The Reason Why

Oppa Hates You

Woohyun slumped down and buried his face in the sheets. He mumbled something incoherant and then looked at me with sweet puppy eyes, searching for something.

"You....know?" I asked him with a small voice. He nodded slowly.

"I figured it out, the reason why I didn't recognise you."

"What's that then?" I asked innocently but he didn't answer me straight away. Instead he stared into my eyes for a while until he realised he wasn't blinking and his eyes watered. He moved away and wiped his tears but didn't move back.

"It's not your fault. I was guilty. And do you know why?" he said with a trembling voice, facing away. I shook my head but of course he didn't see. "I was always trouble for you. I got in the way all the time and at first it was just annoying that you ignored me. But then you made me care about things; so it started to hurt. I didn't know what to do when you pushed me away. In the end I made a mistake and this is where I am..." he trailed off.

"Woohyun? I don't really understand. Am I not allowed to know? I'm not the right person to be telling this to, am I," I whispered carefully, trying not to offend him. He didn't move and continued to face away.

"No but I don't feel like talking to anyone else right now," he sighed. "You aren't the one for me, Haneul. You're just another girl, except I can't get you. I thought it was a sign but I'm trying to kid myself because I'm desperate to find a girl that likes me for who I am. Cheesy aren't I?" he chuckled a hollow laugh emotionlessly. I suspected from his trembling voice that he was crying at that moment but he masked it very well. 

"And I didn't want to know you for two reasons. Number one: my reaction to finding out you didn't like me was to try and get rid of any feelings for you. And number two: to make up for wasting your time. If we stayed apart, you could get on with your life and not have to deal with me. That's all I could do to apologize. And that big mistake.....well it's pretty obvious. Me getting involved. Me being in between the two of you because I'm selfish. I hurt myself trying to have you when you liked someone else," he sniffed, clearing his throat. "Now I remember because you haven't changed. When you were sleeping I still..." Woohyun stopped and turned around suddenly. He seemed to not have been crying at all since his eyes were still deep chocolate and his skin still porcelain smooth. He didn't finish off his sentence and I never found out what he would have said.

"How are you so comfortable talking to me?" I puzzled with a smile, attempting to lighten the mood. Woohyun shrugged. "People don't usually open up so deeply like that. When did we become so close-"

"Don't say that," he interrupted suddenly with a harsh tone. "We're not close. People open up completely to strangers all the time. It's people close to you that you keep secrets from."

"Why are you saying that now? Are you sure you remember me? How far back have you remembered exactly?"

"I remember everything. All up until the accident," he stated coldly. Well that means he didn't hear what I said to him before he woke up, thank goodness. It might have been complicated if he had. "But since I haven't really apologized yet, there's one thing I can do to help you."

"No, what? Don't do....don't think about-"

"You like Sungyeol, right? I know you do since you told me yourself so don't deny it. And I'll tell you that he actually likes you too. If you want I can help this along," Woohyun smirked. It wasn't the usual eyesmile that I was so fond of. It scared me because it was so forced and painful.

"I don't know. There really isn't any need because I've already resolved this-"

"Don't argue. I got in the way of you two so I'm putting the pieces back together alright?" he chirped with undertones of hurt.

"No I don't want this." You getting in the way was part of the plan. I wanted you to be jealous for my revenge. It's not your fault  I thought to myself. Of course I just couldn't tell him that but my heart ached to resist. After all this time and all that's happened, I still have to lie to him.

"Haneul just go with it. I'm doing you a favour." I didn't answer and looked down at me feet. A sudden weight plundered down on my shoulders, stopping me from moving at all. Instead my anger flowed silently from my eyes and sank into the bed sheets without any noise. It was as if I would continue playing my role of avenger for Soyeon until I die and the innocent Woohyun would think it was his fault forever. And even after all that, there would be nothing I could do to stop the hurting. I'm not going to tell him what I had done.

"Tell you what," he said bitterly. "I'll arrange a date for you okay? We were supposed to go shopping for costumes soon but I'm not in the place to do so. I'll convince Sungyeol to go in my place." I said nothing but nodded. He fell back with a fustrated sigh before flashing me another forced smile, this time looking slightly regretful. I already know him too well to be fooled by his fake emotions. Nobody has really noticed it but, when he is trying to hide his pain, he smiles in a straight line so that his left eye is completely closed, almost as if he is wincing on one side.

Silently, after he had fallen asleep, I got up and left. When I closed the door behind me, a small young nurse I had seen come in and out of Woohyun's room stopped by. She looked at me curiously up and down and I started to become self concious. When she noticed, she looked up and gave me a warm smile, holding onto my arm.

"I'm sorry but you regularly come here don't you? Yoon Haneul? You've been here every day since Woohyun arrived," she asked in a very high voice that reminded me of Geumjung. I nodded politely to her.

"Thank goodness you do. Poor Woohyun doesn't get enough visits for a young guy like him. His parents are working all the time so hardly come. I'm glad you're here; but promise me this, you must visit everyday okay? Woohyun doesn't have anyone but me and I can't always be there for him since I have to work," she whined with an annoying tone that went up and down like a roller coaster. Who is she to tell me what to do? And how does Woohyun only have her?! Even though I'm a regular, mostly because of the guilt, Infinite have visited many times.

"Yes I'll continue to visit him every day," I said in a patronising tone and put on my most innocent smile. "Now if you'll excuse me."

I made an attempt to walk around her but she was quick and stepped in front of me so that I almost walked on her. I stopped dead and glared down at her as she batted her eye lashes and twirled her hair around her pinky. "One last thing. Valentines day is approaching soon and it's going to be a bother to clean off all the trash those school girls will be dumping on Woohyun. I can't eat all that chocolate by myself because I need to keep my figure," she squeeked. Non-existant figure I mentally corrected her. "And all those flowers will just rot if they aren't in vases. Woohyun's fangirls are so annoying. You'll help me out here won't you?"

I sighed and nodded, waving off her over exagerrated thank you. "Wow, Woohyun has the best little sister in the world!" Was that supposed to be flattery?! I was way too tired to get involved in an arguement with this brainless child so I played along.

"I know I am. The best sister in the woooooooooooorld! I'm just doing my job!" I sang, pivoting on my heels and skipping merrily down the corridor like a drunk fairy, earning me several worried looks. I should be careful before they keep me in here as one of the mental patients.

As I skipped around a corner, I bumped into a tall man in an expensive looking suit and fell on the ground in front of him. When I looked up, he his teeth and and glared at me, dusting himself down. He looked to be in his late fourties. I got up and bowed several times.

"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry-" I said, bowing as far as I could. I probably just rushed into a very important CEO or something. This must be karma for trying to save a stray cat earlier on and in the end chasing it into the hillside.

"Stop it now. You're embarassing me. Just look where you're going. This suit costs a lot of money, probably more that your year's rent, and I'm on a tight schedule so you better run along now before I sue you little girl," he sneered. What a cruel person. I hurried away before I got in anymore trouble and was greeted by a bucketload of rain and cold wind. Today really isn't my day.

__________________________________

Woohyun POV

 

Someone was shaking me awake roughly with large cold hands. I opened my eyes and thought I saw an unfamiliar figure sat in Haneul's chair, but I realized it was my father as my eyes adjusted to the light.

"Dad?" I grumbled, rubbing my head and sitting up. My father cleared his throat and straightened his back.

"It's Director Nam, if you will Woohyun. I've told you that before," he corrected me sternly.

"But you're not in a professional environment-"

"Don't talk back to me, son. Your manners are just as aweful as usual; just like that girl I encountered earlier on. She ran into me and then fell on the floor! How indecent!" he complained to himself.

"Da- I mean Director Nam, I really don't care what girl you met earlier on. Why are you here? You wouldn't be visiting me unless it was urgent," I reasoned. He turned to me and nodded seriously.

"You're right. I think it's time I told you that you should start to be a bit more serious about your place in society, Woohyun. I expect that you follow the same career path that I took when I was your age and my father took when he was your age-"

"I don't think that I'm Nam Coorperations' CEO material, Dad," I chuckled, falling back into the bed, only to be smacked very hard and swiftly on my head. My vision began to blur from the blow but I shook my head gently and was brought back into the room. I'd forgotten how dangerous my father's hits could be.

"Don't you dare interrupt me! And once again it's Director Nam! As I was saying....it's your duty as the successor of the business to take over my place as the head of the company. Useless time-wasting participations such as your current performing arts school and even being in this hospital must be eliminated so you can focus your studies primarily on improving business qualities within yourself and also knowledge of the field. Do you understand?"

"Director Nam, can you just cut to the point and tell me what you want from me now?" I asked him bluntly with a look of sorrow. My father never looked twice at my face and stared directly out of the window.

"I'm taking you out of this hospital as soon as possible, and out of that aweful school you attend, to have personal tutoring in order to prepare for your place as the CEO of Nam Cooperations. Does that make sense to you?" he said stiffly in monotone. I sighed and rolled over with a moan.

"Not this again," I mumbled into the pillow.

"I don't want this either. You're a useless, lazy idiot who isn't serious about work or anything at all infact, but since your older sister has refused the offer, you're our only option Woohyun. There is no refusal of the place this time. I've said all and now I shall leave. I'm giving you a maximum of two weeks left here which means you have two weeks to say goodbye to your friends at that school and then you're leaving."

I jumped up at that comment and stared in panic at my father who was just about to leave. "Dad! Wait!" He swivelled around and frowned at me.

"It's Direct-"

"Two weeks?! Where are we leaving to?" I stuttered hurriedly, trying to get the words out quickly. Everything raced through my mind at once; I thought that he was just making a hollow comment again but it seemed he was serious.

"Not we. You. You'll be studying abroad. In Japan."

And then my father left the room.

 

_____________________

A/N I haven't died! ^^ Just couldn't think of how to start writing.... :/ I'm so sorry TT.TT  I'm finding this problem a lot lately. On a tangent..... Infinite's first solo Korean concert is soon! >.< I so wish I live in Korea!