Hostage

Oppa Hates You

A/N IMPORTANT! This chapter might be a little oppressive for younger readers because of the nature of the events so if you wouldn't like to read that, then you can skip this chapter. Just making sure that no one feels uncomfortable and blames me. It's not really that bad though since lots of people have this plot in their story but just a warning anyway. ^^

"Could you pass me the sugar, Hoya?" Jieun asked politely. We were sat in a cafe for a break and I was just silently giggling to myself at the reactions between my best friend and Hoya. The atmosphere was very tense.

Hoya couldn't drop his smile and simply nodded, handing her the sugar. "Here you go," he said, staring at her in awe.

She smiled genuinely and took it with both hands. I notice that their hands brushed against each other briefly and they quickly turned away from each other and blushed bright red. Sungyeol sighed and shook his head in fustration.

"Aish, can you guys stop with the awkward reactions everytime you have accidental skinships? It's irritating.." he muttered. I just laughed to myself and watched them shuffle about and glance at each other quickly. Sungyeol's phone beeped and he took it out to have a look as I sipped on my coffee. I peered at him expectantly and he gave me a worried look.

"What is it?" I asked. He scratched the back of his neck and took in a sharp breathe.

"It's Woohyun. He said that he's left Japan," Sungyeol almost whispered, checking his text for a second time. I nodded slowly and turned back to my drink. Hoya and Jieun were busy discussing something that was probably very funny since they were giggling to themselves a lot. I sighed.

"Right, he must be busy with his business work. There's a lot of travel involved, right?" I mumbled depressingly. Inside I was screaming that there was a chance he was coming back to Korea.

"Ugh, I don't think it's that," Sungyeol whispered to himself.

"What?"

"Oh, ah nothing."

"Hey, Sungyeol. I need to go to the restroom. I'll be back soon okay?" I said. He just nodded and waved me off, staring at his phone.

I drifted through the mall lazily, thinking of what Woohyun must be doing now. Probably preparing to become one of the elite CEOs I expect.  Something in the window of a coffee shop caught my eye. It was a poster reading 'job vacancy'. The image of my mum sobbing on the floor from losing all her money through gambling instantly came to mind and I sighed, quickly noting down the telephone number on the poster and walking off again.

After walking around for another fifteen minutes I started to become worried that I couldn't find the toilets anywhere. There weren't any floor maps nearby and there were becoming less and less people and shoppers walking around. I realized that I had become pretty much lost.

The further I walked, the more run down they building seemed until I had reached an area where there was absolutely no-one. My instincts told me that I shouldn't be in this area and also I had a bad feeling that someone was following me. For a second time, my stomach ached at the thought of the strangers I was being followed by and even worse, Woohyun wouldn't be here to help me.

I threw a glance over my shoulder and sighed when I saw that no one was there. Plucking up the courage, I turned back and started to walk towards the lights of the shops again.

Suddenly, as I passed a dark walkway, a rough hand wrapped itself over my torso and yanked me to the side. I shouted but no one heard. I kneed him in the groin, making him buckle over and let go. Quickly I made a run for it but a second person held a cloth to my mouth and helplessly I became lightheaded. And then I out.

_________________

"She's still asleep, what do you want me to do?!" a rough and distant, nasal voice yelled. I heard another voice call out rude words from far away so I drifted back to sleep again to block the noise. Slowly memories of what brought me here resurfaced. I had been kidnapped.

Cautiously I opened one eye and assessed my surroundings. It was cold and grey. Someone had tied me to a chair that sat in the middle of a damp and dark derelict building. The only light was a harsh bright light from the sun that filtered through the clouds, streaming through glassless windows. In the corner was a young man in black lounging on a dirty couch and reading a news paper.

My head hurt badly and I accidentally let out a quiet moan without realizing. He whipped his head up in shock and smiled a dirty crooked grin.

"Ah so you're awake now," he sneered. I quickly shut my eyes tightly and turned away. "Oh come on, I know you're awake, don't be like this."

Suddenly I felt a cold hand brush against my cheek and I shivered, my eyes snapping open in horror.

"What am I doing here?" I trembled. He nodded carefully and squatted in front of me.

"Yeah you would like to know wouldn't you. Just wait a moment and you'll find out. We won't harm you just yet." He turned around and yelled to someone. "Kyunghee-hyung! She's awake!"

A tall dark figure strode in confidently and stood over me with a glare. "Oh good," he said roughly. "Hey why is she not blind-folded?! You idiot I told you to do it!" the man yelled, kicking the other guy in the shins. He bent over and rubbed his legs, shooting the other guy a death glare.

Kyunghee whipped out a handkercheif from inside his jacket and tied it tightly over my eyes. "What if she worked out the location of this place?! Be more careful!"

"HEY!" I yelled, my voice shaking. "Tell me what you need me for." I heard the younger guy chuckle and shuffle closer.

"Yes yes. Now's the time."

"We need you to tell us his whereabouts," Kyunghee demanded, his tone dripping with malice. I trembled at his voice but kept my composure. Being scared won't help.

"Who's whereabouts?" I asked.

"Ugh." I heard someone pick up something metal and I braced myself for the blow but it didn't come. "You know who we're talking about." Suddenly a cold breathe blew on my face and I guessed he was very close. "Don't act dumb."

"I actually don't know who you're talking about. And even if I did, I wouldn't tell someone like you!" I shouted, spitting in his face and yelling 'scum!'.

"Ugh disgusting bit-" he screamed, slapping me harshly across the cheek. "Where is Nam Woohyun?!"

"I'm not saying." Bam! Another slap on the other cheek. I felt the blood surge to the area and I winced, my eyes welling slightly with tears. I won't back down. Suddenly I was blinded by the white light as the handkerchief was torn off my face.

"We know he's close to you," the younger guy sneered. "His company owes us a lot of money because of how corrupt they are. We got the news he was in Japan but he recently left. Now be a good girl and help us along, okay? Where is Woohyun right now?"

"I DON'T KNOW!" I screamed. Kyunghee's mouth pulled out into an evil smirk as he revealed a pocket knife from his jacket and flicked it open. My eyes widened in horror as I leaned away, my heart beating faster and faster.

"Yes you do. Will this help you remember?" he cooed, pointing the knife onto my arm and pressing it slowly in. I screamed out to no use as he slide it down my arm, watching my blood seep through my skin. He stopped after ten centimetres and leaned back. "Now can you tell us?"

"Even if you kill me I won't say!" I yelled. He fliched and made to cut my arm again but the younger guy put a hand on his arm.

"Hyung, don't," he said. Kyunghee withdrew and nodded.

"You're right. Best to leave her in tact for ransom. Afterwards you can dispose of her by whatever means," he muttered, putting back his knife and kicking the chair. The two of them walked out laughing cruelly together, leaving me all alone.

My heart couldn't stop thumping like a hammer against my chest and my breathing was becoming shallow. I shook my head to make sure I wasn't losing conciousness since I was losing a lot of blood from my arm. The building echoed with every drip that fell on the floor filling the deafening silence. Suddenly a second rhythm of dripping started as my eyes also leaked with uncontrollable tears that splashed on the cold concrete ground to mirror my heart beat.

Without realizing I was pouring my heart out desperately. Pools of red collected around me as I struggled to no avail to escape the ropes I was bound by. My vision blurred from the tears that continued to poor out relentlessly and I begged for someone to hear my screams and save me. I screamed and cried but no one came.

A few hours later, Kyunghee came back to stop my crying by gagging me and blind-folding me again but by that time I'd used up all my energy anyway. He left me senseless and trembling in the middle of the room without a word. It would have been better if he had even said something rude to me because I just didn't want to be alone. I was scared.

I sat there whimpering quietly until even that stopped.