The Day We Met

Oppa Hates You

Walking to school the next morning was a horrible feeling. As I passed Woohyun's house I couldn't help but think He's not there this morning. He won't be walking to school today. I worried about him all the way and the guilt was heavy weight.

But when I reached school, it was just another regular morning. Though one thing I was terrified about though was explaining to Sungyeol why I had run off.

I cautiously peered over my desk which I had layed flat on to stare as Sungyeol walked into registration. He looked pissed off. Without even acknowledging me, he dumped a black shape on my head. I took it off carefully and noticed that it was my blazer that I had left behind.

"You're welcome," he said in monotone with his back to me as he sat at his desk.

"Umm, Sungyeol? Are you mad at me?" I asked, trembling. He continued to face forwards.

"Of course. You ran after Woohyun and left me by myself looking like an idiot. If you like that guy so much, why did you bother going out with me yesterday? Was it to make him jealous?" This time Sungyeol did turn around, but to give me a look of complete annoyance. It was disheartening since his smile was always so friendly. I shrank into my chair.

"No, I really did like you. But with Woohyun, I didn't know I liked him. I ran after him because I wanted to appologize for something, not because I wanted to get away from you. I'm sorry," I said weakly. Sungyeol sighed and nodded. Then he smiled again and shoved my shoulder.

"Ayyy, silly. You trying to fool me? I already knew you liked Woohyun, even before you did. I'm his best friend obviously," he laughed and rocked back on his chair. "About Woohyun...what happened?" He stopped laughing and we both became very quiet for a moment. I didn't know exactly how to describe it.

"He...ran across a main road. And he got hit." That was all I could say so I looked down and so did Sungyeol. He nodded again but kept quiet. "But he's alright at the moment. Except he's...he's....lost all memory of me."

Sungyeol's head whipped up and he stared at me with wide eyes like an owl. I cringe a bit lower in my chair.

"He has selective memory loss. It's my fault so I have to find a way to help him get the memories back," I said.

"Are you going after school today to see him?"

I nodded. "I was going to practise with him for Drama anyway so I don't have anything to do. Do you want to come?"

Sungyeol shook his head and sighed. "I can't today. But Sungjong wants to go, and so does Myungsoo."

"Oh okay."

__________________________________________

 

"So does this mean he can't practise for the showcase with us?" Sungjong asked as we walked to the hospital after school. I shook my head and sighed.

"I don't think he can," I said pathetically.

Me, Sungjong and Myungsoo walked into the hospital and up to the desk. I already knew what room Woohyun was in so I took them up after the receptionist gave us permission. She seemed to remember me after staring for a long time. I assumed I must have looked like a very different person last night.

"Hyu-ung..." Sungjong whispered as we crept into the room. Woohyun was sitting upright and reading a manhwa when we came in. He put it down when he saw us and smiled naturally.

"Sungjong, Myungsoo! And wait.....Hana was it? Am I right?" he asked, his smile as bright as sunshine. I had thought that if he'd lost memory of me, then he'd be back to his arrogant and self-centred self...but he wasn't. He seemed to be the same Woohyun I knew.

"Haneul? Why did he ask that?" Myungsoo said, tapping me on the shoulder.

"AH! That's it! It was Haneul!" Woohyun burst out. He laughed to himself and sat back on the headboard.

"Ahh...I haven't told you guys. Woohyun has memory loss. He can't remember who I am. Or rather he doesn't want to," I explained quietly. Woohyun stopped laughing and stared at me with a disapproving frown. I looked down at my feet.

"What is that supposed to mean?" Myungsoo asked, glaring at me intensely.

"I caused him trouble and....the thing is," I sighed. The more I thought about the issue, the more fustrated I became. "He has selctive memory loss. It means that I caused him enough pain so that he ran across a road and got hit," I said blunty. "His body unconciously erradicated all memory of me so that he wouldn't feel that pain again. And so.......saving his life." I said the last part so quietly that I wasn't sure if anyone had heard.

The whole room was quiet and my ears started to buzz from the silence. I looked up and everyone was staring at me. My cheeks became very hot and red. Out of nowhere, Woohyun started laughing and sighed.

"So you're the reason I'm here right now? Waaah..." he chuckled deeply and rested his head on the wall. He rolled over to face me and grinned. "Are you sure you're not an ex of mine? They can make people pretty suicidal."

I shifted nervously so Myungsoo grabbed hold of my arm with a stern gaze. "I'm not. The only way you'll find out who I am is if we get your memories back." No one said anything. I shifted around more and Myungsoo's grip tightened.

"So what did the doctor tell you, Hyung?" Sungjong asked, hopping onto Woohyun's bed. Woohyun smiled and turned to him.

"I'm actually pretty lucky. I got away with not being badly hurt at all! I have fractured a few minor bones though so I'm going to have to stay here for several weeks," he said as if it wasn't a big deal. The guilt grew.

"So you won't be performing?" Sungjong said worriedly. Woohyun shook his head and jutted his bottom lip out. "That's really terrible. Oh well, we'll come visit you everyday!" Woohyun nodded and they both giggled like school girls. Why hasn't Woohyun's personality changed along with his memories of me? Has his feelings still remained, even if I haven't in his heart?

For a while, the four of us sat and talked about stupid things. Every so often someone would mention an incident that I was in and it would become awkward but we avoided it anyway. The time flew by until the sunset streamed through the windows and bathed the room in a warm orange light. We became silent and simply watched the sun sink into the horizon.

After a while, Myungsoo had to leave and we said goodbye. Sungjong fell asleep in his chair and I sat back to read Woohyun's manhwa. Woohyun leaned over and smirked as he watched my expression. I looked up and laughed to him.

"Boys Over Flowers?! Seriously? Why are you reading this?" I asked him. He chuckled and shrugged.

"It's the only one they have. And the story seems familiar....Also since girls go crazy over that, there must be something good about it right?"

"Yeah but are you a girl? Shall I call you Jandi from now on?" I threw the book at him and he dodged it whilst laughing. He gave me a playful glare and crossed his arms childishly.

"Well then I'll call you Junpyo okay?"

"No. You won't." He threw a magazine at me and this time I got hit. I sat there with a magazine on my face. "You're more like Junpyo," I said under my breathe. Woohyun lifted the magazine from my head and I squinted at the sudden light. He smiled and ruffled my hair.

"Maybe I am. And what does that make you? Are you my Jandi?" he whispered. I stared at him nervously. "Or Jihoo?"

"Yah! I'm not a guy! I'm more like the sweet Ga Eul!"

"She falls in love with the school's playboy. Wow I feel sorry for you," Woohyun laughed.

"You're such a hypocrite!" I yelled. He suddenly stopped laughing and stared at me fiercely.

"What did you say?!"

"Ugh...hypocrite's not the right word-"

"Someone's said that to me before," Woohyun interrupted. We sat for a while in tense silence.

"I've said that before...to you. Do you remember? You said there was an annoying girl who followed you to school one morning. That was me."

Woohyun paused for a moment then looked at me quickly and nodded. "That was you? She...did look....like you."

"You don't remember do you...You know I'm actually your neighbour," I said casually, rocking back on my chair, and blew my fringe out of my eyes.

"I'm sorry." I shook my head and sighed.

"No don't be. I'm sorry that you can't remember. It's my fault." We stayed silent again without looking at each other. There was no way of knowing what he was thinking. He might have fallen asleep. After a while he whispered.

"Haneul?"

"Mmm?"

"Were you also the girl I was doing my scene with before?" I paused for a while before answering.

"Yeah. I was."

"And you were there when Jieun was giving us a lecture right? And the long detour home was......because of you?"

I nodded. "You were following me."

"And I wasn't the one who made those girls shut up during Drama was I... It was you, right?" I nodded again. He sighed and fell back in his bed. Then he started rolling around and .

"Yah! Don't be a baby! I'm taking out my own time to help you here!" I whined. He stopped rolling about and pouted at me.

"Well you're not helping because I can't remember anything!!!" he yelled and threw himself under the covers. Sungjong woke up from the noise and yawned. He rubbed his head and squinted about the room. When he saw me he smiled and fell asleep again.

"Woohyuuuuuun..." I whispered, shoving the shape under the covers. "Heeeeeeey....I'm sorry. It's fustrating for the both of us. If you don't want to remember me then that's okay aswell. I'm not important anyway."

He threw the covers off himself and glared at me with his hair a mess. "Everone is important. It doesn't matter who your family are or how rich you are or if you're popular. Everyone is important to someone." That sounded really familiar. Is that one of my quotes?

Suddenly Sungjong's phone buzzed and he woke up. He looked at it dazedly and then his eyes widened and his jaw dropped. "Guys....the show has been moved forwards. We have an extra three weeks, because apparantly the venue cancelled the booking. Does this mean you could perform, Hyung?" he asked excitedly.

Woohyun winced but then bit his lip and nodded."Possibly. Hopefully."

"This is great!" Sungjong said, yawning. "Wh.....what....time is it?" he yawned.

"Half past six," I said.

"What?! Agh! I have to get home otherwise I'll be in big trouble. Bye bye Hyung and take care. See you tomorrow Haneul," he said rushing out of the room. The silence after he left made the room feel lonely. I looked at Woohyun and he gave a warm smile that I hadn't seen for days. It was as if his whole lying incident had never happened.

"Woohyun...?" I asked cautiously.

"Yeah?"

"Do you really not remember me?" My voice was small and raw. It felt like I was on the verge of tears all of a sudden. "I'm Soyeon's best friend. I'm in your Drama class. I'm not in the year below."

"Haneul? You-" Woohyun began but then stopped. He looked at me in confusion but then his eyes lit up. "I heard the same thing on the day we met."

I nodded and let out a shaky breathe. "I hated you." He laughed quietly and nervously but didn't say a word. "Did I leave a big impression?"

"Yes you did. I remember you. But when I do it hurts." And it did seem like it. Woohyun was clutching at his chest as if his heart was in pain but it didn't show on his face. "It's like that memory of you is something I don't want to bring up. It's one of the ones that kept me up nights on end."

"I don't blame you since I was being predjudice. I would want to forget about that too."

"Then why don't you try and revive happier memories?"

I shook my head and stood up. "Because every memory, happy and sad, make up our relationship." With that I picked up my bag and walked to the door. "Tomorrow, I'll make sure you know who I am. See you then."

And then I left.

_______________

A/N Hey guys! ^^ I'm practising making fan fiction posters.... what do you think? ~~~~> poster