The New CEO

Oppa Hates You

A Little Conversation Between Lemonkuma and Woohyun

 

Le Woohyun: Why do you make me such a stupid character in your fanfiction, Lemonkuma?

Le me: *shakes head disappointedly* I didn't think you were that bad.

Le Woohyun: *frowns* But everyone is getting mad at me in the comments.

Le me:*flails arms about madly* No no, they just want you to be with Haneul.

Le Woohyun:*Pouts cutely* So do I. Can you change my character so he's not being a jerk in denial anymore?

Le me: *eyesmiles* Sure sure. One condition though...

Le Woohyun: *Raises eyebrow* Yes? Anything.

Le me: You must accept a few more surprises in this story, arasso?! *points finger like ahjumma and giggles*

Le Woohyun: *nods cautiously* Okay then. As long as I get to be with Haneul..... but I have a bad feeling about this.

 

Woohyun's POV

She sleeps so innocently it's amazing how in real life she's such a bully. Well to me anyway. Right now I should savor her angelic and peaceful condition before she wakes up and tortures me again. Although recently she's much nicer to me and doesn't look at me in disgust with pure hatred painted on her face anymore.

The News was on the TV, and even though I wasn't listening, I couldn't help but turn my attention when I heard Nam Coorporations was mentioned.

"....and the company is expecting major developments as a result of this news. With the new CEO soon to take over the business, there could be several new changes to...." the newsreporter read. New CEO?! I left Japan a few days ago and my father's already found my replacement?! Wow he's a horrible person. Not that I care to be the CEO anyway...

I looked back at Haneul and wondered what it would be like to live like her. She's fairly rich but not so much that she has the pressure I do. For a moment I began to think she'd started snoring but she was just breathing heavily as if she was having a bad dream. I reached up and brushed her fringe from her eyes to reveal her forehead beaded with sweat and her cheeks were flushed a violent red.

"Haneul?! Are you having a nightmare?" I whispered into her ear nervously. She didn't respond apart from shivering slightly. "It's alright, it's just a dream," I cooed.

"O....ppa..." she mumbled, still asleep.

"Ye-yes?" I stuttered, unsure of whether she was refering to me or not. If she was, that moment was just amazing. She actually felt for once comfortable enough around me to call me 'oppa' even if she was too embarassed to say it consciously.

"I'm.....so...rry..." she breathed shakily. I suppose she was talking to me.

"Why are you sorry? Sorry for what, Haneul?" I urged, slightly guilty that I was taking advantage of her in that state.

"Sorry.....I...." she mumbled. "I.....denied...my......"

"Your?"

"..........feelings...." she whispered, calming down slightly. Sorry she denied her feelings? What does that even mean? All that time she actually.....?

"Haneul, I'm not sure what you mean but I'm sorry too. I was naive and didn't understand that I liked you, and not in the same way as all those other girls either." She didn't reply and I knew she was completely asleep. Her cheeks were now a soft rosy pink and she was much calmer as well. A small content smile sat itself on her lips, making her look like a cute little doll. "Haneul...."

She rolled onto her side so she faced me and let out a gentle sigh. I really didn't want to leave someone as pure and honest as her. She never hid her true intentions. Maybe she hid her feelings but she never once acted as someone not herself to get to me- unlike most other girls I'd dated. I don't know if I'd ever find another girl like her...

"Haneul, I-" I was abruptly cut off by a desperate looking nurse stumbling into the room and breathing heavily, probably from running all the way across the building.

"Woohyun-ssi?! It's..." she panted. "It's your father. He's called for an emergency meeting with you!"

"What?! Now?!" I demanded. She nodded frantically and ushered me out of the room. I quickly pulled myself from her grasp and ran to Haneul's side one last time.

"Haneul, I'm sorry. You didn't even wake up to see me go, but I'm not saying goodbye." I picked up her hand and clutched onto it tightly, afraid she couldn't hear me. "I have to go. But I promise you....I'll come back to get you. And when I do we can both run away from this madness, okay? We can start afresh some place new, just believe in me. Wait for me? Please?" I pleaded one last time before kissing her hand and running out of the door. Once this meeting with my father is over and we've cleared up this mess, I can finally be with Haneul.

_______________________________

"Son, you've disappointed me," my father spoke, his voice cold and heavy like lead. It dripped authority that I couldn't answer back to. I had nothing to say. "I expected you to be understanding since you're 19 now but I was wrong to assume so. You don't seem to quite grasp the situation you're in."

He lounged back in his dark green leather armchair and spun his special black fountain pen he only used for important documents through his fingers. His eyes bore into me like fire. "There is no choice in this matter, Woohyun. As a forgiving father, I ignored your past behavior in the hopes that one day you'd grow up and put away childish things. And as of late, you seem to have done so. I haven't seen a random ty girl making herself at home in our house for quite a while now.

"The thing that does concern me, however, is the fact that you lack luster for our family's business. What do you have to say about this?"

I gulped nervously and wiped my palms on my trousers, despite my knees shaking vigorously. "Business isn't something I'm interested in. I never planned to take over the company since I always thought that was Boohyun's direction. I wanted to go into performing arts," I stated with conviction. My father nodded slowly, continuing to spin his pen through his fingers.

"Fair enough. But now you know that it is your job to do so. You must take responsibility," he said, his cold eyes drilling through my head.

"B-but I heard on the news that someone was already becoming the CEO," I stuttered, confused. My father chuckled deeply and narrowed his eyes at me dangerously.

"Yes someone is, Woohyun," he smirked. " And that person is you." His fountain pen suddenly slipped through his fingers and landed on the marble floor with a deathening toll that echoed throughout the building. I stood there still like a statue, letting his words slowly sink in and creep into my mind.

"Me.....? But I.......haven't agreed to anything," I mumbled hopelessly. This was like a nightmare. I couldn't believe he was making me go through this.

"It's like you don't know me at all, son. Don't you know I can do what I want? Including confirming your transition into the CEO title. I've already let everyone know, the media; other company heads; all the CEO's of East Asia....so unfortunately, backing out now would be absolutely humiliating for the whole family. There's no way you would dare bring such shame onto us by refusing to take on this role," my father reasoned with vicious undertones of smugness.

"That's blackmail!" I accused. He frowned and shook his head.

"No it's not, Woohyun. We're simply urging you to listen to your morals and make the right decision by accepting this offer," he said, sliding over a piece of paper for me to sign and his black fountain pen. I glared at them in disgust. "Sign the paper and then you may leave. It's as simple as that."

"What if I don't want to?" I said, thinking of how I would be losing Haneul. "What if I just want to live normally like I've been doing so far?"

"That's not an option. You see if you do that, our business may collapse from bad press coverage of the situation and we'd end up losing everything. It's better you just do it, son. Sign it now," he demanded. My heart sank as his words reached me and I understood what position I was in. There was no way out of it at all. And as soon as the ink touched the paper, all chances of running away with Haneul would vanish.

Cautiously I picked up my father's fountain pen and watched him smirk. I took a deep breath before furiously scribbling my signature onto the page, pressing the pen so hard that the table underneath would have an ingraving of it.

"Excellent! One last thing, there'll be a congratulatory party in a few days time for you and you're allowed to bring one guest. Don't worry we've invited your Infinite friends too. Well the ones who are son's of important companies anyway," he smirked. I turned away in disgust and then thew the pen at his face but missed and watched it smash into the wall to shatter into pieces before I stormed out without another word. My father was left contently drumming his fingers over the signature with smugness plastered across his face. He always gets his way.

I grabbed my helmet and leapt back onto my motorbike to speed away from anywhere near that man and raced back to Haneul who would be waiting for me. We can still run away together. Even if I've lost all my freedom, even if I can't pursue drama, even if I'm tied down by the company, at least I still have her.

___________________________________

"WHERE IS SHE?!" I demanded, violently shaking the nurse who had been attending to Haneul. "I asked her to wait for me so she should be here. Otherwise someone must have moved her!" I yelled into her face, causing her to tremble and flinch away from me. I sighed and let go as she took several steps away from me.

"Yoon Haneul woke up so we were able to discharge her. She left half an hour ago..." she whispered in a tiny voice. I stared fustratedly at the empty bed and closed my eyes. Haneul was probably once in this position.

I pinched the bridge of my nose and tilted my head back to calm down. With a raspy voice I whispered carefully. "Did she say anything before she left?"

"Erm..." the nurse began hesitantly. "She didn't say anything-"

"AISH!" I yelled, ruffling the back of my hair. "What am I supposed to do now? Find her? Is she playing a game with me to get back?!"

The nurse backed away slowly and I let her scurry off. Gradually my mind got carried away with possibilities and I came to the conclusion that she was with Sungyeol. I rejected her straight so now she's run back to Sungyeol for comfort just like I'd said she should. She was so happy on the phone to him anyway. He makes her laugh and smile...

What now? Do I have to fight for her?