Confessions

Oppa Hates You

A/N I'm already missing the lack of Woohyun...TT.TT well I'll put him. ^^ Ooh and just saying, Can U Smile is so incredibly beautiful on piano! You must listen to it! >.<

 

"So why are we even here-?" Sunggyu began.

"Don't speak. I'm talking right now. Who do you think you are?" Jieun said.

"Who do you think you are?" Jieun shot him an ice cold glare and he shut up. I'd seen the same reaction many times in the past.

"I wrote the lyrics to your damn song and none of you have actually come to thank me for it. I could easily land you guys in trouble by demanding them back but I'm not going to because I won't stoop to your childish level. Have you not even realised how stupid you're acting?!" she demanded with strength.

"This chick is talking a load of-" said Sungjong.

"My name is Song Jieun not 'this chick'. If you don't have the decency for simple manners then why should I? Don't treat girls like trash. You guys may be popular but that doesn't grant you any extra rights from everybody else."

All the boys froze and stared in awe at her. Nobody had said anything like that to them before. I tried my best with Woohyun but the effect couldn't be compared with Jieun's audience. She has some kind of magic I swear...

"We're all equal on this Earth, we all put in as much as we get no matter race, religion or social status. The seven of you are no exception," she continued.

"But I have to be this way. It's how I gained popularity," Sungjong said. What has that boy actually done? I hardly know anything about him.

"You're telling you've been lying to yourself for popularity? That's a pathetic excuse. Cheating is a sin; if you want to achieve then work for it. You'll get nowhere if you aren't being yourself." Jieun's words were beautiful and everyone was just hypnotised by her melodic voice. She looked stunning and radiant as she shared her words of wisdom. Jieun should run for President.

"Maybe you're some kind of Queen of this school or whatever but I run this school. I'm king. I can't be asked to waste my time listening to your rubbish," Sunggyu said walking towards the stairs. The wind suddenly blew harsh and cold and the sky became a crystal blue. Jieun made no move to stop him. Eventually realizing no one was following, he stopped himself. "G-give me one reason why...why...I should listen to you," Sunggyu stuttered with his back turned.

Jieun smiled without moving a step. "I have none. It's your decision."

"I'm not stupid! You've gone out of your way to talk to me like that?! Don't tell me you're not doing it out of moral responsiblity!" He turned around and stormed up to Jieun with his face inches away from hers. Hoya flinched and looked as if he wanted to pull Sunggyu back.

"So you admit that what you're doing is immoral?" Sunggyu blinked and stepped back.

"No-I...aish. What are your motives?"

"I intead to make you stop being idiots towards my friends."

"Why am I an idiot?!" he said. Jieun ignored him.

"Think about it. When was the last time you had a girlfriend? Or even a friend you could trust?" Everyone stood in silence. All that could be heard was the harsh breeze whipping past us. The icy sun glared down mercilessly. No one moved. Hesitantly Sunggyu spoke.

"Never." Everyone turned to him in shock and he shrugged. "I never cared for that stuff. They all lie to me since I'm popular so how can I trust them?" Jieun nodded.

"You guys may think that everyone is begging to be your friend and you're surrounded by hundreds of people you can just use but you're wrong. You've done this to yourselves. In the end this is where you stand. On this icy roof above the whole school. With no one to trust. Alone." With that, Jieun picked up her bag and left. She was gone and the wind blew even harder.

Hoya trembled and looked wistfully after her, then he ran to the stairs aswell. The sun was beginning to set but no one made a move. After an immeasurable length of time, Dongwoo ruffled his hair and casually strolled out too. The sun was lying on the horizon, slowly sinking deeper as it cast a vivid pink-orange glow in the sky. Sunggyu had sat where he had last stood and was playing with his shoelaces. Sungjong was lying on his back with his knees up, beside him, staring up at the clouds that were gathering. Myungsoo was standing stiff, dangerously on the very edge of the roof looking at the horizon. Woohyun was sitting with his back to the edge.

Sungyeol hadn't moved but as he saw me watching them, he began to walk over in my direction. I panicked, not knowing what to do so I started shuffling away. He quickened his pace so I quickened mine. I threw a few looks over my shoulder and he gave me a confused one in return. When I'd done a whole lap around the staircase, he suddenly caught on.

"Yah! Haneul! Wait!" Sungyeol said, grabbing my arm. "Are you running away from me?" I shook my head and tried to get away from him. "What are you doing? Did I do something wrong?" I felt bad for just leaving him in the dark.

"I already know what you're doing you don't need to hide. I haven't reported you to the police yet but if you carry on then I'm going to have to," I told him with my bravest voice. I began to feel scared.

"Police?! What?! Carry on what?"

"Don't act dumb. I already found out. Don't still pretend you're my friend because I know it was all a lie."

"I never lied! We are friends aren't we?" Sungyeol looked hurt and confused. I caught a glimpse of Woohyun staring at our conversation. He looked gloomy as well.

"You can drop the act now and stop the stalking too. Otherwise I will report you, I'm serious!"

"I'm not stalking anyone!"

"Then what were those pictures of me doing on your camera!" I yelled a bit too loudly. Everyone turned towards us in shock and I froze. Sungyeol looked at me in horror and then quickly pulled out his camera from his bag. He flipped through the pictures and showed them to me. All the pictures were the ones I'd seen before including his multiple girlfriends but none of them were of me.

"There aren't any of you. Where did you get that idea from?" I was speechless. I had without doubt seen them last night but now they were all gone. I panicked and looked to Woohyun who shrugged and looked away.

"WH-what? Bu-ut. I saw them!"

"What do you mean? When did you see them?" Sungyeol's eyes bore into me suspiciously and I turned back to Woohyun but he had already left.

"Umm....Last night, while you took your call I saw them on your camera. There were hundreds! I saw them..." I trailed off. He shook his head and started laughing. "I did! Don't pretend to me that you don't know what I'm talking about just because you deleted them!" He quieted down for a moment to listen to me. His face became serious and worried.

"Are you serious?! I didn't do anything!"

"I've already seen them so STOP LYING! I've had enough just STOP IT NOW! EVERYONE! I'm tired. I want to go home." I faced away because my eyes had become watery again and I quickly left with all six eyes burning into me. I heard Sungyeol shout out to me but I didn't want to acknowledge that he knew me or ever had contact with me. Woohyun was right. He was only being my friend for a joke, like all the other girls I was just a game. He didn't even admit.

I can't believe those photos were gone! And then he even lied about them! How low can a person get?

"Haneul, wait!" Woohyun called, running down the stairs to me. He hadn't left yet. I carried on walking, wiping my eyes with my sleeves. "Let's walk home together!"

"What! Leave me alone."

"A-are you mad at me still?" He looked genuinely shocked and confused.

"Go away, Woohyun. Don't you understand when I say 'Leave me alone'?" I said to him with a trembling voice. He gave me a sympathetic nod and slowed his pace so he walked a few paces behind me. I stopped by the gate and spotted on my heels. "What I mean by that is I don't want to be anywhere near you! I don't want to know you! I don't want anything to do with you!"

He froze in suprise which turned to sadness and then realisation. I didn't wait for a reply and continued walking. For about 20 minutes I heard nothing and looking back, it seemed Woohyun had stopped following me. I hope in more ways than one. I decided to take a detour to make sure I had really lost him.

The sun had completely gone down and the streets were quiet. There wasn't even the odd cat or car on the roads. All that remained was the strong chill and a few dim street lamps flickering every so often. The silence was deafening.

Passing by an unfamiliar backstreet bar, I began to have the feeling that I was being followed all of a sudden. I glanced over my shoulder several times and didn't fail to notice two small shadows only a few paces behind me. Don't over assess the situation. They're just normal pedestrians like you I told myself. Nevertheless I couldn't help feeling a bit scared.

Suddenly the shadows seemed really close and I could almost see their faces. I quickly faced forwards and hurried but they had already caught up to me.

"Hey baby, who are you?" one of them said. He was very tall, as tall as Sungyeol and he leaned over me intrusively. His face was hidden by a black handkercheif but he moved it away and grinned. He looked very young, younger than me. I made a pass around him but he blocked my way.

"Woah there, where are you going so early, cutie?" the other asked with a chuckle. A slight smell of alcohol came from him so I had a guess they had just left that bar earlier on. I turned back around and headed down a random road. They laughed and followed behind me.

I realised what was so funny as I came to a dead end in an industrial area.

"You seem lost! We'll help you find your way back," the tall guy sneered.

"Yeah, it's no fun in the evening when you're alone is it?" the two chuckled. Suddenly a third figure came up out of nowhere behind the two and shoved them aside into a wall. He laughed menacingly and stood in front of me to face them.

"What makes you two think she's alone?" It was Woohyun, but I'd never heard his tone of voice so vicious. "Go!" he yelled at the boys who instantly became terrified and skuttled off. Woohyun looked truely dark and fiercesome with his muscles flexed, ready to fight, and his face completely void of kindness. He was unrecognisable.

"W..Woohyun?" I whispered, terrified. He spun to me suddenly and calmed down to his usual self when he saw how scared I was. He gave me an apologetic smile and a quick, hesitant hug.

"You're okay, right? They didn't touch you?" he asked me with concern. His hands held tightly to my shoulders and he bent down to look me in the eyes. I shook my head and he sighed. "You shouldn't walk so late at night in an area you don't know." I simply nodded again.

"Thank you for that. Did you follow me here?" I asked him stupidly.

"I did." He looked really irritated by something playing on his mind. "I'm sorry, but...I can't just leave you alone. It's not fair that I have to."

"You shouldn't have gotten close to me in the first place," I told him.

"But...it was you. You got close to me. You entered my world and told me things that no one had ever dared to tell me. You tore my mind apart and now you just want to leave me?!" he spoke gently. Unlike the other times we disagreed, Woohyun was just sad now.

"It was a mistake. I apologize. I never should have said those things and I never should have gotten involved with Infinite. I hope from now on we can go back to our normal lives and never have to meet again. Goodbye Woohyun-ssi." I walked around him but, just like every other time, he grabbed hold of my arm.

"You can't just go. You can't pretend...pretend you don't know me. I thought we were becoming friends," Woohyun whispered, his voice tearing up. I sighed and tilted my head back.

"Woohyun, I have a confession." I couldn't see his face in the dim light but I could tell he was staring at me intently. "We were never becoming friends. Getting closer to you....that was all an act. It was a plan I made up to get revenge for Soyeon. I never once had interest in you and you know that but this...I wanted to change you. I wanted to find a way to hurt you. To hurt you like you hurt my best friend." Woohyun hadn't moved an inch, all the reaction I got was a small twitch of anguish. "Since we all lied and none of it's real, I guess it won't be that hard to go back to how things were before. We'll be going our separate ways now."

Woohyun said nothing so for once I decided to give him the attention he deserved. I waited until he said something but when he did, it was me who had no answer.

"Well I have a confession too. You'll hate me more now once I tell you but, send me to hell all you like, this is my punishment."