Morning Lift

Oppa Hates You

I had strategy. This WILL work, I'll be avoiding awkward situations from now on. One day left before the weekend when I wouldn't be bothered by trying to get revenge or difficult stuff like that.

I peeped out my door and looked to the next house along, it seemed to be peaceful and quiet. Suddenly the door opened and Woohyun stepped out. When he saw me he waved and gave a cheerful smile. I rolled my eyes and shut the door again.

I could finally relax this morning since I wouldn't have to leave as early as usual. I sat back down at the breakfast table and smiled at my brother's bicycle that he let me have. He'd already left for school with a lift from our mum so it was just me in the house.The clock ticked peacefully and I giggled at the passing time. If I walked I might not have gotten to school on time by now. I sighed, getting up, and pushed the bike to the door with my bag on my shoulder. I was leaving 15 minutes later than usual, I hope that leaves me enough time to get there.

When I opened the door, I was greeted for the second time.

"Woohyun-ssi?! What are you doing still here?! Have you been waiting all this time?!" I yelled at the guy leaning on the garden gate. He looked slightly sad when I said that.

"Should I have not?" he asked uneasily. I shook my head and pushed the bike out of the door. He stood there awkwardly and scratched the back of his neck.

"Why did you wait here anyway?" I put my school bag into the basket on the front and my leg over the seat to sit down.

"I thought I'd be walking to school with you today..."

"Why would you think that, now you'll be late." He sighed and started to look worried, making noises and tapping his foot on the ground while I put my headphones on. 

"You're right....what am I going to do," he whined. I rolled my eyes.

"Take the bus," I said bluntly. He sighed and shook his head, turning out his pockets.

"I don't have change." I gave him a hard,disbelieving look.

"What kind of guy- ah, I don't care it's none of my business." I got on the seat and started to push the bike but Woohyun immediately held the back of the seat.

"Hey....can I...." he took in a deep breath. "Do you mind giving me a lift? I'll be late and I waited for you as well." He looked really pitiful. I felt sorry for him so I couldn't refuse.

"Fine. Get on the back and don't make any noise, got it?" He winced and tilted his head, looking away. "What is it now?"

"It's weird if you're doing the cycling and I'm holding on to you. People will think I'm weird. Can we swap places?" I feel like punching this guy. I got off the bike and sat sideways on the rack with my ankles crossed. He smiled and sat on the seat and started pedalling.

The moring was chilly but the air was clear and the sun cast bright, sharp beams down on us. The frosty morning breeze whipped through my hair as we raced down the hill towards the main road. My face was starting to freeze so I hid behind Woohyun's back but suddenly he turned the corner and I got knocked off balance, quickly wrapping my arms around his waist to stay on. I heard him chuckle but I didn't care since I'd rather my face was on his back then on the road.

As we reached nearer the school, I saw more and more people we knew walking. There were a lot of shocked stares and whisperings and I began to feel uncomfortable. Especially since my arms were around Woohyun- I wouldn't want people to get the wrong idea.

"I think you should walk from here," I whispered. He nodded, getting the message, and stopped the bike by the side. I quickly paced towards the gates with the bike as soon as he got off, not bothering to check if he was following. The whispering had stopped but I knew some people had already seen. That guy is causing me trouble now.

Why did he wait for me this morning? I never asked him to. Does he still think I like him? Maybe he's trying to win me over like the other girls. I should just play along and essentially bring him down in the end! Ugh, I don't want to be a girl who leads guys on, but it is what he does- but not to guys though..... There has to be an easier way to get at him.

"Namu! What's up hyung?" I heard behind me.

"Oh hey, it's cool, Yeol." Sungyeol-ssi! He's good friends with Woohyun afterall. I heard an 'Alright, catch you later' and then someone jogging up to me.

"Morning, Haneul! You by yourself?" Sungyeol was leaning over me as I locked up the bike in the shed. I never realised actually how tall he was.

"Uh yeah."

"Hey, um about yesterday's dancing." I could see where this was going. "What was that act for?" Or maybe not. Shouldn't have trusted my crappy acting skills. I tilted my head up at him while we both walked into the building.

"You probably know." He chuckled and nodded his head, flashing me that same gummy smile.

"If it weren't for Dance, I would have gone into acting. I can tell the difference between someone putting on a show and someone who's actually interested in me. You were doing it for Woohyun weren't you?" he asked me as we both walked into registration. I shamefully nodded, disappointed that I was found out so easily. "But you don't like him. I know why you're doing this, however I'm not going to say anymore than that." He sat down on the desk in front of mine and folded his legs up with a blissful grin, looking as ethereal as Bhudda.

"You know my plan? How smart are you?" I asked him. He laughed but didn't say anything. After a while he spoke up again.

"I'll help you." I blinked at that comment."I was there when he broke up with Soyeon. And I know about all the other times too. I don't like it and I can't stop it. If you can, I'll help you when you need it. Just......don't use me again."

"I'm so sorry about that. I'm not brave to do anything myself," I quietly replied, looking down guiltfully.

"Sungyeollie-oppa! Why were you not replying to my texts yesterday? Do you not like me anymore?" a squeeky girl with a curvy figure whined at him from the other side of the room. Sungyeol turned around as she walked over and clung onto his arm like an octopus.

"Aw, baby. Oppa had some business, I'm sorry. I'll make time for you today," he cooed, pinching her cheek and forgetting I was there. For some reason my heart started to hurt so I sat back and took a few breathes. I must be over working myself.

Soyeon came in, the bell rang, and the morning went on as usual. Until first period.....

Woohyun was waiting for me outside of our registration class. As soon as I walked through the door and he saw me, his face lit up like it was Christmas. The poor lamb.

"Why are you stalking me? Don't cling to me like I'm your mum, it's creepy," I said.

"Well I didn't get a chance to walk with you this morning so I'm walking with you to class now," he said, incredibly satisfied. All around me, whispers began to spread and I heard my name several times along with 'who the hell is that?'. I thought this might happen. I quickened my pace, trying to leave him behind.

But as usual, that guy won't stop following me.