Multiple Personalities

Oppa Hates You

Photobucket   Photobucket

A/N: TT^TT it's been a while. I really just didn't have the time recently, but I'm back now and I'll be putting up more chapters! Please wait patiently! ^^ I made these two very quick crappy gifs for you guys since I'm busy with exams; that's why I'm less frequent with updates ;A; Anywho...enjoy the chapter!

 

"Haneul sweetie, are you busy today?" my dad asked, wrapping a tie around his collor. I sat on the stairs and watched him amazed. It was so strange that my father was actually home after so many years and yet it felt completely natural at the same time.

"No, I don't have any lessons today. Just revision, though I've done enough already," I said, my eyes not peeling from him for a second. He looked at me from the corner of his eye and grinned as he caught me staring.

"That's good. I thought you might like to come with me to work today; you could learn a bit about my job and get started yourself," he said casually, not really sounding like he was asking but more making a statement. I wasn't going to refuse, even though I worked out later that I should have protested. I don't want to get started in his field of work. It's not something I've got talent in.

Fifteen minutes later, after a short drive, I snapped out of my daze and bathing in the sunshine my father brought with him. Maybe I was blindly agreeing to everything because I didn't want to upset my father, but in actual fact, the old me would have said something. I shouldn't be going along with this.

"Dad?" I asked as he drove us to where ever.

"Hmm?" he hummed casually, tapping his hands on the steering wheel to the beat of a song on the radio. I bit my lip and frowned out of the window.

"Where are we going, exactly?" The road wound up a steep hill on the edge of Seoul. It was blanketed with a lush lime green layer of trees that let warm streams of sun through to create a light dappled path all the way to the top. The silver ribbon-like strip we drove on took us meandering to the peak where the trees thinned out.

"Well we won't be going to the office today. We're visiting one of the places the company used to fund," he said, pausing for a moment to frown. "I think we might still do, but not as much. The Kims took over for us not long ago."

"Oh, is it philanthropy work?"

"Yes! Exactly that, Haneul my dear! It's a shame we can't support them as much anymore." The car came to a stop as we drove into an enclosed area that seemed to be a play centre of sorts. It was a warm and sunny area with a colourful building in the centre and a playground on it's right. At some points around the place, you could see the whole of Seoul below. We got out and I took a long stretch. "You coming in?"

I nodded and followed my dad to the building. Just as I was about to step in, I heard guitar music coming from near by. Following the soft sounds, my eyes travelled around until I looked up and saw a guy lounging lazily in a tree, strumming his guitar. He had a peaceful smile playing on his lips, making me smile too- until of course he opened his eyes and looked down so I could see who it was. All music abruptly stopped. I gasped and my eyes shot wide open as his did too, but he was the first to come out of surprise.

"You're here?! Was that your dad?" he asked from the tree, his legs swinging as he continued to run his fingers across his guitar strings again. I nodded and narrowed my eyes. Myungsoo nodded once sharply and turned away again. "He here to get rid of you?"

"What..?" I asked hesitantly. He started to hum along to the tune he was playing.

"You know...get rid of you. As in leave you here." I slowly shook my head. Myungsoo scowled at me from the corner of his eye, seeing how clueless I was. "Since this is an orphanage and all. Get it?" he spat.

I huffed and put my hands on my hips to say, "That wasn't a very funny joke and you shouldn't say it. That's not nice."

"I'm not a nice person," he sighed, not really caring what I say. He smirked as he sat up to play properly, singing along this time.

"Haneul, oh Haaa~neul! So clueless that she causes people trouble. So blunt that it's almost hurtful. So ignorant that it's~ ooh! Haa~neul!" he sang spitefully, glaring at me at the same time.

"Shut up, would you?" I growled. "You're such an irritating little kid." Myungsoo just laughed at that comment. "So annoying..." I huffed, turning away and marching into the building to find my dad. I could still hear the music and his laughter as I searched the halls.

Finally, I spotted my dad in a room, discussing something with another man. He smiled as I walked in and held my hand. 

"Oh, so this is your daughter. It's been a while, how are you Haneul?" the man asked, extending his arm. I took his hand with my brightest smile.

"I've entrusted Haneul to take over now, seeing as I haven't had much success. She's a bright young girl, I'm sure she'll pick everything up quickly," my father said, giving my hand a squeeze. My heart fluttered and I couldn't help but nod, though I really should have confessed I wasn't actually suited to do this.

"Well, I'm sure you're saying the truth. I'll be looking forward to working with you in the near future, yes?" Mr.Kim asked, eyebrows raised. The two men smiled at me expectantly until the pressure simply made me nod again. "Good! This place needs more aid and sponsoring, since our company can't sustain all it's minor projects. Are you interested at all in this orphanage?"

"Umm, yes. I'm very enthusiastic about charity work," I confessed.

Mr. Kim clapped his hands together with a grin. "Wonderful! You could get to know the place a bit if you want? Me and your father will be discussing other business for a while." At that moment the trill of a bell rang and the pitter-patter of tiny feet and children's laughter flowed through the building. "Ah, the children have finished their classes. It must be lunch time already."

"Haneul, why don't you play with the kids for a while. I'll be a few minutes," my father whispered, ushering me out of the door. Without knowing, I was on m own again. Suddenly, something hit my legs and I heard a small thump. Looking down I saw a young boy had fallen and was now glaring at me on the ground. I gasped and reached out my hand to him but he slapped it away and got up himself.

"I'm sorry. Are you alright?" I asked as the boy stood there furiously glaring at me, his cheeks puffed up and red.

"Why would you make me fall?! You're so mean!" he screamed. I stepped back in shock, not knowing what to do. A small girl about the same age walked up to him and hit the back of his head with an 'ugh!'.

"You're such a bother, Jeongmin! She said 'sorry' so why are you harassing her?!" the girl tutted, pulling his collor and dragging him outside, ignoring his protests. Awkwardly, I followed them outside where fruit drinks and iced tea were being served by a stand. The two kids ran to the front of the line and took their drinks, walking to the shade under the trees.

"Min, why are you doing this?!" Jeongmin whined. The girl smiled and ignored him. She spotted me and waved me over.

"Unnie, Jeongmin says he's sorry for bumping into you. He was just embarassed before," Min smiled.

"No I wasn't! And I'm not sorry either!" the boy huffed, getting up and running off. My gaze followd him and I saw him run to the other side of the playground. It looked like he had run to Myungsoo who was sitting with a young girl and playing his guitar to her.

"Unnie, who are you staring at like that?! You look really angry!" Min said, staring up at me. I looked at her grinned.

"Do you know that guy?" I said, pointing to Myungsoo. Min nodded. "Does he come here often?" She nodded again.

"L-oppa! He comes here almost everyday!" she sang, suddenly getting up and walking off to where he was.

"Wait up!" I called, running after her. "L-oppa?!"

"Yeah, that's what the kids call him." Min sat down beside him. I stood a bit away as I watched the three kids sway to his guitar playing and singing. Myungsoo peered up at me through his eyelashes and smirked evilly, suddenly changing the song.

"Haneul~ooh! She's arrived again to make people annoyed! Oooh~!" he sang as the kids continued to smile, having no idea who he was singing about. This guy is the worst influence for these kids ever! I can't believe they even let Myungsoo anywhere near children, he would turn them all into annoying little brats like himself. He's just a big kid with no kindness!

Out of nowhere, a boy around 5 years old came up to Myungsoo with a pot of creamy liquid and two halves of a Bungeoppang. He was streaming hot tears from his eyes continuously. Myungsoo dropped his guitar immediately and put his hands on the boy's shoulders with a look of extreme concern I'd never seen before.

"Ryul?! What's wrong?!" he soothed the boy, his expression entirely soft and caring, unlike before. I was almost taken a back. "Is it the Bungeoppang?"

The boy nodded, wiping his runny nose on his sleeve. He handed over the two broken pieces of the fish and sobbed a bit more. Myungsoo frowned as he studied it.

"It's not too bad. It's not completely split or anything, so don't cry," Myungsoo hummed, rubbing the boy's back. But he just cried more. "Ryul, shhhh... We can fix him, okay? Look, use some of this batter."

Very carefully, he scooped out some of the creaming liquid from the pot and spread it on one piece to act as glue and wedged the tail back on it. He smiled and handed it back to the boy. "See? He's all better and has his tail again! Don't worry, once you put him back in the frying pan, he'll have his tail attached again. So don't cry anymore, alright?"

Ryul's eyes suddenly lit up like fireworks and after a quick hug with Myungsoo, he rushed off again as fast as he came. I let out a short breathe, shaking my head at how amazingly strange Myungsoo was sometimes. He frowned at me and cocked his head curiously.

"What? Why are you laughing?" he grinned. I shook my head.

"You have multiple personalities, have you ever noticed?" I joked. His eyes widened and so did his smile.

"Really? I hadn't noticed. I thought I was constantly amazing!" he teased, putting his hands behind his head and leaning on a tree. 

"Oh, please." I giggled, seeing the childrens' heads turn back and forth from me and Myungsoo as if they were watching a tennis tounament. "You're not that amazing."

"Not that amazing, but still amazing, you mean?" He raised his eyebrows and tilted his head. I blushed and put my hands to my face, pretending I was facepalming, to conceal it. "You still like me."

"WHAT?!" I screamed. Min looked at me in surprise, then to Myungsoo, then giggled to herself. "No I don't. I absolutely don't." Min and Myungsoo snickered together as I glared at him.

"Oh, really?"

"Yes. I've moved on. I have Sungjong now," I suddenly said out of nowhere, instantly regretting it. I clamped my hands over my mouth as the kids gasped.

It was silent for a while. Myungsoo's face had become dark and unreadable. He sighed and picked up his guitar again, wordlessly. Another bell rang from the distance and, unwillingly, the kids got up and walked back into the building. Myungsoo also followed them without looking at me once. I pressed my eyes shut, sitting where he'd been with a heavy sigh.

"Maybe I am blunt and clueless and ignorant. Maybe that does hurt and annoy people," I muttered after a while. I looked around at the deserted playground that reminded me of more simple times."Maybe he's right."

"Of course I'm right," Myungsoo said, suddenly coming from behind. He held two iced tea drinks in his hands. I looked at him in shock as he handed me one with a shrug. "I'm always right."

"Is that why those girls hate me?" I muttered, sadly staring down at the drink. "Is it because I'm too oblivious?"

Myungsoo sighed with a chuckle and wrapped his arm around my shoulders casually, pulling me in to rest on his shoulder. I put my head on his chest without thinking. "You're really stupid, aren't you? Those girls don't dislike you for what you've done. The fact that you're perfect is why they hate you. I guess they hate you since you're naive and ungrateful too."

"Ungrateful?! Oh, dear lord. I'm ungrateful and I don't even know what for?" I sobbed. Myungsoo laughed and put his chin on my head.

"You're ungrateful for the many people who are always there for you and love you and take care of you. Those girls are horrible and jealous of you because you're always protected," he whispered. "And Infinite are on your side. They hate that."

"Wow. I never realised how naive I can be," I smiled, sitting up straight again. "Thanks for making me feel better."

"I made you feel better?" Myungsoo said, his dark chocolate eyes smiling without humor. I'd said something wrong. "I wasn't trying to. I was just telling you how dumb you actually are."

"Excuse me?! What did you say?!"

"Don't pretend you didn't hear when I know you did. It's the truth: you're really stupid."

"Just shut up now, Myungsoo. I don't know anyone else who's as immature as you!" I raged.

"You can talk... bringing up Sungjong as if that comment could protect you," he huffed, looking away to the distance.

"Protect me, what-" I complained but got sharply cut off by Myungsoo as he whipped his head around angrily and grabbed my arm. I stiffened at his touch but the more I moved away, the tighter he gripped.

"You don't seriously think he actually likes you like he shows it, do you? You don't seriously think this, right?" he scoffed, biting his tongue. He pulled me sharply when I tried to loosen his grip. "Sungjong doesn't actually like you, he's pretending so you don't feel abandoned when Woohyun leaves you."

"H-how did you know.....I like Woohyun....?" I stuttered, not believing anything he was saying. None of it made sense. I had absolutely no idea and yet...is this proving how stupid I am? Like he just said?

"I know what you're like so I could tell you liked him. It didn't take long to work out, though I tried to ignore it at first. You know Sungjong was just being nice, right?" His voice put on a joking tone aas he chuckled deeply. "I mean who would actually like you? Seriously think about it," he laughed.

"You know, you're a real . Why are you so rude?!" I yelled into his face, trying to be as offensive as possible so he'd move away. He didn't though, as he retorted back.

"It's not about me! If you're feeling insecure then good!" Myungsoo shouted back. "I'm just trying to help you. What if you got your hopes up and found out later that no one actually likes you like you thought? I'm basically saving you that pain by telling you now that no one-"

He never got to finish that sentence as the side of his face cleanly met the palm of my hand with a strong slap. He turned away from me, eyes wide like a deer and a face rapidly reddening. He was in complete shock.

"You're a real jerk. If no one likes me, then there's no way in hell that anyone would even look at you!" I screamed into his face, getting up and staring down at him. "This is why I broke up with you."

"Haneul!" He got up aswell and faced me, his face so close his nose was almost touching mine. "You forgot, I'm the one who broke up with you."

"Mmm.." I smiled, my eyes boring into his. "Another favour, yes? Thanks for that, saving me the trouble again."

Without another word, I twisted on my heels and stormed away, feeling satisfied I'd fought for myself as best as I could. About 30 seconds later, I found I didn't really have a place to storm off to. Watching the locked car we'd come here in, I sighed, slightly embarassed. If I turned around then, I'm sure I'd see a snickering Myungsoo. Instead, I decided to walk off down the hill by myself.

___________________________________________________________

 

Woohyun's POV

 

"You're taking her out today. I told you already but you seriously never listen, do you?" my father sighed, putting his feet up as he lounged back to read his newspaper. "Would you look at this! Front page! Rediculous!"

"Dad- I mean Director... I really don't want to today. Please just let me-" I begged him but he expectedly interrupted.

"It's outragious!" My father held up the news paper to me to read the title. "What are they trying to do? Stir up trouble; make factless rumours?! Well at least they don't now about that girl, Hani, you like or whatever."

The main headline read: "Nam Woohyun's mysterious girl revealed to be future fiance!" which was followed by two photos. The first, which I had to cringe at, was of me carrying Haneul away from that scene outside of the party. Her face was covered by her hair though, so I could let out a small breathe. The other photo was a picture of Mirae, her face clearly identifiable, stepping out of our house with Seyoung and Yumi. Those damn reporters have assumed that Haneul was Mirae?!

"At least this saves you a lot of trouble, hasn't it, Woohyun?" my father continued. "But it's caused the Jungs a bit of trouble. They're getting some stress from the media who think that Mirae was that girl making a havoc at the party."

I had no words to say at that moment. The media is something I can't deal with very well. "Well....what should I do?"

"Do what I told you. If you won't take her out because of the media business, then take her out because she won that hunting competition you set the girls up to do. She's very sweet and you're not being all that nice to her."

I sighed and nodded to our personal driver, briskly following him to the car, already dressed in semi-formal wear. Maybe I'll just be patient today. Maybe I won't go against my father's wishes for a while. Maybe I'll ignore my father's actions to Haneul for the moment and be nice to Mirae, who actually deserved some attention.

After a twenty minute drive, the car pulled up by a huge mansion that was situated deep into the mountainous hills, almost entirely secluded. It was almost as big as my house but the area was more green and quiet.

"Please ask for Mirae-agassi, young master," the driver said as I stepped out and looked up at the tall metal gates. The sound of the car driving away shocked me when I turned around. Was he really leaving me here alone?!

"Tsk. Guess I'm on my own then." I turned back to the building and rang the bell. There was no answer. I rang again and still all was dead silent. "Hmph. Maybe nobody's home?"

Suddenly the gate clacked open and I hesitantly walked in. Surprisingly the front door also opened by itself and I stepped into the house, feeling like a burglar. It was pretty strange and spooky, especially since I hadn't seen anyone near by either. "Helloo~!" I yelled, shivering when my own voice echoed back to me.

A quiet sound of footsteps came from my right and I sighed when I saw a maid walk up to me in surprise. She didn't look like she was expecting anyone at all. "Wh-wh-who are you?!" she trembled. "Are you-"

"Woohyun? Yes, I'm here to take Mirae-agassi out for the day. Is she in?" I said confidently, teasing her with a dashing smile. All flustered and blushing, she nodded and turned to the magnificant double staircase that climbed to the second floor.

"A-a-agassi! Mirae-agassi! There's a young man here to see you!" she cried. As soon as she stopped, she hurried away again with her head hung low and her cheeks burning red. I chuckled under my breathe, remembering that it was the usual reaction I used to entertain myself with.

After waiting a long and dreadful five minutes by myself in a house that was practically empty, I finally heard a noise from the second floor. It was small and quiet at first, a sort of muffled talking. But then, all of a sudden out of nowhere, Mirae burst through a door and ran across the landing, dressed in a ninja-style outfit with a black mask across her face. She screamed out a war cry as she dramtically leaped onto the stair banister and slid down it with great speed.

My jaw dropped open as I watched a strange scene unfold. At the top, four more ninja-like people burst through the door Mirae had come out of and ran down the stairs after her, shouting out unintelligible words. Mirae raced past me, snatching my wrist as I stood stock still with my eyes wide open. She yanked me away and ran out the front door, pulling me with her.

"Run! Now!" she yelled as I looked at her in bewilderment. Soon, after running out of the gate and down the road, the four other ninjas were small specks in the distance. The two of us stopped to catch our breaths. "You run fast. I'm impressed."

"Thanks. Why we were running, though, I have no idea," I breathed heavily, my hands on my knees. I looked up at Mirae and narrowed my eyes. She didn't look tired at all, although maybe she was and I couldn't tell because she had a mask on her face.

"It's training," she said bluntly. I gave her a disbelieving look and she frowned. "For fun, of course. I train for fun."

"You train....in those clothes...for fun?"

"Yes. I do. And what do you do?" she asked, pulling the mask off and untying her hair. Her long brown waves fell like a waterfall across her shoulders as she raked her fingers through them.

"I dance and sing for fun," I replied hesitantly. "Doesn't that seem more normal?"

"Not for me. Normal is what you just saw."

"Umm...anyway," I said, scratching the back of my neck awkwardly. It was a bit weird that she was dressed in broad daylight like a historical warrior but I didn't want to comment since she was sending me death glares. "I'm taking you out today. What would you like to do?"

"Take me out? What for?" she said stoicly. I shrugged and she put a finger to her lip to think. "Can't be bothered to do anything really. Let's just go to a cafe."

In the end, I'd found myself walking down a highstreet beside her to a cafe whilst we both got strange stares. Mirae didn't seem to care and boldly strode into the cafe of her choice, straight away going to the second floor. I assumed this was her special cafe as she sat comfortably in a seat that overlooked the buildings opposite.

"I'm going to the bathroom for a moment," she said, getting up quickly after I nodded her to go. I noticed she even had a  haedong jingeom strapped to her waist. Is it okay to carry a sword like that around in public?

Lazily, I stared out of the window at the street below. My chin rested on my palm as I pouted at the happy people busying themselves with shopping and ordinary things. A particular person caught my eye. Instantly I became interested, taking my hand off of my face, and intently watched the scene on the other side of the road.

Haneul looked really angry and flustered as she marched down the road. Wasn't really anything new, except that someone had jogged up to her and was trying to talk to her. It was Myungsoo.

Unconciously, I clenched my fists and gritted my teeth. Why was he making my Haneul angry?! Though I could hear nothing, I still watched as she turned around and started arguing with him. She huffed cutely, her face flushed bright pink, and turned to storm off again. Myungsoo seemed deflated and dragged his feet behind her.

Another, younger looking person came up to them from in front, making Haneul smile brightly and link arms with him. Sungjong shrugged as Myungsoo scowled at the two of them. They both happily skipped off together out of my sight with Myungsoo tiredly following them. I sighed, wondering if I'll ever get the chance to tiredly follow Haneul around like I used to.

I missed the times when it was just us.

 

_______________________________________________

A/N: Yadong hug..... just for youzs! XD