking about his trip to Japan and the entertainment industry. What kinds of things were needed to be successful. Sungyeol approached me when he started to talk about image. I suppose that's not important to Sungyeol.

"Hey, Haneul," he said happily with his usual bright smile. I looked up and returned it as best as I could. "Wow, he actually went to Japan. I wonder if he met Woohyun there," he mumbled, sitting beside me and resting his arm on the back of my chair. I shifted uncomfortably, not because of his movement but because he mentioned Woohyun.

"Maybe..." I muttered. He tilted his head and gave me a puzzled look.

"What's with you and him?" he said suddenly. "Do you miss him?"

"Don't we all?" I laughed nervously, trying not to make a mistake. He clenched his fist behind my chair and dropped his smile, shifting closer to me.

"Do you like him?" he whispered intensely, staring into my eyes.

"Don't we all like him?" I mumbled, my voice a whisper. Sungyeol's expression became angry suddenly and he turned away to scoff. He turned back and faced inches away from me. I could feel his breathe brush across my face and I flinched.

"Aish...Can you stop answering me with questions? I actually want to know," he said through gritted teeth.

"Umm..." I hesitated. "I don't like him...in that way."

He sighed and smiled again, moving away from my face. "That's good. Otherwise our date on Saturday would be really awkward."

I turned to him with wide eyes. "Date? Aren't we just shopping?" Sungyeol laughed at my expression and curled a strand of my hair around his finger casually.

"Sounds like a date to me. Why are you scared? It's not like it's our first time..." he yawned. I looked at my feet and nodded. This Saturday I would have to be braver around him, otherwise we'd get nowhere.

"So where's Woohyun?" TOP suddenly called out. Everyone stared at him in surprise.

"Don't you know? He's moved to Japan," Sungjong said hesitantly. TOP nodded and sat back.

"Yeah but shouldn't he be here?" he said. Infinite looked at him in confusion and then curiously at each other.

"But....he's in Japan," Sunggyu said. "He can't be here."

TOP looked up suddenly in shock and bit his lip nervously. He chuckled and shook his head. "Ah of course silly me. He's not back yet."

"He's not coming back," Hoya bluntly said. Everyone nodded and stared at the ground regrettably.

"Well I already-" TOP began but cut his sentence short, realising something. "Nevermind. We'll see how things turn out."

What was he going to say? How things turn out? I thought curiously. Nobody else seemed to pick up on it and went back to chatting again. Until they were interrupted by a mass of screaming girls holding pink and red boxes and swamping them completely.

Of course it's Valentines Day again. Like every year, I can't help but feel a little bitter towards that school girl ranking since people are often obliged to follow it rather than confess to their actual love. Or maybe the whole female population are actually in love with Infinite. Myungsoo was the most popular, I could hardly see him under the piles of chocolates. But everytime I did see him, it seemed like he was smiling at me.

Sungyeol gazed at me longingly as he was attacked by screaming fangirls so I just laughed and shrugged. He looked sadly at me but continued to accept the gifts with a smile.

______________________

Time flew by very quickly after that and I realized that it was already Saturday. There was nothing from Woohyun so I expected that he would never come back. I'd begun to lose all hope, apart from the fact that Soyeon couldn't have him either.

Rumaging through my wardrobe, I tried to find something suitable to wear that wouldn't suggest I was trying to hard. It was proving to be very difficult. In the end after staring blankly at the pile of clothes for two hours, I gave up and put on clothes I would normally wear: a white graphic tee, red skinny jeans, black docmartins and a leather bomber jacket since it was still a bit chilly out. I remembered Hyosung once suggesting to underdress so that the guy would offer you his jacket but Sungyeol had already done that and it would just be a burden for him.

I sighed as I stared at myself in the mirror, running a brush through my hair. I suddenly felt a little nervous.

A knock came from the front door. I went to open it and Sungyeol stood there with a hesitant grin.

"Ready?" he asked, extending his hand. I nodded and took it instinctively, he wrapped his fingers around mine and let the warmth sink through. "You're more prepared today than Christmas I see," he laughed, walking hand in hand. "At least you have some kind of sense."

"Hey!" I yelled, hitting him on the arm. "I don't usually dress like that!"

"What?! Why are you hitting me?!" he yelled back, shoving me off the pavement. "So you usually dress like this?!"

I quickly got off the road and reached up to flick his forehead and he quickly flinched away. "What's wrong with what I'm wearing?"

"Well I thought that you'd make more effort if we're going on a date," he said shamelessly. Is he asking for trouble?

"You think this is a date. I'm trying to make things less awkward," I huffed skipping off ahead.

"Yah! Don't run away from me! Aish!" he yelled, running to catch up. He was much quicker than me and instantly grabbed my shoulders before I had gotten anywhere. He pulled me back and leaned over, laughing above my head. "Don't try and get away from me, okay. You'll just embarrass yourself."

"Fine. Let go!"

"Nope. You can't run away like this," he chuckled, pushing me forwards still gripping my shoulders. He hadn't stopped leaning over me yet so there was no way I could turn to run as his face was next to mine.

By the time we'd reached the mall, I could finally relax as I saw my savior standling proudly by the entrance like a goddess. I could always depend on Jieun to save me. Sungyeol stopped in his tracks when he saw her and I took that chance to slip out of his grip and run to her.

"Unniiiiiie! Thank you for coming!" I blurted out, hugging her tightly. She tensed in surprise and patted my back.

"Ugh, sure," she muttered. Sungyeol slowly approached us with a wary glare and never took his eyes off of Jieun. He gave her a quick nod, then grabbed my hand and marched purposefully into the mall. I shot Jieun a helpless look and she nodded, slowly following.

"So where did you want to look, Haneul?" Sungyeol asked, forcing a smile. His grip was tight and was becoming slightly uncomfortable.

"Um..I'm not sure. Where do you think Unnie?" I said, turning to face Jieun. Sungyeol glared at me and I shrugged.

"Well there's a formal dress shop on the third floor. That's a good place to go," she replied politely. Sungyeol huffed and dragged me to the stairs, making Jieun giggle. I looked at her in confusion but she just mouthed 'he's jealous'.

We walked around the shop looking at the dresses but Sungyeol wasn't particularly interested. Jieun handed me a beautiful moss green gown and we both squealed in delight.

"This one's the nicest," I gasped in awe. She shook her head, showing me another one that was chiffon and pale dusky rose.

"But this is also a must," She said. I saw Sungyeol scoff out of the corner of my eye and giggled, though I also felt a bit sorry for him. When Jieun became distracted by the jewellery, I walked up to him and pouted.

He turned away with his arms folded and looked to the distance so I followed his gaze and stood in front of him. He sighed and looked at me seriously. I pouted even more which made him almost smile.

"Are you not interested?" I asked innocently.

"It's not that," he sighed. "But I was hoping to spend this day alone with you." My heart clenched from his words and I started to feel a bit guilty. I looked around desperately and picked a random red dress and showed it to him.

"Do you think this would look good on me?"

He nodded slowly but didn't look convinced. "Of course it would look good. But since my favourite colour is pink, this would look best," he said, taking a hot pink mini dress off of the rack.

"Yah! This is supposed to be for a ball! Not a club!" I yelled, hitting him on the arm. Pretending he was hurt, he rubbed his arm and jutted his bottom lip out.

"What's with you and hitting me today?" he pouted. Me and Jieun laughed at his failed aegyo but we were both interrupted when someone approached us confidently. Sungyeol suddenly grinned deviously.

"It' Sungyeol-ii!" Hoya greeted, with a wave. "Hey girls," he nodded to us, smiling nervously to Jieun. Sungyeol slung an arm around Hoya's shoulders and grinned at Jieun.

"So, hyung, what are you doing here?" he asked, raising his voice, suggesting he wanted us to listen in. "Are you busy?"

Hoya chuckled without a clue what Sungyeol was doing. He nodded with a smile plastered on his face. "Err, no I'm not. I just had to pick something up for my cousin-"

"Good, good," Sungyeol said. I laughed under my breathe and shook my head. Jieun and Hoya looked at each other suspiciously but he just shrugged. "Well why don't you come with us. You know....keep Jieun company," Sungyeol suggested. I huffed and rolled my eyes, knowing he would have found some way. Naive Hoya nodded and ended up being shoved over by Sungyeol towards Jieun who as expected just smiled politely. She didn't say anything but Hoya still looked very happy to have bumped into her.

I sighed and glared at Sungyeol, who seemed very happy with himself, and turned back to look at the dresses. He poked his head over my shoulder and grinned.

"Ah, I should become a matchmaker," he sighed. I shrugged my shoulder and shoved him off me which made him smirk.

"What did you even do exactly?" I said lazily.

"I got Hoya and Jieun together."

"You didn't really do much..."

"Okay then," he mumbled, walking up to me again and standing above me. He bent down and stared into my eyes grinning. "I got us two alone."