Haneul's Christmas 2

Oppa Hates You

"Ah no! Don't do that kind of thing!Oww."

"You started it. Did I hurt you?"

"NO! I just wasn't ready. You're too good."

"Okay, this might hurt. I'm not going easy on you."

"STOP! That's cheating!!!" Woohyun just laughed and kept on. I hate this guy.

"Ugh, play fair! How am I supposed to beat you if you block all of my moves?" I yelled at him.

"Do you even know how to play Portal 2?" He fell back and laughed hysterically on the floor. "I guess you deserve this loss for beating me in MarioCart every round."

"You can't even play that game. Okay lets play Tekken Hybrid," I told him shoving his leg which had ended up almost on my lap.

"Nah, I'm tired," he sighed, sitting up again.

"Aish, lazy..." I shoved him again. He whipped his head round and his teeth at me so I just laughed. I got a well deserved shove to the ground for that.

"I'm hungry. Are we not having lunch?" Woohyun asked.

"We don't eat until dinner time in this house," I told him. "Why are you on your own anyway. Couldn't you have gone to Sungyeol's house?"

He sighed. "He's away at his grandparent's place. I don't really know what to do at this time since usually I'd invite some girls over. I guess I am lazy this year," he mumbled, looking around my living room. He's still a player.

"Well, sorry you had to spend your Christmas here."

"No it's actually a lot more fun than my usual Christmas. I don't really like girls like you think I do. It's just boring otherwise is all." He looked down and started playing with the edge of the carpet. Can't he sit still? "I'm glad I could spend it with you."

"It's alright. I can't play these games on my own anyway." He looked up at me with bright eyes that glittered with the light from the Christmas tree. "I'm talking about Portal and Mariocart by the way." He nodded and looked away again. I really can't tell what he's thinking sometimes. "How is the performance coming along?"

"Mmm...it's good."

"Is that all?" He nodded. "Aish what's your problem. Aigoo you're always sulking! Cheer up for once," I told him.

"Why do you care if I'm sulking or not?" he retorted. He's right, why do I care?

"Because it's Christmas and you're making me depressed!" He looked like he wanted to cry. "You're older than me but you're acting like a kid. Smile!" I put on my best smile which ended up limiting my vision a lot. I couldn't see well but I think I saw Woohyun chuckle and put on the same smile. He looked really pretty, which was quite disturbing since his expression was cute but his body was y. I can't blame him for being a player really.

"You have a nice smile," I said without thinking. He laughed and ruffled my hair. I tsked and slapped his hand away.

"Falling for me?" he asked with a smirk.

"Quit with that attitude already." He looked confused for a moment but then softened and sighed.

"Sorry. I'm used to acting stupid." Wow, that's a new confession! "You think I'm a player right?" I nodded without hesitation. "I'm not actually." I glared. "Okay, it may seem like it but what am I supposed to do? I can't go out with one damn girl without finding out she doesn't actually like me. "

I nodded and patted him on the shoulder. He looked up at me desperately but I turned away.

"Sort this problem out yourself, Woohyun. You're 19," I said. Woohyun gave an agreeing sound and then he fell back on the floor again and began rolling around. I got irritated when he started . "Yah!" He paused and looked at me apologetically.

"Can't you help me? I didn't mean to build this image for myself," he whispered. I felt almost sorry for him. But Soyeon is my best friend and Woohyun is my enemy.

"You don't deserve my help. You don't deserve anyone's help. If you want to stop being stupid, then go away and repent. That's all the help I can give you," I said, standing up and sitting on the sofa. He nodded and stared at me with small glittering eyes.

"You're right. You could be as angry as you want but you aren't. Because you do want to help me, right? I know what I have to do now. All I can do is thank you, Haneul. You know me better than anyone else somehow," Woohyun stated confidently.

"What are you talking about? You know what, I don't care. Just...don't make things complicated for yourself again. I won't be coming to your rescue."

He nodded and left. That was it.

 

_______________

I sat on my own in the kitchen, listening to the sweet melody of the music box my brother gave me. The little horses danced inside like a fairytail, playing their song as they flew around inside the little trinket. It was nearing 4 o'clock and already the sky was dark. I began to worry what Woohyun was up to; he left really abruptly.

The music suddenly stopped so I turned the key several times and the horses danced again. It had been like this for almost an hour whilst I debated whether I should make sure Woohyun wasn't getting into any trouble. I shook my head and decided to call Soyeon.

"Soyeon, how is your Christmas coming along?" I spoke down the phone.

"It's so embarassing with my uncles, aunts and cousins over. My grandma keeps showing them my talent show recordings from when I was eight! Ugh! How about you?" she said.

"It's the usual. Oh except Woohyun came over since he's our neighbour." I heard an intake of breath. "He's gone now."

"Why was he at your house? Did you....do something?"

"I tried to lecture him but he just took it in and left. I would have beaten the crap out of him but he was just sad."

"Ah, at least you're getting somewhere. Now that you're closer to him, it's easier to hurt him. He's really pitiful isn't he."

"Mmm...but I'm worried."

"Why? You don't have feelings for him do you?!"

"Of course not. But I told him to repent, he agreed then ran out of my house. I have no idea what he's doing."

"WHAT?! And you didn't go after him?! For all you know he could be messing around as usual! Haneul. This is the perfect opportunity. Put on your best dress, go out now and find him quickly!" she yelled to me. I heard her give a few apologies to her family members then turn back. "Follow him and call me when you find out what he's doing, okay? I have to go now, see you." With that, she hung up and I sat there confused. In a daze I followed her orders and moments later found myself wondering around the city centre looking for Woohyun in my nicest dress with no prior plan at all.

The city lights were gorgeously spectacular. Christmas lights were strung everywhere and all the roadside trees were dressed in multicoloured tinsel and decorations. A huge magnificent 20 foot Christmas tree stood proudly in the centre of the open plaza I stood in with a glowing silver star perched at the very top. The streets were filled with couples who were on day walks and it felt really uncomfortable that I stood there lost and on my own. I was worried a ert might approach me so I carried on walking in no particular direction.

Suddenly I heard my name.

"Haneul?" I turned around and saw Sungyeol walking towards me wearing a black bomber jacket and wet-look jeans with black DocMartins. "What are you doing here?" He looked me up and down. "Are you going to a party?"

"Ah, I-um...I don't........I don't really know....what...." He smiled with a look of wonder. "I'm......going.....to find something. I think. I'm not sure."

"Need help searching for it?"

"Oh I don't think it's here."

"Where did you last see it."

"Um....not here. I'm just waiting for.....I don't know," I stuttered, sounding really crazy.

"It doesn't matter if you can't say. I only asked because you look lost. Are you?" I shook my head but it slowly turned into a nod. "I'm going to a party right now, mind being my date?" he asked me politely, holding out his elbow for me to take. "Since, you're dressed for the occassion anyway?" I nodded with my head down and held onto his arm with both my hands. I had no idea how to look for Woohyun in the whole of the city so maybe following Sungyeol would be a start.

"Um, what party is this? Is it okay for me to go?" I asked him.

"It's just a meet up with some close friends. They won't mind you joining us, you looked really cold back there anyway," Sungyeol said. Ashe hummed a familiar tune, snow began to fall around us. Street lamps began to flicker on as I realised we were heading towards the Han River. Along the water's edge, the waves lapped and mirrored the sparkling lights that decorated the railings by the side. Small clusters of snow flakes began to settle on the ground and I began to shiver. Even though my dress was floor length and I was wearing a jacket, I could still feel the teeth of Jack Frost's sting an my shoulders.

Sungyeol noticed and suddenly I was enveloped in in his warm bomber jacket. He gave me a smile and shrugged.

"Merry Christmas, Haneul."