Shattered Glass

Oppa Hates You

A/N  I'm so sorry I haven't updated....it's been so long TT.TT *bursts into tears* but............OMG!!!! Jap. ver of Be Mine fyhgdvbjfhuej so beautiful :'D And have you guys heard this? Korean/Japanese Be Mine you need headphones to listen properly, but damn I cried. I love Infinite so much, can't wait for their comeback....

 

 

"Hey, I have to go talk to some people right now. You'll be alright by yourself for a while right? I'll be back soon," he said confidently, flashing a sweet smile. Hypnotised, I simply nodded without thinking. "I knew I could trust you."

Before I knew it, I was standing alone, in the middle of a massive hall, heavily decorated with expensive flowers and glass wear, filled with important business men and women everywhere. What was I supposed to do when the only reason I was here was for Woohyun? Where is he?

_____________________________________

"He's so charming and dashing, your son. He'll be an amazing leader for your company, Sojin," a posh chaebol woman in the late forties told another woman. The group around them nodded and made noises of approval. I slyly stepped to the side to listen in on their conversation since I was completely bored, pretending I was getting some finger food. Unfortunately there weren't any finger foods but just giant plates of lobster and pasta instead.

"He's got a long way to go first though. As your unnie, I suggest you could start by building up his image. Find him a wife; he is at about that age afterall," another older looking woman said. I almost choked up the piece of pasta I was chewing on at hearing her comment. A few glances flashed in my direction and I cringed.

"What do you mean?! My son is only 19!" Woohyun's mother protested. The group of women tutted and shook their heads.

"It's not the same situation as with any other family. Why don't we help you out. I hear your daughter the violin prodigy is highly successful in her career at the moment, Jihyun. Wouldn't her and Woohyun be a good couple?" the woman said again. I unconciously clenched my fist and looked away. I didn't get a chance to hear her answer as I stormed away to find better entertainment. Not surprisingly, I couldn't recognise anyone in the whole hall at all and I started to feel slightly homesick. My mother was probably very depressed at the moment and I was here wasting time in a place I didn't belong. It was years since the last time I ever felt comfortable around these kinds of people. I vowed I would stay away.

The only reason I broke that promise to myself was to support Woohyun. But as I stared longingly from across the room at him, who had completely forgotton I was there as he spoke to business people, a feeling of abandonment grew and I realised it was a mistake to come. In one last attempt, I slid myself through the groups of super rich to where Woohyun stood.

"Umm..." I began. None of them had heard me. I stood there, blocked by their backs not letting me in. "Woohyun? Oppa?" There came no reply. I doubted he even knew I was standing there. I sighed and turned away, dragging my feet, only to bump into a hard chest. "Sorry. I'm sorry," I panicked, bowing numerous times.

"Haneul?" a familiar voice said. I looked up and breathed a sigh of relief. "Are you alright? You look sad," Sungyeol asked, concerned.

"I'm fine," I said, smiling brightly. "Actually I feel kind of out of place here." Sungyeol frowned and glared at Woohyun's back disapprovingly.

"Is he not treating you well?" Sungyeol said darkly. He sighed and turned back to me. "It's not his fault really. He's working right now." I nodded and dropped my head down. Suddenly a warm arm wrapped around my shoulders and guided me forwards. "Well you can hang out with us, okay. Don't feel sad anymore. It's supposed to be a party."

He lead me towards Infinite, the only people I knew in the room. They greeted me with warm smiles and I relaxed slightly. But a disturbance in the group was stopping me from dropping my guard; Soyeon was sending me death glares.

"Noona! I missed you at our practise!" Sungjong whined, linking arms with me and grinning. I bit my lip and smiled appologetically.

"It's been a while," Hoya said.

"You look really good, Haneul," Sunggyu smiled, sipping on his cocktail. For some reason, it felt like their talking was a whole other conversation. All I could sense were Soyeon's blazing eyes on me. She nodded sharply but very slyly so that no one apart from me noticed. She turned away and I took it she wanted me to follow.

Soyeon walked back to the food tables and then twisted sharply on her heels. "Haneul. Will you be cooperating?"

"In what way?" I said dumbly. She huffed and bit the side of in annoyance.

"I don't want trouble. I just want you to not approach Woohyun," she muttered through gritted teeth. I laughed bitterly at the irony.

"You don't need to worry about that happening." She smiled and nodded.

"Good. Then I can have him for the night, right?"

"I'd love to watch you try," I sneered, turning to leave. Suddenly I felt a sharp pain on my head as I realised Soyeon had grabbed a handful of my hair.

"AAH! Let go!"

"What does that mean?! You said you wouldn't get in my way!" she shrieked. I winced as she jabbed harshly at my hair, lifting out the roots.

"I'm not, you freak! Just let go!" I hissed, not wanting to make a scene. People had already begun to turn their heads. She slowly let go and backed off with huntress eyes. It's been a while since I saw that look.

"You think I can't have him?!" she spat as I rubbed my head.

"I can't be bothered with you," I sighed. Again I turned away but the same thing happened. "What's your problem?!"

"How am I supposed to know whether or not you'll betray me again?! You think I can't have him?!" she repeated again. I winced as her grip on my hair tightened. My heart dropped, noticing the growing crowd of watchers around us. It was too late when she bagan to pull me by the roots. Swiftly and sharply, I kicked behind me and landed my foot on her shins. Taking that chance I spun us both around, as she released my hair, and grabbed her from behind so she couldn't move.

"Don't try and mess with me, Soyeon. I know you can't have him," I whispered into her ear, avoiding the prying listeners around us. 

"And......why...is that?" she breathed roughly with a dark grin.

"Because he's mine." As soon as those words lifted from my lips, Soyeon took that as her cue to grab my arm and twist me in front of her. Once again she took hold of my hair and the murmurs from the crowd increased. At this rate we'd be chucked out.

"How dare you say that! You promised me!" she raged.

"I never did!" I reached behind me and grabbed her waist, lifting my foot and pushing her back, aiming to make her fall. But she was just as quick as she threw her knee up and knocked me off balance. Together we both fell as time seemed to slow, both of us realising what was to happen. I looked behind me as Soyeon's eyes brimmed with tears and panic.

In the spur of the moment, I covered my best friend with my arms protectively and braced for the impact of the fall as we smashed into the food table. The epic crash echoed throughout the building and the whole hall rung with the shattering of delicate glasswear showering us with a deadly tinkling. 

A horendous humming filled my ears as I lay unable to move. A sobbing came from my arms and I let go of Soyeon. Nobody else moved.

The time between the fall and me sitting up was immeasurable. No one was helping me. I searched through the people around me through tear fillled eyes for Woohyun, but when I saw him it broke my heart.

He stared stiffly and in disgust from afar as I called to him. I began to lose my voice and mouthed to him, 'Oppa, help me' but he took no notice. Eventually he coldly put on a poker face and turned away to continue his discussion as if I nothing had happened. As if I wasn't sitting there bleeding. As if he didn't want to know me. 

"Who invited these wretched girls?"

"What uncivilized creatures."

"Someone should take them away. It's disgusting." The whisperings grew louder and louder but I couldn't hear any of them. My heart hurt. And the pain of betrayal wouldn't weaken. 

I looked around myself and noticed Soyeon had been taken away by Sungyeol. Gingerly I tried to stand but a sharp pain shot through my legs and I fell down again.

"Move out of my way!" a hard voice ordered from behind the crowd. My heart lifted for a moment, thinking it was Woohyun, but it was Myungsoo who barged through the crowd. In the space of a few seconds he had delicately swept me up and carried me bridal style through the stunned men and women like a hurricane. People moved out of his way instinctively. He stormed across the hall and wouldn't put me down until we had walked out of the building and reached the hotel garden.

Nervously, Myungsoo sat me down on the edge of the massive fountain which was lit up with soft white lights. He crouched down and breathed in deeply. Above us the naive stars twinkled innnocently against the dark expanse of inky blue stretching across the sky. My legs mirrored the sparkle with blood and cut glass.

Myungsoo trembled as he picked out the largest pieces of glass from my legs, not meeting my thankful gaze. He was worried about hurting me. Although the glass seemed not to hurt in comparison...

"M-maybe I-I should get someone-" he stuttered, wiping his brow with his sleeve.

"No! Please don't go!" I called as he turned to leave. "Don't leave me alone. Please."

He hesitated then nodded before silently sitting beside me.

"I'll do it myself," I said, pinching out the shards. Myunsoo began to take them out of my arm too.

"What was that about?" he said softly. He wouldn't meet my gaze or reveal his thoughts through his voice. I wondered if he was judging me.

"Me and Soyeon aren't on very good terms at the moment." Myungsoo nodded silently, flicking away a piece of glass. "It's not a big deal. She's just hot-headed."

"About Woohyun, right?" he said casually. My eyes widened and I faced him. He peered up through his lashes and bit his lip. "She's a wierd girl. Acting more like his fan than his girlfriend."

"How....did you...."

"It's pretty obvious. But you like him too." With that he dropped his head again with a poker face. But not quickly enough for me to miss the slight disappointment he showed. "I don't think Woohyun's in the position to choose either of you."

"That's not fair. He used to follow me around and drive me crazy. Now that I finally like him he's left me like he did so many times to other girls. It's like he hasn't changed at all..."

"Just forget about that guy, Haneul. A leopard can't change its spots," he said, his stoic tone never betraying his emotions.

"Is that the same for you?" Myungsoo's head shot up and his hands froze stiffly.

"Don't bring up the past. I'm not like that guy."

"Really? You don't seem much different to me, especially when I think about how-"

"I said don't!" he yelled. He searched my eyes tiredly with a look I couldn't understand. It was as if he wanted to appologize but he wouldn't since he didn't do anything wrong. "I'm not like Woohyun. I'm better than him."

I didn't say anything more. After five minutes he got up and left without a word.