Geumjung's Blackmail

Oppa Hates You

"Attention everyone, I'm sure you're all wondering why we've gathered you but just- HEY! SIT DOWN!"

The student council deputy head was standing on a chair, looking at everyone with a death glare that could make the sun go cold and hide in a neighbouring galaxy. Even so, she hardly reached my eye level on that chair anyway.

"HEY! Why is no one listening....?" She looked really red and angry, which was kind of cute. I sighed and stood up, realising that even her duck-like friends were cowards.

"HEY EVERYONE! You guys are really rude! Listen to what the shortie has to say so I can go have my lunch now!" I walked back to my chair, satisfied with the silence but then realising I was probably going to get in trouble for calling her a midget. Everyone's eyes were on the deputy head.

"Thank you...? Um, anyway. My name is Park Geumjung. I see that six of you are here. Myungsoo isn't feeling well today is he? I'll explain quickly what the commitee wants from you. Maybe you've wondered if our ranking had any purpose? Well actually you might have noticed that several schools in our area have been competing in various activities and competitions. A popular one is the Male Idol Survival contest. And we've entered all of you and Myungsoo to represent our school in this event." 

The girl turned around and nodded to her friend. She unrolled a poster which had been featured everywhere around the school and had been the basis of much gossip- though I never cared to get involved. On the front, there was a dramatic silhouette of 13 people in idol poses on a brightly lit stage. Across them were the words 'The New Year's Official School Idol Championships'. Ohhhh god what is wrong with people? Reminds me of Ouran High School Host Club somehow with this group of hot guys giving some strange service to high school girls. This is a stupid idea, I shouldn't have gotten involved.

"Uh, where is Soyeon?" Geumjung asked. Damn.

"I...She's can't come for the next few meetings," I mumbled. She looked at me with disgusted eyes and suddenly I really regreted calling her a shortie.

"Sorry but who are you?" I really should leave.

"I'm Haneul, Soyeon asked me to take her place on the commitee."

"The girls and I have selected you boys as the Top Guys in the school girl ranking for Woolim High for the purpose of entering this All-singing, All-dancing Male Idol extravaganza! We have it all planned out....." She started rumaging in her back and then handed out some letters. Ugh, she completely ignored me! Maybe this way I can get out of this craziness though.

"Okay here it is-"

"Hey! Girl at the front!" A guy from the back shouted while walking towards her.

"Ah, yes, Sunggyu-ssi?"Geumjung said with glowing eyes.

"You just entered us for some stupid competition without our consent? What the hell is this? I'm not gonna do this rubbish," he snapped, thowing the paper at her feet which he'd folded into an airplane. She jumped off her chair and grabbed his arm as he turned to the door.

"Wait, I haven't finished explaining. Please just let me finish?" she begged. He looked over his shoulder with a glare which turned to shock as he looked out of the window behind her. I also looked and almost fell back on my chair. A bunch of creepy fan-girls were squeeling and taking pictures on their phones of the seven guys in the room. He swivelled, panicked, towards Geumjung who smiled deviously.

"You see, you already have fans." She let go of his arm and turned back to the others. "You guys have to plan out a good performance before December 26th when the auditions are held. Afterwards you need to perfect it by New Year's day when the competition starts. You need a second performance for the final too so it's good to start early." Sunggyu bitterly laughed and shook his head.

"We can't do this," he snarled.

Geumjung turned to a guy on her right who had raven-black hair brushed forwards. "I'm not so sure. The whole school thinks you can." Everyone looked at the guy who had no idea what she was implying. "This guy, his name is Hoya. I have knowledge you've won many dance competitions in the past, right? The girls convinced me that you'll be leading this group to victory as easily as we say you can. He's a legend, guys." The guy eyed her silently.

"And you, Sunggyu-ssi. Don't make me laugh. You know you can. You're the secret weapon, 'Angel's Voice'." He just glared at her.  I didn't get what was happening at all, I mean what about that guy Woohyun? What could he possibly do? I looked at him and wondered, maybe he's their visual? All the girls at my school are so vain. At least Sungyeol was here too, who I knew to be a nice person and has actual talent.

"You'll get something out of it I'm sure. We just want to bring you together." Actually they just want to fufill their crazy fantasies. I laughed under  my breath which earned me a harsh glare from the duck girls.

"What you'll get though is the prize of 2 million Won. [A/N converts to very roughly 1000 pounds] Also there will be some entertainment company managers there who could sign you on............. Huh. I guess it doesn't mean much to you so I'll just say this- we built up this reputation for you so you will give us something back. If you don't, we'll take you down just as easily as we built you up so you'll carry a lifetime's burden of humiliation. You know we can. Don't underestimate the commitee's power, " Geumjung spat, viciously. Suddenly, my dislike for her grew.

"That's balckmail! You can't do this kind of thing!" I shouted, standing up and knocking my chair over. Woohyun looked at me in surprise but then smiled with a sense of awe. Who does that player think he is?

"It isn't any of your business, Haneul. You're not Soyeon so you should just stay quiet," Geumjung retorted. "Anyway, the last note is that we've just collected in our poll and the favourite name for your group turned out to be 'Infinite' which represents your infinite amount of possibilities. Maybe you could do something with that? Promote it or something. Okay so we're done, come again next week at the same time guys. I look forward to seeing how you've progressed by then." She blew the guys a kiss then, satisfied with the meeting, waddled out of the class room. I huffed and sat back in the chair after picking it up. There was a very long awkward silence and everyone felt uncomfortable. It felt like a hurricane had just hit, turned everything upside down and then left, leaving everything in a mess.

Dongwoo and Hoya, who seemed to be pretty close, got up first to leave. Sungyeol, seeing them go, got up too. Sunggyu was ranting in the corner to Sungjong. So that just left me with a creepy Woohyun. He gazed at me with a stupid smile which made his eyes disappear.

"Why did you get so upset? It's not your problem," he asked me delicately. I hope he doesn't think I care about him.

"It's not fair for Sungyeol-ssi," I quickly said. His face instantly dropped.

"How do you know Sungyeol?"

I had no idea where I was going with this or what I was doing but I trusted my instincts, hoping this was my chance. I'm sorry Sungyeol-ssi.

"He's helping me with the dances in the play." I hope he bought it because Sungyeol had only agreed this morning. Woohyun looked somewhat sad as I said that but then he shook his head and smirked.

"You really aren't interested in me are you?" He peered up at me through his eyelashes with a smouldering gaze. Is he really bringing this up again? I shook my head, not bothering to even say anything. He nodded in reply and got up after brushing his hand over my cheek with lightning speed. I was about to slap his hand away but he'd already left. My cheek singed where he touched it.

Yeah, I have no idea if this 'revenge' thing is going to work. I really need a plan....

______________________________

A/N yaaaaaaay fourth chapter. I was going to do two chapters but I woke up late and in the end.......well I made the title picture ^^ I drafted two but I'm not sure which is better since they're both equally mediocre :S Expect it up soon! >.< This chapter is kinda boring buuuuuuut I'm gonna get back into the story now and it's going to be some character building of Sungyeol ^^ Oh and you can tell I'm bad with chapter titles XD sorry about that