Finding Woohyun

Oppa Hates You

A/N Ready for some drama? ;D I update one chapter every day!

 

"Um Sungyeol?" I questioned as we walked along the riverside."Woohyun said to me that you were away at your grandparent's place for Christmas." He looked at me confused but turned away irritated.

"I never said that to him; I've been here all weekend. He's lying." Sungyeol winced slightly as he remembered something. "He's been acting really cold to me lately. I actually invited him to this meetup but he refused and he's been avoiding me too."

"Why would he lie about you?"

"What was the context?" Sungyeol asked.

"I asked him why he was spending Christmas alone and that he wasn't maybe at your place or something. Then he said that you were at your grandparent's place."

"He came to your house today?" he asked. I nodded. "He probably didn't want to leave. This is a good thing. Him lying like that means he's feeling insecure. He'll open up to you."

"But that's the thing- he did leave. And I'm out looking for him," I said, pondering about the reasons behind his abrupt departure.

"I don't know what kind of things you talked about with him but I bet right now he's beginning to feel guilty. You have to carry on with whatever you're doing because I'm sure it's beginning to work," Sungyeol laughed cynically. "I think I know where he is."

"What? Where?!" Sungyeol put on a sad smile and turned to me.

"He's sorry."

_________________________

"This is my friend."

"Hello, I'm Yoon Haneul."

"Hi, Merry Christmas Yoon Haneul. I'm Lee HoBin," Sungyeol's friend said, extending his hand out to me. I shook it and put on a smile. I knew two other people since Sungjong and Sunggyu were there, but the other three people I'd forgotten the names. I hope I wouldn't have to recall them later.

I'd been in the Han River Bistro for an hour already and I didn't really know what I was doing. All of Sungyeol's friends were guys and I was the only girl, making it really difficult to keep my eyes open and stay awake. I began to doze off with the sound of deep laughter and chinking wine glasses around me. The soft jazz piano music and warm, cosy atmosphere drifted me to sleep on the lounge sofa and soon I found my self happily resting in the corner.

I woke to someone gently shaking me awake. It was Soyeon.

"Haneul?! You should have called me if you were getting nowhere." She sighed as I sat up and rubbed my eyes. "I called and Sungyeol picked up your phone." I nodded as she dragged me out of the Bistro. "He already said you could leave so lets go find that idiot."

"Soyeon I don't know why you want to find him. Let him be, it's Christmas," I mumbled. She stared at me with open.

"Do you not feel sorry for that poor girl who's trying to escape from his drunk clutches in a nightclub this very moment?! Do you not pity the defenseless child who's being hypnotised by his charms to be lead into a dark alleyway-" she whined, crazily.

"Okay I get it. But it doesn't sound plausable-"

"I worked really hard to convince my parents to let me out for a moment so we are going to find him whether you like it or not. Sungyeol gave me some hints where he may be so lets go," she exclaimed and, grabbing my hand, raced towards the houses on the otherside of the park.

Ten minutes later, we were huddled outside in the cold, waiting for nothing.

"This is stupid, Soyeon-"

"Shhhhhhh...." she whispered. "Can you here that?"

"What-?" At that moment, the door to someone's house opened and Woohyun walked out hand in hand with an older girl, crying with laughter. Huh, what are the odds. Soyeon froze next to me. "Soyeon?!" Woohyun was walking towards us but Soyeon just stood there frozen."Soyeon?! Come on." I quickly pulled her to the side and ducked behind the garden wall. The two walked right past us so I quickly covered Soyeon's mouth before she started shouting her profanities at him.

Suddenly my hand felt wet. I looked beside me and realized that she was crying.

"See, I knew it. That  idiot he...hic....he....idiot is....hic" she sobbed, hiccuping several times. I gave her a hug but she didn't want it. "You have to help me, Haneul. And that girl too. Is there nothing you can do?" She wants me to stop him? I thought about it for a while and nodded.

"Go home, Soyeon. It's Christmas and no one should be unhappy." She nodded and got up. I watched her leave until she'd gotten to a bus stop, then holding up my dress, I ran after Woohyun. I ran and ran but I never got tired. I could have gone on for a long time with all the energy I suddenly found I had. I'll give my friend peace of mind. When I saw the two ahead, I slowed down and followed them, ducking behind a car or tree every so often.

When they reached a park and sat down on a bench, I lifted my jacket over my head and sat on the next bench down. He hadn't noticed it was me yet.

"Chokyung, I'm sorry," Woohyun said after they stopped laughing. So those two already know each other. "I was an idiot. I still am."

"Woohyun.....don't worry about it. I'm sorry too. Actually I'm more sorry than you. I only dated you since you were popular, otherwise I couldn't date a younger guy," the girl said. "I'm pretty stupid."

"Chokyung-"

"You've stopped calling me noona!" she laughed with a voice like silver bells. "You know, if you want.....we could start dating again." He had a relationship with this girl. He's not trying to get to her, he's trying to make up with her.

"Noona, I don't think that's a good idea," Woohyun said in a small voice.

"Am I too old for you now? You're making me feel like an ahjumma, little kid!" she said with her twinkling laugh.

"I've grown up, noona. I'm not playing games anymore." Chokyung frowned at him deeply but then a gentle smile spread across her face.

"Aww, baby. I'm glad someone's melted your heart." she tilted her head at him and put on a smirk. "But you haven't grown up just yet."

This was all I needed to hear. If he was just going to apologise then I shouldn't of sent Soyeon away. This might of made her feel better. I'll tell her later I thought to myself as I stood up but then I tripped just as Chokyung left. Woohyun chuckled and walked off across the park.

"YAH! Nam Woohyun!" I yelled at him. He instantly swivelled round with a look of complete bewilderment.

"Haneul?! I'm so sorry, I didn't know it was you. What are you doing?" he apologised with a scared tone. I walked up to him and he leaned away as if he was going to make a run for it. "You were listening to my conversation?"

"I was checking to make sure you weren't going to take advantage of her," I said with defiance. He nodded and relaxed.

"Where are you going; you've dressed up really nicely," Woohyun said cheerfully.

"I came out to look for you since you left so suddenly. For all I know, you might have fallen off 63 Building," I huffed. He laughed lightheartedly.

"What's that got to do with the dress?" I glared at him and he shut up.

"Was that girl your ex-girlfriend?" I asked. He nodded simply and then smiled.

"She was my first love."

I slowly realised what that might of meant. Playing the story out in my head, I pictured a young Woohyun completely besotted by a beautiful older girl who agreed to date him because he was cute. The story ended as his heart was broken on account of the lies and he left her coldly. I never thought that Woohyun was capable of harbouring such emotions.

"I'm sorry it turned out this way," I quietly said but he shook his head.

"I'm glad it's over. I feel better after making up with my past relationships," he sighed.

"Oh? What have you been doing today?" He put up his palm to me with a huge smile and fingers spread. "You've met up with five girls?!" He nodded with his whole face gleaming. "Wow!"

"Still a long way to go." he looked at me expectantly which was pretty creepy. Does he want a pat on the head or something? We carried on walking across the park until all the fairy lights were on and the place was sparkling with different colours. We stopped and I regrettably turned to him.

"You lied to me," I said.

"What?"

"You said Sungyeol was at his grandparents' place."

"You were with him just now?" he said accusingly. He grabbed hold of my arm and stared at it. I didn't realise but I was still wearing Sungyeol's jacket. "Why are you wearing this?! I can't believe this......As soon as I leave, you run off to him?! Why would he lend you his jacket, he never does that to anyone!" He doesn't?

"I don't know! It's cold isn't it?! He was being nice! Why are you not nice to him?!" I yelled back. What right does Woohyun have to get angry at me?

"What are you talking about?! Me and him is none of your business! Don't get involved!"

"Oh yeah?! Then why is me and him your business?!" I retaliated.

"Because I don't like him always being with you!!!" he raged. There was a long silence as Woohyun breathed in heavily. He looked at me but I didn't want to see his face. I shook my head disappointed and waited for him to calm down.

"You're a selfish child, Woohyun-ssi. Look after yourself because I honestly can't," I whispered, walking off as he stared at me distantly. I'd walked quite a way before I heard him eventually call out.

"You like him, don't you? I don't need you to answer. But maybe you've noticed, I'm his best friend so I know he's not all you think he is! Be careful of him, Haneul-ssi!" Woohyun laughed as his voice trailed off. I carried on walking with an annoyed face and huffed to myself. Sometimes he's commendable, sometimes he's incredibly immature. Right now, he's being incredibly immature.

__________________________________

 

A/N Can you guess what might happen in the next chapter yet? Don't forget that they'll be back at school! I'll be introducing some more character developments which means..........more fluff? LOL I can't do fluff XD I'm hoping what's about to happen will bring some people to tears. The idea had me crying but I don't know if me writing it will be good. Please read to find out ^^ and thank you if you've subscribed, please comment as well!