Escape

Oppa Hates You

A/N Hey guys! If anyone is liking the new Japan influence for Woohyun's appearance then I'll help clarify the style. Just imagine Woohyun's hair in She's Back and then imagine it dark red. That kind of look. keke ^^

The next few moments consisted of kicks and punches too quick for me to keep track of. At one point, it seemed Woohyun was winning but Kyunghee was ruthless and gained the upper hand. Woohyun stopped the joking when he realized how vicious his opponent actually was and found himself being backed into a corner. His gaze darted around frantically as he panicked to find an escape. But Kyunghee didn't let him.

BAM! A straight punch to his stomach. Woohyun moaned and caved over, dropping his guard. BAM! Kyunghee had kneed him directly on his chin. Woohyun stumbled back, hunched over and wincing in pain.

"STOP!" I screamed. No one listened. The younger guy laughed at me. He didn't even bother tying me up again, seeing how weak I was.

I weeped as I watched Woohyun fall to the ground, his perfect face distorted by bruises and bleeding cuts. Kyunghee roughly grabbed hold of his jacket and pulled him up with one hand and punched his face with the other.

"Please..." I begged uselessly. Woohyun caught my eye, for a brief second, and put on a half smile along with flashing a wink. What is he doing?! He laughed quietly as he took another blow. I screamed again.

Suddenly Kyunghee had become tired and sent a chain of punches into Woohyun's face but he dodged every one of them. With every miss from Woohyun's speedy reactions, Kyunghee became more irritated. He yelled in frustration as he leapt in the air and tried to fly kick Woohyun's face but again failed. Woohyun saw it coming and stopped him with a sharp front kick, blocking the attack and landing a blow straight into Kyunghee's chin with a gruesome cruch at the same time. Kyunghee slumped to the floor in agony.

Woohyun was about to finish off with one last blow but the other guy made a move to attack. I pulled myself off the chair, picking up the pipe and hit him square on the back of his head, causing him to fall over. Woohyun heard the noise, turned to me and when he saw the guy get up again, he grabbed my hand to run out of the building. 

"Run with me," he whispered in my ear as we were greeted with a dewy sunrise glow.

"Woohyun....I can't," I mumbled, my legs actually turning to jelly. He looked at me in panic but smiled knowingly.

"Don't worry just believe in me, okay?" he grinned. I nodded and we ran fast away from shouts that echoed from the abandoned building. The shouts were becoming louder and I shot a glance over my shoulder to see the two guys hot on our heels. I whimpered and clung onto Woohyun for dear life. He smiled down at me smugly as he suddenly yanked me around a corner and ran to a glossy expensive looking motorbike parked by the edge of a road. The area was completely derelict so the only person who the motorbike could have belonged to was Woohyun.

"Hop on, Haneul. I'm getting us out of here," he said, catching his breathe and passing me a helmet. I did what he said without thinking and climbed onto the bike, wrapping my arms tightly around Woohyun's torso. He started the engine just as the thugs came running around the corner and we sped away from the sight. Quickly the building and the two guys were just small specks in the distance.

I still couldn't relax though, even as we hit a familiar motorway. I continued to cling shamelessly onto Woohyun and rested my head into his warm, broad back. The feeling reminded me of the time that he had cycled me to school. Now things are much more complicated then before.

We raced quickly through the roads of Seoul, weaving dangerously in between cars, so quickly in fact that I was 90% sure we were breaking the speed limit. My heart continued to drum relentlessly inside my head and I think Woohyun felt the same.

As we reached a bridge that crossed the Han River, Woohyun parked the motorbike by the roadside and got off to stretch. He walked to the edge and leaned over to peer at the river. I stumbled shakily behind him and balanced myself, grabbing hold of the railing and sighed at the sunrise that slowly emerged over the horizon and cast a brilliant orange tinge to the sky. He looked at me from the corner of his eye and warmly smiled.

"It's been a while," he whispered. I avoided his gaze and nodded.

"I missed you," I said, plucking up the courage. "You disappeared without a word."

"I didn't need to explain myself to you. We're just strangers now."

"Yeah you seem like it," I laughed, staring at him. "You look completely different!"

He laughed and ruffled his new cut. "It's a new change." Your appearance isn't the only thing that has changed, Woohyun.

"And the motorbike?" I questioned, eyeing the expensive thing.

"That's the first thing I did when I got back since I'm now old enough. I stole the money from my dad and there it is, ready for an adventure," he chuckled. The sun's glare was perfectly horizontal now and bathed the whole sky and city in it's warm light. I searched deeply in Woohun's face to find answers or even clues but he showed nothing.

"Why did you come back? How did you know I was kidnapped? Why didn't you come to school? Have you eaten yet?" I bombarded. His eyes widened as he stared at me.

"Want me to answer it all?" I nodded shamelessly. "Alright then, where to start. Well I came back to Korea for many reasons. Firstly I didn't want to carry on studying in Japan to take over the business. That lifestyle isn't for me- being tied down to work. Also I miss Korea..." He trailed off. I felt like he had more to say but he didn't continue. "I didn't go back to school because I was trying to keep a low profile. If I caused too much trouble then my father would kill me and he'd know exactly where to find me."

"And just now...you found...me?" I mumbled.

"Ah yeah," he sighed, standing up straight. "Sungyeol called me. He said he'd found your phone charm on the ground and you were nowhere to be seen. I guessed that someone had kidnapped you because that charm was important wasn't it. That's why it took so long; I searched all over Seoul in all the gang hideouts to find you."

"Right...and......have you eaten?" He burst out laughing and wiped away invisible tears, shaking his head. I smiled and started to feel light-headed again. "Ugh..."

"Haneul?! Are you alright?! Haneul? Ha...neul....?" Woohyun called, his voice getting further and further away from me. Soon I was enveloped in darkness as I felt myself fall comfortably into his arms. I out.

_______________________

Woohyun's POV

Seeing Haneul lying gracefully on the white hospital sheets wasn't at all comforting to me. She should be awake and healthy and yelling lectures at me. The last time I was in this hospital, I was the one in that bed and she came to keep me company everyday, even though I had no idea who she was. All I knew was that she was like an angel to me, always there, always beautiful.

I sighed, irritated that I was the reason she was here, and strolled to the reception desk.

"What did the doctor say? How long will she be here?" I asked.

"She's suffered de-hydration, shock and stress so at the moment depending on how severe it is, she could be released as soon as she wakes up. Although that might be quite a while," the receptionist said. She looked at me curiously and tilted her head for a moment, eyeing my face. "Were you a patient here recently?"

"Yeah I was. Nam Woohyun."

"Ah yes!" she jumped, putting up a finger. All of a sudden she ran into the office and came back out with two objects. One a flask and another a paper folded into a diamond shape. "These were left in your room before you left abruptly. I think they belong to you since that girl, Yoon Haneul, put them there for you. Unfortunately we had to throw away the jook but the note is untouched."

"Ugh," I muttered, rubbing the back of my head awkwardly. "Thanks."

I walked back into Haneul's room and sat in her chair to read the note. At first I wanted to throw it away but curiosity got the better of me as I unfolded it expectantly.

Woohyun, you idiot. it began. Now you get cold jook~ mehrong! I chuckled at her childishness and looked longingly at her baby-like face, pure and naive. Why didn't you tell me this morning that you wouldn't be here? Did you want to make me wait for you? I never wanted that. I wanted you to move on and forget about me. Even get together with Sungyeol, just not me. Well tough, I'm not waiting here. Where ever you are, don't forget what I taught you. My wisdom should always be kept in mind! See you soon, Haneul

You always knew I'd come back. Maybe I'll stay here a bit longer but...things aren't the same now, Haneul. How can I tell you?