Before The Storm

Oppa Hates You

A/N: sorreh guize for being a bum and skipping a huge chunk of the story like this but I hope you can understand TT.TT Anyway it could have been worse and it was my fault. Love you guys so much for reading and even more if you supported me! Please enjoy! ^^

 

“You’re gorgeous as always! Bravo! Bravo!” I cheered, clapping dramatically as Jieun stepped into the room with her dress. A simple dark purple chiffon with sleeves, but on Jieun it was a magnificent work of art. She smiled thankfully and did a small twirl. “Now for your shoes?”

“Nope.” She gave me a look of disappointment and shook her head. “It’s your turn.”

My heart clenched and I took a gulp. Jieun noticed and stared me down until I gave up. “Fine….but I don’t think there’ll be any point.”

“What?” Jieun said. I ignored her and took the dress from the paper box and stiffly put it on. I stood there nervously with my hands over my legs, trying to cover myself up. “What are you doing…..?” she breathed to herself. “Wait a second…”

“Um I think it’s best I swap dresses with you,” I ushered. She quickly nodded and we both swapped. I took a step back and looked at myself in the mirror and smiled, her simple dress wasn’t special but it was something that I could wear. I couldn’t wear Woohyun’s dress, I’m just not pretty enough.

“Haneul, you sly girl, how the hell did you get your little fingers on something like this?!” Jieun suddenly burst out, making me spin around in surprise. “This dress is made by the famous designer Gabriella Luciano! Her dresses are one offs. She never makes the same thing twice and so it’s incredibly expensive and highly sought after. So how on Earth are you in possession of one?”

“I didn’t steal it or anything!” I panicked. She tilted her head and folded her hair behind her ears, something she does when she’s very concerned.

“So?”

“It’s a present,” I said in my smallest voice. “From Woohyun.”

“I’m sorry what? A present from who?”

“Woohyun,” I said a tiny bit louder. There came no reply, and when I looked up it didn’t seem like Jieun cared so much.

“That’s very generous of him,” she said as if it was pretty normal. How much does she know about us exactly? “Well let’s swap back now.”

“What? Why?”

“Haneul. Are you serious? You aren’t actually going to make me wear the dress Woohyun gave you to wear to his party, are you?” she warned. I wouldn’t be able to win this. I cringed as I put the black dress back on and again felt incredibly uncomfortable.

Jieun frowned at me, clutching desperately onto my arm. “What is that?” she asked.

“Another present,” I sighed sadly. “A memento I guess, not that I could change it anyway.” I took my hand from my arm to reveal the ugly red line that extended down it with a harsh, lacy pattern of stitching criss-crossing over it; the scar left from my kidnapping.

“Haneul, I’m sorry. We can’t let you go to the party like this. Hang on a minute, I’ll sort this out,” Jieun cooed. She went into my wardrobe and look out a black lace top for me to wear under the dress.

“Thanks, Unnie.”

______________________________________________

Half an hour later I got one text and one email. I opened the email first, amazed at who it was from.

From Soyeon:

So Haneul. I heard you’re going to the party with Woohyun? Why should you be, I asked. I mean the only reason you ever became close to him was because you were going to get revenge for me! Now what is this? The only explanation is that you like him, am I right? You fell for him. That makes you a traitor. Don’t get mad at me when I hate you since it’s your fault.

I’m going tonight too but don’t worry because I’m not going to be mean to you. This is on one condition of course: stay away from Woohyun. If you as my best friend give me a chance with him again, I’d be so happy. I don’t want to be mad at you, Haneul, so please don’t hurt me again. He is my ex after all. Just let me be with him.

I gaped at the long message she sent me. It was obvious she had thought about this a lot, but my heart ached knowing nothing she wrote had changed my mind. I wouldn’t let her have him, even if she's my best friend.

I sighed frustrated as I opened the next text but smiled instantly.

From Woohyun:

Haneul-aaaaaaaaaaaah! (≧∇≦)/ How are you, have you eaten? I’m missing you right now. (T▽T) It’s hard at this moment for me since I have to make an official speech tonight. I’m really nervous but it’s going to be okay since you’ll be there for me, right? (。◕‿‿◕。) I’m picking you up in half an hour. See you soon! ♥bboo-ing bboo-ing

_____________________________

Woohyun gleamed widely and proudly, as if it was Christmas, on my doorstep. I had to admit that I stood there gaping like an idiot at how amazing he looked. It was the same Woohyun except he was wearing a smart black suit and his shocking red hair was slightly wavy and obviously styled. I didn’t even notice that Hoya was pacing irritated behind him.  He chuckled under his breath when he saw me shamelessly gazing at him with my mouth open, but I heard his laugh and snapped out of my daze. I blushed and turned away embarrassed.

“Wow. You’re wearing the dress, Haneul. You look beautiful,” he said, not seeming to care I had adapted it with lace sleeves underneath. I smiled a small smile and tried to meet his gaze.

“So do you,” I squeaked stupidly. Woohyun raised his eyebrow and grinned.

“What was that? I look….?”

“Ah, no! That’s not what I meant! I meant- I meant ugh…” I stuttered.

“Hmm?”

“You look….”

“Yah!” Hoya shouted suddenly. We both faced him in surprise since we had almost forgotten he was there and he sighed. “Are you guys going to make me stand here forever?!”

“Haha. Hoya’s right….um.” I quickly rushed inside and yelled to Jieun who gracefully glided down the stairs like a goddess and instantly made me feel like a small pea next to her. Hoya gasped when he saw her with a gleaming smile plastered on his face stupidly. She skipped to his side and instantly they had forgotten me and Woohyun were there.

The both of us stood awkwardly for a moment until Woohyun’s phone rang. He looked at me in panic so I nodded. “Could you wait in the car? I’ll be a moment.” I nodded again and walked towards the car that Jieun and Hoya were already sitting in; strangely I didn’t question why Woohyun had suddenly got a car as well. Exactly how rich is this guy?!

Out of nowhere, I heard someone whisper my name, just as I had walked to the car.

“Isn’t that it? She’s in the year above, right?” a girl across the road whispered to her friend. They were wearing our school uniform.

“Yeah, it’s Haneul, I’m sure. She even made him quit school for her. What’s so special about her anyway? She must have thrown herself at him or something,” her friend sneered, purposefully staring at me as she said it. She knew I could hear them. I started to become angry that they were making up rumours.

“Ugh, what a …” the first one spat, instantly shattering my heart. No one had ever called me a before in my life. I’m just not the kind of person that would get into these situations. A strange feeling came to me as I realised my face was wet. Tears were flowing. I hurriedly wiped them away as Woohyun strolled up to me and the girls disappeared.

He hesitated, staring at my figure before deciding to slide his arm around my waist and guide me to his car.

___________________________________

There really wasn’t anything I could do when I saw the same two girls, this time back with load of their friends outside the hotel that the party was being held at. Most of them seemed to be just fan girls though; it seemed like they were here for Infinite.

Masses of photographers and journalists crowded around the red carpet leading into the lobby and I was instantly blinded by the flashes of cameras that erupted as soon as I stepped out of the car. I stood there awkwardly with my hands over my face. Before I had the thought of running away, a warm arm wrapped itself around me and clutched my shoulders confidently.

“Haneul, don’t be scared. Just follow me,” a husky voice whispered into my ear. I took my hands from my face and looked up to see Woohyun grinning effortlessly to the cameras. He flashed them smiles as he pushed me inside. "I really shouldn't have given you a dress like this."

"Huh?" I said, too scared to take my eyes off his face. At least at this angle I got an amazing view of his jaw, dazzling in the bright lights and flashes.

He chuckled deeply and looked into my eyes. "You look so hot. What would I do if another guy took you tonight? Hmm?" he whispered as I blushed. "I'm glad I chose a girl who had the decency to cover her arms at a place filled with wolves."

"What?! What do you mean?" I gasped. He stopped smiling and rubbed my arm.

"What's the problem?" he said half-heartedly, looking ahead as we walked into the building.

"I covered my arms because-" I stopped abruptly, realizing it really wasn't the time to bring that scene up again.

"Hmm?" he mumbled distantly, looking around the room. I had a feeling he wasn't listening to me.

"Oh nothing. I just-" I began but quickly got cut off as he spun me around and held tightly to my shoulders.

"Hey, I have to go talk to some people right now. You'll be alright by yourself for a while right? I'll be back soon," he said confidently, flashing a sweet smile. Hypnotised, I simply nodded without thinking. "I knew I could trust you."

Before I knew it, I was standing alone, in the middle of a massive hall, heavily decorated with expensive flowers and glass wear, filled with important business men and women everywhere. What was I supposed to do when the only reason I was here was for Woohyun? Where is he?