Away From Here

Oppa Hates You

A/N  Waaa! Did people like the news Nam Appa gave to Woohyun? ^^ Of course not keke, but let's just find out what happens...neh? Also would you like more Myungsoo scenes? I might put some in if it's insisted... but if something goes terribly wrong between Haneul and Woohyun then it's not my fault >o<. Thank you for reading and enjoy this chapter! Ooh and the picture above is just some appreciation of maknae line's amazing skin XD

 

 

Haneul's POV

 

"Hello everyone," he spoke, his voice smooth and trustworthy. I didn't know whether to buy it or not. "Thank you for the warm welcome. Is everyone enjoying their evening?" he asked cheekily, raising his eyebrows and pointing the microphone to the crowd. All the crazy fans at the front screamed out their 'yes!' and the ahjussis and ahjummas at the back smiled and praised him. He's very popular, just like at school.

"I'm glad," he chuckled, winking slyly and taking back the mic.

"A lot of you maybe wondering, 'Other than stunning good looks and breath-taking charm, what can this young boy bring to the world of business?' " he joked, putting a finger to his lip and pretending to ponder. Everyone laughed and his gleaming smile returned. I scoffed at first but giggled seeing, out of the corner of my eye, Sungyeol pretend to gag. "Well, I have some brilliant ideas to progress my father's company. To take the enterprise far into the future of development and investment.

"A dream of mine was to be able to make everyone happy, and people often told me that's not possible. I disagree," he continued, walking to the other side of the stage. "The aim of our company is to do just that: make everyone happy. I believe I have the capability to make it happen. I hope everyone will anticipate this change in our company because, I promise you, I'll lead Nam Coorporations to success whereby all our customers gain the best experiences ever. This is for certain."

Everybody applauded yet again and the whole hall was an uproar of crazy fan girls. Who are these people? Woohyun's smile continued to shine as he bowed to the crowds, but he hadn't finished yet. When it had become quiet, he lifted the mic to his mouth again.

"I have another anouncement as well." An excited whispering washed through the people instantly but I didn't manage to catch much of it. Something about him choosing someone? I shifted uncomfortably where I was standing and looked back at the stage where Woohyun was rolling the mic between his hands nervously. He flashed a grin to the fan girls for reassurance but I knew him too well to be fooled. He was also uncomfortable. "I'm looking ..........for a wife."

A sudden screaming came from the front row as the girls squealed and jumped up and down hysterically. I huffed in annoyance at his stupid joke. What's so funny and exciting? But as I saw Woohyun's worried expression as he stood alone under the harsh lighting, a dreadful sinking feeling flowed through me. He was serious.

"Finding someone to share the duties of running our company with me is an obligation of mine to do as soon as possible; it's something the Nam family have done for generations," he recited. I was completely frozen and my ears hummed with a burning sensation, almost until I couldn't hear what he said. "I will be announcing my engagement during the next week so I hope everyone will wish me and my wife-to-be a happy future. Thank you for listening and please enjoy the rest of the party!" He ended it smoothly and bowed without a smile.

He strolled off the stage and disappeared while everyone dispersed, not even bothering to whisper their exitement anymore. My head spun and I felt dizzy. I wondered if I had drunk an alcoholic drink accidentally. No, I should stop denying it now; I'm probably just jealous of the girl Woohyun will marry.

Despite already confirming to myself that I like him, I couldn't help my anger coming on. The room was feeling too hot and I made to leave quickly. Along the way some fan girls were making it worse.

"I hope he chooses me," one said. "I'll be the best wife."

"No no, he should choose me to spend forever with," said another.

"Don't be silly. We all know I'm his true bride."

I felt like throwing up and rushed out of the hotel with a hand over my mouth, only to be greeted but a tsunami of rapid camera flashes and microphones shoved into my face. My eyes widened at the reporters desperate faces and I ran through them all onto the street. Suddenly I bumped into someone and, as I looked up, my gut twisted yet again.

"Ugh! I thought all the bother was the Infinite oppas!" an irritating girl whined, pouting angrily as I stepped back in shock.

"False alarm guys. It's just some girl who's being sick," an older girl said to the masses of fans waiting in the cold with their banners and gifts. They all moaned and gave me dirty looks. I sat on the ground with the other girls and sulked as well, shivering dramatically since I was only in a short dress. One of them handed me a blanket and I thanked her with a mini bow.

"Wait! Is that her?!" I heard a familiar voice squeek from a distance. My stomach clenched and I prayed it wouldn't be them. How many times in one day?! "It is! Ugh why is she out here?"

"Maybe Woohyun didn't want trash like her anymore and now she's here to cry," her friend sneered. It was the two girls before, from our school.

"Or even better, he kicked her out!" the other laughed maliciously. I glared at them but they didn't even look like they knew I could hear them.

"Yah!" I yelled. They both turned around and stepped back in fright. I got up and gave the blanket back to the fan before storming up to the two girls. "Can you stop talking about me like that?! What have I ever done to offend you?!"

The first girl seemed to be braver and spoke up first with a nasty tone. "You took away Woohyun oppa, that's what you did!"

"Was he ever yours?!" I raged. Stupid children like this shouldn't be let out onto the streets. "He's not your property."

"Yeah, that's right. He's not our property, he belongs to everyone! That's why you should back off!" she said. Her friend stayed quiet but nodded in agreement. I huffed and rolled my eyes.

"Okay, Number 1: I'm not trying to do anything with him. Do you know how many times he's bothered me? And Number 2-"

"I don't care about your excuses! Don't go near him anymore, ! Okay?!" she yelled angrily into my face. I wiped my face as her spit flew about and glared at her in disgust. How can someone be so ridiculous?

"Don't call me a -" I got cut short when someone slapped me in my face and I fell to the ground. I should have seen this coming, of course people at school would get jealous of me and hate on me. I looked up, my cheek burning, and found the angry gaze of another one of those girls. She spat on the ground next to me and sneered.

"What's the problem, dongsaeng?" she said, not taking her glare off of me. 

"Unnie, this is her," the first girl said pointing at me on the ground. I tried to sit up but the older girl threw her foot into my gut, knocking the air out of me, and I bent over in pain. I squinted through my blurry vision as she called out to some people and they made their way to where I was. I couldn't do anything as her friends crowded around me.

Suddenly, a hand yanked me upright by my hair and I was forced to stand up. "I don't like her. She's not screaming."

I breathed heavily. My head hurt from the sharp pain caused by her grip, but I don't scream to girls like her. I'm not pathetic. "Let go. Now."

"Oooooh." They all jeered at my comment and clapped crazily. "Wow she has guts."

"You took Woohyun oppa away from us!" one mad looking girl slurred, stumbling up to me and pressing her nose against mine. "Hell! You even took Sungyeol, greedy ."

"I heard she's taken Myungsoo too!" someone yelled from behind. I made to punch her but the other's grip on my hair tightened as she pulled back with a jab.

"Let. Go!" I yelled, gritting my teeth. They all laughed like crazy as someone came up and punched my stomach again. This was getting so stupid.

"Such an attention-seeking baby. A useless piece of dirt."

"Haha! Attention-seeking dirt!"

"So dirty! Don't touch the dirt!"

"Disgusting."

Every insult was a stab to me. I had never felt so much hate directed at me and I couldn't understand why it was happening. Why are there people like this?! They continued to take turns at slapping me or punching me until my already dizzy head became a messy blur. I gasped and slumped as I was pulled up by my hair again, ready to meet the next fist. This blow would surely knock me unconcious.

Suddenly an uproar thundered from behind as the reporters flashed their cameras and shouted out various questions to whoever was coming out of the hotel. I took the chance when the girls were distracted to kick the girl holding me and release my hair. She let out a gasp and backed off but I wasn't quick enough as the others heard her gasp and saw me standing in an almost prepared stance. My legs were shaking and I was about to collapse. I was still trapped in the circle they'd made.

"How could you let her go?!" one of them screamed. Out of nowhere, more screaming burst out and the fangirls came rushing forward to the hotel with their banners. I searched over the crowds on my tiptoes but there was no need to as he trashed past the girls and ran past me too.

He punched the girl who was holding my hair and pushed the girls closest to me onto the ground without hesitation, I hadn't seen him this raged since my kidnapping.

Woohyun breathed heavily, his knuckles clenched and white. "WHO'S CAUSING TROUBLE TO MY GIRL?! HUH?! Don't you dare mess with her! I don't care who you are!" he shouted at the terrified girls on the pavement. The whole crowd was silent. He called me.....his girl? I stared at him in shock, frozen completely.

Jieun, Hyosung and Soyeon suddenly barged through the people and ran to my side, clutching onto me protectively. Soyeon spat on the ground at one of the girls while Hyosung put a jacket onto my shoulders.

"You better pray I don't see you again!" Soyeon screamed at them.

"Haneul, are you okay? Did they hurt you?" Jieun worried. I looked at her with wide eyes but I was in too much shock to reply.

Without once looking at me, Woohyun stormed over and grabbed my wrist, pulling me roughly from the scene. He marched furiously and darkly around the block, so quickly I was having trouble keeping up, especially since all my energy was drained. Woohyun sighed in frustration as I tripped and stopped dead in his tracks. He pulled me to him and swiftly swept me up to carry me.

"Woohyun, where are we going?" I asked him nervously in a hush. I was still scared of this volatile Woohyun.

His face was menacing when he replied in a dark voice. "Away from here."

I didn't dare say anything more.

______________________________

I don't how it happened but sometime after walking around the streets of Seoul at night for ages, I had fallen asleep on Woohyun's back. He must've moved me at some point. I slowly opened my eyes and blinked, taking in our surroundings. It looked no different from when I was last awake. I let out a long yawn and Woohyun peered over his shoulder with a grin.

"You awake? You've been sleeping for a while now," he chuckled quietly. He was still aimlessly strolling around the city with me on his back. Cars whizzed by with flashing lights as we turned down a high street.

"Mmm," I yawned again, burying my face onto his back.

"No you're not! You're sleeping again!" he laughed. I could feel the vibrations tickle my cheek and looked away. "Hey!" he sighed. "You're not sleeping are you?"

"Mm-nm" I mumbled, shaking my head but still dozing off anyway.

"Good. Stay awake. I need someone to talk to otherwise it's boring by myself."

"It's not too weird to talk to yourself if I'm here," I said, cheerfully resting my chin on his shoulder. His face lit up as we past a familiar looking arcade with bright colourful lights and exciting sounds.

"Well it's less weird if you talk to me," he reasoned.

"Aren't you getting tired of carrying me?"

"No, you're really light," he lied. We'd walked halfway down the street already but Woohyun continued to walk.

"I have feet you know." He said nothing and I sighed. "Can I ask you about what happened earlier on?"

Woohyun stayed quiet for a while but I didn't know whether it was a good or bad thing. "Go ahead," he said eventually.

"Why did you say 'my girl'? Aren't you going to get in trouble, since you're supposed to be looking for a wife and all."

He sighed and looked at his feet with a concentrating expression. "I think I was just angry and it slipped out. Suppose I will be in trouble with all the reporters and everything. But I don't even care, you'll support me. Right, Haneul?"

"Of course," I cheered helplessly. "But..."

"But?"

"But you'll be married soon, to another girl," I said quietly.

"Don't say that, Haneul. It makes me feel sick. Agh, I'm too young for this!" he shouted down the street, earning a few shocked stares from passers-by. "You're right though. But it doesn't matter to me."

"It should matter!" I said, trying to sound supportive instead of bitter. It might make it easier for him, even if I wished it wasn't happening this way. "I wonder who the girl will be..."