Mini Chapter

Oppa Hates You

A/N Sorry that this is only a mini chapter. TT.TT Holidays have finished and back at school means final exams for me...I just wanna write! :( As a sorry, the next chapter will be a little different! ^^ Enjoy!

 

"No. I don't want to know Woohyun. We can just leave it there okay?"

"But...If you don't know then I...I can't live with myself." Woohyun shuffled his feet on the ground looking down guiltily.

"I can't handle any more news."

"But just let me tell you this one last thing." He looked up at me with his eyes pleading. Even though I don't care about appearances, that was just too cute. "Afterwards you can hate me forever. I know you will but at least I can accept that this is all I can do."

"Fine," I sighed. "Since we'll be even, tell me yours." Woohyun took in a deep breath before he began and his face dropped to become absolutely serious.

"In the beginning, I just wanted you to not like Sungyeol. I told you to stay away but you never listened. I was jealous. There I admit it. It wasn't fair since he always got your smiles and I only ever got your anger and hatred," he said with his voice becoming louder. He paused for a moment to calm down. "You kept on being with him and it irritated me because I'm a selfish person. I wanted you to see that he's not better than me, that he had his fair share of faults. That's when..wh.." Woohyun trailed off and I noticed a small twinkle by his eyes in the darkness.

"Woohyun? Are you...crying?" I asked.

"NO! I just..." he sighed and cleared his throat. "I set him up."

"Of course you did. You're as bad as each other."

"No really, I made it up," Woohyun insisted.

"Not completely. You might have been the one to tell me about it but he still denied those photos, even though I had clearly seen them."

"I don't think you understand. I made all of it up. Sungyeol never took those pictures. I did." I stepped back in shock but I couldn't understand.

"Wh...what...do you mean? You're the stalker?" He shook his head.

"No one was stalking you. I took those pictures of you with Sungyeol's camera to frame him and make you stay away from him. I'm telling you this because that plan just made you hate the both of us and you deserve to know that he didn't do anything."

Woohyun walked past me and back down the road without even a goodbye. He thinks I hate him now. I had no idea whether I should have forgiven him or actually hate him, but a small part of me told me that this situation was wrong and it shouldn't be going this way. I should be the one walking away, not him. There was something I'm missing in this picture. Something that I couldn't see. Something has changed.

Regardless of my burning desire to put things right, I let him slip away. He was gone and I was by myself again, just like I had asked for. But that doesn't make me happy.

I slowly dragged my feet back to a main road that I recognised and made the horrible trek home. My heart hurt but I didn't feel angry or upset. Just confused as how to react.

Who am I supposed to hate and who are my friends exactly?

___________________________

 

Bright and early, my morning was as normal as ever. Everything flowed so smoothly and yet I just couldn't get rid of that one nagging question in the back of my head. I should really be happy but nothing felt normal.

I walked to school at the usual time and Woohyun wasn't anywhere in sight. 15 minutes later, I spotted him buying a drink in a corner store. I strolled past without a second glance and he didn't notice at all. This is where I can finally avoid him. This is where I can finally forget about him.

"Haneul!" No, this really can't be happening to me. I frustratingly peered over my shoulder and tensed a little to realize it was actually Sungyeol who had called me. "Haneul, wait up!" I stopped to let him catch up."Good morning!"

"Good morning, Sungyeol," I replied and turned around to carry on walking. He walked beside me at a leisurely pace since his legs were so long. Without asking, he took my bag and carried it for me. I gave a small nod and smile as a thank you.

"Hey I don't know if I should bring this up but....about yesterday...." Sungyeol said hesitantly, biting his lip.

"Mmm...Don't worry about it. I'm sorry, it was my mistake. I guess I just misunderstood something from before and blamed it on you." He nodded and relaxed.

"I had started to worry that I did something wrong to make you hate me. Jieun did say that stuff and I thought it changed your mind about me. I don't want you to think like I'm the rest of them because I'm not. Don't forget that I'm helping you to stop Woohyun being a player-"

"I'm not doing that anymore. It's tiresome because all I do is argue with him," I interrupted with a sigh. "Soyeon isn't one to bere a grudge anyway." Sungyeol gave me a look of shock and tilted his head at me curiously.

"So the plan is over?" I nodded. "That's disappointing. I was hoping we could spend more time together." He looked forward again and smiled to himself regretfully.

"We still can."

"Really? Want to get ice cream after school?" He gave me the smile I had missed so much, making me at a loss for words. I just eagerly nodded with a stupid grin on my face.

"Are you not busy? You're like an oppa to so many girls I didn't think you had free time," I mumbled. He laughed and suddenly held my hand out of nowhere. I froze completely but he didn't notice.

"What's that supposed to mean?! Oppa? Is that a joke? I'm trying to get out as much as possible recently. It's healthier right?" We both laughed and he started swing our arms back and forth.

"Of course! Ice cream is the healthiest of foods!" For the while we walked in comfortable silence and his hand was still wrapped around mine. I wondered when he'd become so close to me. When did that happen? But then he brought up that stupid topic again.

"So what really happened between you and Woohyun? Did he do something really horrible to you?" Sungyeol I don't know if I should tell you since it's not my place to say. You really have no idea.

"Sort of. I just can't stand him anymore."

"Fair enough. It looks like he did something bad to really make you hate him." Hate him?! Sungyeol saw my expression and chuckled. "You can't see your face right now but, trust me, you look like you're ready to kill someone."

I should feel that way but...

Hate him...I don't hate him.

Why does it seem that way?