Hurt Rains Down

Oppa Hates You

A/N SAAAAAAD TT.TT I just want to write but I had nothing coming up.....and then it hit me like...... BOOOOM! Please read to the end of this long- chapter! And since the story almost has 40 subcribers, I'm working extra hard to think up material. I have a plot that I should refer back to anyway...>.< Enjoy!

 

WOOHYUN'S POV

 What would I be doing right now if I hadn't met Haneul? I wouldn't feel guilty and still be out partying I suppose... Instead I'm wasting time trailing around the neighbourhood trying to forget about her. And yet I can't help remembering her coconut-scented brown hair; her judging and observant almond eyes and her distant yet approachable manner I could never grasp a  hold of. Where would she be? What is she doing right now?

I swung my legs lazily from the roof garden edge and scrutinized the happy couples tottering out of the icecream store below. The store owner knew me since I was four and let me come up here whenever I liked. Usually, this would be my secret spot to take girls. They would stare in awe at the whole of Seoul below as they stood, surrounded by a huge collection of tropical plants and flowers. This time it was just me. Bitter with hate for myself, I sat hunched over the edge of the roof, scoffing when couples walked by smiling.

A familiar looking red and blonde haired pair stumbled out of the shop and looked as if they were about to fall over. Being the considerate hyung I am, I decided to grace them with a visit and quickly ran down to the street.

"Hey! Don't make me report you two for underage drinking!" I yelled to them. Chunji turned around and smiled with a look of suprise.

"Woohyun-hyung?! Wow, it's been ages!" he replied with that damn cheesy grin I told him to quit. To be honest it has improved since last time.

"Mmm. How many years...2 years? And you two have grown up so much. I feel some tears coming on," I faked which made them both come over to hit me on the back. I shot them a glare and they both laughed.

"We learnt from the best," Byunghun smirked.

"Eerm...Sorry to bring this up but you guys look half dead. What's with this atmosphere?" I asked.

Byunghun chuckled nervously and scratched the back of his head. "Some strangers forced us into a contest of ice cream eating. Chunji kinda lost badly."

"What? Maybe I'll take back the comment about you growing up," I joked. "You accepted a stranger's challenge?"

"She wasn't really a stranger. We'd started talking before hand," Chunji said, shaking his head.

"She?" The two of them looked to each other and back at me with confused expressions.

"Well him aswell..."

"You can't be serious...I can't believe you two! Getting involved in someone's date is not cool," I told them, thumping Chunji lightly on the head. He rubbed his head and pouted up at me.

"We didn't know she was on a date. And she decided to come to our table so it's not our fault," Byunghun muttered. He looked up at the sky and sighed as the dark rainclouds began rolling in. "She won the contest anyway. How can a girl eat icecream like that? She doesn't even care about her image." She sounds like Haneul. "That noonas pretty awsome in a way."

"Maybe you two should learn a tip or two off of her about image. You guys are verging on going over the top with this look," I chuckled, tugging on a strand of Byunghun's perfect bleached hair.

"Well too late now. I'm sure Haneul's having fun with that freaky tall guy so we should be getting home," Chunji sighed. A few splatters of rain had started to fall from the sky and a chilly breeze had begun to blow. The boys huddled in their jackets waiting for me to reply but I stood still and soundless. Did I hear correctly?

"You said..Haneul?" The two slowly looked up at me as they shivered and nodded cautiously. "And a freaky tall guy....?" They nodded again. Of course there could be any number of Haneul's in the area and I'm sure that Sungeol isn't the only freaky tall guy around. "Wh...what...did she look like?"

"She....looked normal," Chunji stuttered. "Pretty and normal, with long brown hair and wearing your uniform- hey she goes to your school! That's cool!" Right. This Haneul could very well be my Haneul. But I don't want it to be. No that's silly; it doesn't matter what I want. She can go on a date with whoever she likes. I have no right to stop her.

"Oh..okay," I said pathetically. Byunghun cocked his head at me and sighed in disappointment.

"You know her right? Looks like you're upset she's on a date...yeah we were too but what can you do?" he said with a regretful smile. "Well I guess you could go after her."

"What?! I can't do that! She deserves better than someone like me who doesn't even know how to treat girls like a normal human being. She's too good for me! She's so normal and that's what makes her so much better than any other girl! I can't possibly go after her-!"

"Hey! Hyung, calm down! I was only suggesting!" Byunghun said worriedly. The rain had become slightly heavier and it began to soak through my blazer. The chill bit my skin but I ignored it. "You...really like her." I shook my head but I couldn't face them; I shouldn't be showing my dongsaengs the weaker side of me. "If you really like someone, even if you did them wrong, you have to fight for them with all you've got. Otherwise you'll never know what could have been."

"I can't. Not after what I've done. I'm getting over her now."

"Really? It doesn't look like you are," Chunji said with a grin plastered on his face. "Just remember that you must try everything so you'll never regret not doing anything." When the hell did these kids become so mature?! Suddenly the wind blew strong again and I couldn't ignore the sharp rain whipping into my face. I quickly sent the boys home but I couldn't leave myself. For a time that couldn't be measured, I stood in the middle of the street as the rain poured down, trying to remember what in the world I was doing. 

Around me people ran home with their jackets over their head or umbrellas sheltering them. I trudged through the streams of rain water aimlessly, avoiding the odd shadows rushing away. The sky was dark and menacing and loud thunder boomed throughout the city; I embraced the simplicity of it all. Even fluffy white clouds can pour out their wrath and people will run in fear. Why am I not strong like a storm?

As the shadows became less frequent, the only thing visible was the multi-coloured glow of the arcade ahead. It's warm and familiar atmosphere would entice any lost soul looking for protection. I hurried inside even though I was already drenched.

As usual, there was that typical huddle of girls squeeling when I walked past. It was even worse now that I was dripping wet so my clothes clung to me and with my hair swept across my forehead.

Finally in front of me was a welcoming sight  of all my favourite arcade games. I rummaged around in my pocket for spare change and hopped on Dance Dance Revolution quickly. As soon as the music came on I let out all of my fustration with fury. It felt so good to be back. Once upon a time, I was king of this game....

After finishing the first few rounds without even breaking a sweat, I paused to observe the crowd of schoolgirls that had gathered behind me. As my nature dictates, I flashed them my smoothest smile and they burst into their squeeling again. But even through all that, something else caught my attention.

"Okay, now that's going too far. You can't keep hitting it in the air!" a familiar voice said. I jumped off of the DDR and followed that sweet laughter to the table hockey area. Knowing what I would see would break me, I walked anyway. Just as expected, Haneul was on a date with Sungyeol. I stood behind them, staring stupidly in a terrified daze. "Come on...Oppa!"

At that one word, my knees collapsed and I grabbed hold of the railing nearby. I felt like I was choking and I couldn't breathe. When did she start calling him 'oppa'?!

"Sorry, sorry," Sungyeol laughed. "I won't anymore. Let's play another round." All I could do was watch them laugh together and play together and be happy together and there was nothing I could do. I had my chance and then I blew it and now I'm here, drowning in my own sorrow.

"You're not so good anymore are you?!" Haneul giggled. She only laughs around Sungyeol. "When you play by the rules anyway."

"Don't think that too quickly. I'm going easy on you since I already have years of experience in this place," he said. He's forgotten that it was me who taught him how to play. Haneul giggled again, sending a sharp stab through my chest. I pulled myself from the railing and tried to leave but ended up stumbling over the steps when she laughed again. I sat rubbing my ankle on the floor when two shadows came and hung over me. I looked up with watery eyes and saw Haneul and Sungyeol's surprised faces.

"Woohyun? Ar-are you crying?!" Haneul stuttered with heartbreaking concern in her voice. She bent down to touch my shoulder and I flinched away.

"How can you cry from a simple fall, Hyung?" Sungyeol joked. I clenched my fist and tried to restrain from punching him in front of her. "You're soaking wet too. Neul-ii, do you still have your towel?"

Neul-ii?! What has been going on?! They're calling each other pet names?! This time I couldn't help but feel the rage coming on and without thinking, I stormed away. Haneul caught up to me and tried to hand me her towel with an innocent smile. I couldn't handle it and threw it on the floor and ran. It was either that or I would fight with Sungyeol. Maybe Byunghun was right to fight for her but it wouldn't work like that. All I could do was run away.

I ran fast. Faster than I'd ever run in my life. Out into the wrathing storm, I raced. Behind me I could hear the girl's desperate call so I ran further until it all blurred and nothing was left but the sound of thunder and of my beating heart. My eyes blurred with shameful tears that I couldn't wipe away. I stumbled blindly in no direction. Just far away.

As I crossed through street after street, thoughts of how stupid I had been flashed through my mind. How I hurt Haneul. How I made her hate me. How I couldn't make her happy. How she never wanted to see me. The aweful replaying of my actions burned through my brain until I couldn't take it anymore and ran, without realizing, into one of Seoul's busiest main roads.

Glares of head lights and deafening shrieks of car horns engulfed me as I froze in the middle. A bright white light came directly at me, blinding my vision. I saw Haneul's disappointed face in the back of my mind for a split second. Then the car hit me. Then it was dark.