Japan

Oppa Hates You

Even though I'd already decided to forget about him, all my thoughts lead back to Woohyun every time. And every time I thought about him, I felt another weight of guilt build up on my shoulders. It was a heavy burden to have him playing on my mind, especially when I realized I could have made him stay in the hospital a little longer by bringing up what I'd already told him. I had lied too and tried to hurt him, and I was too afraid to confess it again. Has he forgotten that too? Would it have been painful enough that it wouldn't be revived like the other memories?

I sighed longingly, and decided to call Soyeon to hear her voice one more time.

"Soyeon-ah?"

"Oh? What's up, Haneul-ii?" her voice came through. She still sounded like she had lots of energy.

"I don't know. I can't sleep."

"Wondering where Woohyun is?" she chuckled. "Well that's what I'm doing anyway."

"I couldn't care less where he is. Well I am a bit worried maybe..." I trailed off. "But-"

"Agh, I really wanted to see him today. Do you think he'd accept me back again, Haneul?"

"Ugh..." I mumbled. I didn't really want to think about Soyeon dating Woohyun. Even though he's not like he was the last time they went out. "Of course he will," I muttered helplessly. The image of the two together hurt my heart and I shook it out of my head.

"Thank you, Haneul. You're such a good friend. I hope you and Sungyeol will be a couple soon, he seems to like you."

"Soyeon, I don't think so. Last time I went out with him, he hinted that we were just friends and nothing more. And he even made a couple name for me as a joke."

"Aww that's too bad," Soyeon mumbled. It sounded like she hadn't really listened and was distracted by something else. "Well when Woohyun appears, I'll make sure to make him mine!" she chirped.

"How are you so confident about that guy? He's not really one to be kind to you and I don't like this idea of-"

"Are you sure you don't like him?!" she interrupted me. "It sounds like you care about him a lot!"

"No! It's not like that. I just-" Again she interrupted me, her voice getting louder and angrier.

"Then how is it like?! Huh?! You're closer to him than I am so you feel like I'm taking him from you! Is that it?!" she yelled suddenly. The phone trembled and I moved it away from my ear, wincing.

"Soyeon, please listen. You're stressing out again."

"I'll listen if you answer me," she spoke in a deadly voice. "Do you have feelings for Woohyun?"

Her words struck me and left me dumbfounded. How could I react to that? My instant reply should be 'of course not' but that would be a lie. Every time I think of Woohyun my heart either hurts or flutters. He surprises me everytime I see him and his sincerity which I admire so much is second to none. How can I not have feelings for him?

"Your silence is answer enough," Soyeon said, her tone menacing and spiteful. "You're supposed to be my friend, but you betrayed me and left me for him. And I won't let you have him, Haneul. You only got to know him because of me, so now I'm taking him back from you. Don't get in my way, okay?" she said with words dripping in bitter sugar. I'd never heard her speak to me like that before. "Woohyun's mine."

"Um, Soyeon I don't mind but.... Well, Woohyun's not here," I whispered in a trembling voice. I heard her huff dramatically on the other end.

"Yeah, so?! Does that mean I can't have him? You want to find him yourself? Fine. Let's fight for him, I'm more than ready to take you down, Haneul. I've already had a relationship with him anyway. You're afraid right?" she snickered and quickly hung up before I got a word in. I sighed and couldn't really let the conversation sink in. Even as tears silently stream down my face, I couldn't acknowledge that my best friend was ready to fight me for a guy.

I threw myself onto my bed, burying my face in the pillow and screamed as loudly as I could. I'm fine too, Soyeon. If she wants to fight then I'm ready as well. I've had enough of this awkward situation where everyone is lying and hateful. This time I'm making my own descision for myself! Soyeon, you can't have him. He's my idiot and he's not getting away from me this time around.

______________________

Woohyun's POV

I'd been in Japan for three days now and it already killed me to be so far away from Haneul. Every day I miss her more. I tried my hardest to get through tuition with the thought that at the end of it I'd be able to see her again just for a moment, regardless that the truth is I never will.

"Business enterprise is largely contributed through foreign relations. In your case you're lucky that your family already have that. Why do you think communications with foreign countries might help business progression? Woohyun-ssi? Haksaeng, are you listening?!" my tutor yelled at me. I snapped out of my day dream and turned to him. He glared at me and I shrugged, leaning back on my chair and putting my feet on the desk.

"Something about globalisation?" I suggested, yawing slightly. His glare intensified.

"You should listen more when I'm teaching since your father is paying vast amounts of money for you to be here," he sighed. I scoffed and stared him down with a smirk.

"Come on, saem.  You know that my family have tones of money at their disposal. Your existance is merely a speck of dust on our endless documents listing our employees. I'm sure you understand that don't you?" I sneered. He gulped and rubbed his palms on his trousers before straightening his back and clearing his throat.

"I don't think I can teach you today. Fine, we'll finish now and I hope tomorrow you'll be paying more attention, okay?" he warned, picking up his books and marching out of the classroom, leaving me alone. I sat there for several more minutes staring out of the window at the cold blue sunset, colder than the ones in Korea. And I expected that the summer sunset would be hotter than in Korea too.

After 2 hours, I lazily dragged myself out of the room and wondered around the streets of Tokyo aimlessly. I found myself wandering into Shinkuku Park so I sat by the side of the large lake. Suddenly I heard a large commotion behind me.

"Yes it's all good but the light in this area doesn't allow the camera to focus. Can we move, TOP-ssi?" a director asked a tall man in a parker with ash blonde hair. He looked familliar.

"That's fine with me," he replied in a husky voice and took a swig from a bottle of water that an assistant handed him. He must be a famous celebrity. The team of producers moved so the sun was facing them and set up the equipment again. I got up and approached them.

"What is this for?" I asked an assistant in Japanese. She looked up at me and gasped, ducking her head to conceal her blush. Even Japanese girls are the same are they?

I chuckled as she shuffled her feet, facing the ground. "TOP is shooting a music video," she said quietly. My eyes widened and I looked at the man in the parker.

"TOP? Our TOP-saem?!"

TOP turned around when he heard his name and gasped when he saw me, his expression of shock turning slowly into a smile. He put up his hand to wave me over.

"Woohyun? Wow, it's been a while," he said, running his fingers smoothly through his hair. All of a sudden my teahcer looked like a movie star.

"What's all this? Is this what you've been doing all this time, saem?" I asked innocently.

"Ssssh!" he hushed, putting his hand over my mouth and a finger over his lips. He smirked and chuckled deeply. "Don't call me saem here. I'm trying to make it big in Japan as a music artist so right now I'm not your teacher, okay?" he smiled. I nodded in awe and he put his hand down. "I guess I don't need to ask you why you're in Japan, Woohyun. Your father finally turned you around, am I right?" I nodded helplessly again.

"My life is over now."

"Don't be silly, Woohyun. You're my hubae now since you're in the performance industry," he laughed, flashing a gleaming smile. No wonder he's an idol here. "I heard that you're part of a group called Infinite?"

I shook my head and stared at my feet. The sun was sinking further down the horizon and a producer ushered TOP but he just waved her away. "I'm not doing that anymore, since I'm in Japan. I've sacrificed many things to be here so it's hopeless to try and carry on."

TOP shook his head disappointedly and tutted. "Sacrificed for what cause? If you're not happy then why leave happiness behind? If I were you, I would have kept that little glimmer and nurtured it through thick and thin until it became a burning bright star."

"Erm..what does that mean?" I chuckled nervously. He scratched the back of his neck and laughed.

"That was supposed to be inspirational! I don't really know. But as your former teacher, I urge you to carry on with that passion of yours. You can't leave Infinite behind when you worked so hard."

"Yeah well....I wish so much to go back to Korea but what can I do? It's not my choice."

TOP giggled and put his hand over his mouth. He stared at me curiously, with eyes that had suddenly burned with firely flames. "I have an idea." I tilted my head and took a step back instinctively. "I'm returning back to Woolim High after I've filmed this MV. You can come with me, Woohyun."

I stared at him in horror, my throat drying up and my hands becoming sweaty. I shook my head instantly and turned to walk away but my feet were heavy. "I can't do that. I have a responsiblity to my family to stay here. Meeting you saem is as close as I can get to home. I have a new life now."

And then I pulled up all my energy to drag myself away from the scene and head back to the appartment. I couldn't have any more contact that might make me change my mind. The line between me and her is too thin, I can't risk any more distractions.

__________________

A/N Happy Valentines Day!!!!! <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 ^^ I hope everyone has a lovely day! If you're forever alone like me TT.TT don't forget that Infinite have their special Valentines gift which might just keep us going! Lets continue to support them! Infinite Inspirit hwaiting! And thank you if you've subscribed and commented! It means a lot and keeps me writing!