The Plan Begins

Oppa Hates You

By the time I'd left the school, it was getting very dark and the street lights had . Several shops along the high road were closing; only the big restaurants were open. A frosty December chill blew though my thin coat and sent shivers down my spine. It would have been convenient if the buses were still running. Heck, it would have been convenient if we didn't have to spend ages after school practising our play! But at least I got to have my first practise with Sungyeol....

[Flashback]

"Where do you think you're going?! Haneul-ssi! YA!"

"Sorry seonsaeng-nim, you told me to practise my dance..." I said to my Drama teacher who was busy directing a bunch of girls on their scene.

"OH. I SEE! Um....yes you should do that. Why didn't you go earlier instead of doing nothing for the past two hours?!" she spat. Because you told me to watch over the other students, annoying woman. Someone had come up behind me at that moment. I could guess who it was.

"You're going to practise with Sungyeol aren't you?" Woohyun whispered with a suspicious tone. I turned around and stepped around him to walk down the corridor.

"Yeah I am," I said, knowing he was following me to the dance room.

"Why? We all know you're a really good dancer." I laughed loudly at his comment. This guy....

"You didn't even know who I was until this morning! How can you suddenly know all about me and how I dance?"

"I saw you dance just now," he said with a massive grin on his face, showing me how pleased he was with himself. For a moment he looked like a genuinely nice person and I forgot about how much of a player he was. But then again, anything could be an act. I quickly hurried to the dance room without looking back.

When I opened the door, I found Sungyeol in baggy sweats and a black wifebeater doing some stretches. The music was already playing. He turned around and smiled to me that same warm smile he did this morning and I returned it naturally. He looked behind me, then gave a quick wave and then got back to stretching. I turned around, confused, and saw that Woohyun really did follow me. He eyed me dangerously so I just ignored him and walked into the room. This is where my plan should come in.

"Are you ready?" Sungyeol asked me. I nodded and took out my shorts and tank top. Sungyeol stared cautiously at the clothes. "Do you want me to leave for a moment?"

"Nah, don't bother," I said, taking off my blazer then my shirt. He just stared while I undresed with wide, scared eyes. I guess he doesn't know my character. It's time for my acting to come into some use.

All the while, I remembered what Soyeon said earlier on in the day. All boys are the same, no matter whether they're Nam Woohyun or Kang HoDong, they all care about one thing and you must be confident that you can pull it off, okay? SlowIy and purposefully I took off my skirt and gracefully slipped on the shorts which Soyeon had given me. They were a bit tight which I knew was for a reason. Sungyeol's eyes were harsh and judging and I was starting to lose the confidence that Soyeon dictated would get me through this. I picked up the tank top and pulled it over my head, another tight squeeze. This is really uncomfortable, I shouldn't be doing this kind of thing.

My knees started to shake but then I got a burst of energy. From the corner of my eye, I spotted Woohyun oggling at me. Just like Soyeon promised. It sent me shivers down my spine but it gave me enough confidence to dramatically flip my long hair out from the inside of my tank top and flash Sungyeol a y smile. One I'd been practising for weeks for the play anyway. Both the boys were stood rigid and holding their breathe- now what? The music was still playing in the silence.

I started to run the dance through my head and practise some movements casually while they just stood there. It was a big relief to be over that but then I wasn't near finished. Even if you're pretending you can't dance, you have to show some moves. It's a good oportunity. Remember how well you can dance.

I think I'm going crazy and hearing voices. No you're not, this is just a memory. Now carry on. Whatever you say...

The song for my dance scene came on and I quickly turned to Sungyeol with an expectant look. He snapped out of watching me stretch and nodded.

"Okay so I watched the steps for this dance and a lot of it is syncopated so you'll have to get out of the regular mind frame before we start. Just show me how much you know first," he said rather loudly, trying to not look at my face.

I was confident about the whole dance but as I went through the steps, I put in some mistakes and off-beat moves for something we could work on. I heard a couple of breath intakes when I did a complicated somersault perfectly which I cringed at. Well, I wasn't going to hurt myself for them.  I breathelessly ended it halfway through just so that it looked like I hadn't finished learning it. Woohyun gave me a harsh 'what-is-she-up-to' look, knowing that I did it perfectly fine and all the way through during the day.

"Well that wasn't too bad, I thought you danced it with quite a lot of style and energy. It's just the technicality that's lacking so practise is the best solution." Damn, I should have made it look like I didn't know what I was doing. "What's your other dance?" Sungyeol asked, flipping through the iPod.

"Ah....it's the .......pairs dance," I stammered, trying to catch my breathe. Why didn't I just chose to dance this one? Woohyun gave me a cold glare from the doorway and I just shrugged. He moved towards me so I grabbed Sungyeol's hand and pulled him to the middle of the room. Woohyun stopped and just sat down on the floor. The song came on and me and Sungyeol got into our positions. This one was a hiphop dance so Woohyun calmed down a bit. He hadn't seen me dance this one.

Well, he shouldn't have been calm since as soon as the chorus kicked in, I threw my self at Sungyeol who had to catch me and lift me above his head in a splits position. Woohyun almost fell back as he watched but his expression was as set as stone. I put in some movements where I'd trip and Sungyeol would catch me to dumb it down and also for Woohyun's anger. It was beginning to be fun. We both stopped in positions far from each other and both of us were panting and sweating a lot. My hair was wet and I could feel my face was red and hot too.

Woohyun gave a small clap but then grabbed my arm and pulled me to the side before I could reach for my water.

"What are you doing?" he sneered. I pulled my arm harshly out of his grip and picked up my water.

"I'm having a drink," I retorted, then took a short swig. He huffed and looked away.

"No. Why are you flirting with Sungyeol?" he whispered.

"I'm not-"

"Don't make me laugh. You purposefully fell so he could catch you." That sounds really familiar. "Why are you asking for him to tutor you, really. I mean you don't even like him-"

"Maybe I do. What's it to you," I said loudly, moving away from him and going back to Sungyeol.

[Flashback ends]

The days events were long and confusing but I knew what I had to do. Soyeon needed me, I could tell from the anger that was building up inside her. I couldn't let that player leave without having a taste of his own medicine. I just can't ignore him. Those other girls that also blindly fall in love with him for his looks are all victims too.

I sighed as I finally reached the door to my house. Instantly I was greeted with a "NOOONA!" from my younger brother.

"Jinho. Aren't you too old to be so childish, you're 14 now," I said as he ran up to me and gave me a huge hug. "You should be embarassed acting like that." He looked up at me with worried eyes.

"What do you mean?" I shook my head and laughed and he laughed too but then suddenly ran away upstairs again. What a strange child.

The smell of hot Bulgogi and Samgyetang wafted towards me and I drifted blissfully to the kitchen. It was time to forget about Sungeol and Woohyun for now, I'm not letting those thoughts ruin my mum's amazing cooking.