This Girl

The Timid Dragon and the Terrifying Butterfly
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 


JIYONG

 

 

I opened my eyes, feeling exhausted and worn out. I found myself in an unfamiliar dark room with a huge amount of clutter on floor. 

 

I sat up and leaned on the head board. My mind felt hazy and beat. It's like I just went and took 5 long exams with no breaks. But my body feels oddly relaxed and serene.

 

I felt a light breeze inside the room and it made me shiver. My eyes darted to the comforters and my eyes widened in shock. 

 

Where's my shirt?

 

I usually sleep with a set of pajamas on, and waking up without a shirt is really... weird. 

 

I rubbed my legs together and widened my eyes more. My forehead creased when I didn't feel my soft pajama pants. In fact, I didn't feel anything at all. And I felt unusually airy inside of the covers. I drifted my hands inside and felt something long and a bit hard. The crease on my head went deeper. Was that...? Was that my...? 

 

I peeked inside the covers and put it back down immediately after a second. My face began to pale and I suddenly started to feel cold because of my bareness. 

 

OH MY GOD! WHY AM I ? 

 

"A-yeon-ahhhhhhh" I whined with a tinge of fright. 

 

I protectively covered my whole body with the comforter and made myself into a burrito. I'm not one for condoning the use of swearing, but..

 

WHAT THE IS GOING ON?! 

 

I rolled on the bed with my whole face and body covered by the comforter, thinking of reasons how I got to this point. I cursed at myself and apologized to no one in particular when I had no recollections of the events that led up to this.

 

Where am I and why am I , A-yeon-ahhhhhhhh?!

 

I heard the door open, and on instinct I curled myself up in my armadillo shield position under the sheets. 

 

I felt the bed dip a little bit making me let out an inaudible shriek. Who was that?! Oh my god... WAS I ?!

 

I started to hum something in my head to calm myself down and to stop myself from bursting out in tears. 

 

"Jiyong-ah." a soft voice said. 

 

I felt myself calm down once I heard the familiar voice speak. I opened the comforter a little bit to see who was calling out for me. 

 

I saw a woman sitting down beside me only wearing a t-shirt that seemed like a dress since it was too big for her. Even though the opening I made was small, I could tell that she wasn't wearing anything else underneath since she was shamelessly exposing her legs. And when my eyes darted a little bit up, I could see her......

 

"KYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! A-YEON!!!!!!!"

 

I heard her chuckle a little bit which made me unconsciously smile, Wait. Why am I smiling? 

 

"Babe." I heard her snicker. 

 

MWO?! BABE?!?!?!

 

I felt a hand slither inside a crack on my armadillo fortress and into my neck. The hand kept tickling me and poking my cheek.

 

Aughh, what's going on?

 

The mysterious woman then laid on top of me making me groan inside the sheets. She started humming a familiar tune that I would often sing to myself ever since I was young. Her soft hum eased the tension in me a little bit. My breathing started to even out and my armadillo position started to break. 

 

"Aigoo. you're so cute, Jiyong-ah." 

 

The comforter was slowly being taken away from me and I just let them be. 

 

It was dark so I couldn't really see her clearly, but I definitely know that she's someone familiar. I just can't put my finger on it. 

 

She put my hands on my cheeks and squished it in different directions earning me a hearty laugh from her. I squinted my eyes to get a clearer view of her but it was still too dark for me to see.

 

Her hands were small, cold, and soft. It felt like I was touching a baby's . It was that soft, guys. I mean wow, what moisturizer does she use? 

 

She nuzzled her nose to mine and I put my hands on her face to try and make out what she looked like. I traced her face, to her jaw line, her nose, her lips, the corners of her eyes, and her thick eyebrows.

 

Thick eyebrows? 

 

I scratched the back of her ear and she let out a faint moan.

 

A very familiar moan. 

 

"Baby." she whispered. 

 

I swallowed the lump on my throat as she put her hands over my eyes and closed it. I can tell that she opened the lamp beside the bed since it was lighter now despite my still closed eyes. 

 

"Baby." she repeated. 

 

A grin formed on my face and I started to blush.

 

I slowly fluttered my eyes open.....

 

"SEUNGHYUN?!?!?!?!"

 

 

 

"Hey, Jiyong-ah. Are you alright?" 

 

I bolted up and looked at my mom with a disgusted face. Beads of sweat were dripping down my chin and I felt insanely hot. I looked inside my blanket and found myself wearing pajamas. I sighed in relief and slumped on the head board. 

 

Eomoni was looking at me worriedly while wiping off my sweat with a towel. I could just give her an awkward smile in return. 

 

"Jiyongie, you really should were less clothes when you're sleeping." she raised my arm and pointed at the sweat stain on my arm pit. "At least wear shorts and a shirt. You don't have to go traditional with those pajamas. You know how warm you get at night." 

 

I just nodded at her and she gave me a scowl in reply. 

 

"Go down and eat your breakfast, arasso?" She went for the door and gave me one last look before going out of the room. 

 

I lied down on my bed while looking at the ceiling. I ed my shirt and I'm pretty sure I saw steam when I fanned myself. A crease formed on my head once again. 

 

What the hell kind of dream was that? ......I thought it was.... Wait. Why was Seunghyun there?! 

 

I groggily went out of bed and stretched while yawning at the same time. I raked my hair and grimaced when I felt that it was wet from sweat. Yeesh, that's gross. I took off my pajama top and touched my back. I grimaced again when I found out that it was drenched too. Eomoni was right. I should stop smothering my whole body at night with too much clothes and blankets.

 

I decided to a relaxing freezing shower first since I was too disgusted with myself. While I was in the middle of showering, my train of thought drifted back to my dream from earlier. That woman sounded so familiar, Too familiar that it scared me a little bit. Her soft touch. Her cute nose. Her bare, smooth skin. The shape of her lips...  

 

I shuddered on my spot and felt myself getting hot all of the sudden. Did it do what I think it did? I looked down and groaned.

 

It did. 

 

I guess I have to stay in here for a long time. 

 

____________________________________________________________

 

 

I parked the car in the school parking lot and let out a deep breath. I fixed the rear view mirror so that I could see my reflection. There were bags under my eyes and it was obvious that I looked exhausted judging from the amount of enthusiasm on my face.

 

With a dejected sigh, I opened the door and unintentionally slammed it shut making the people walking towards the school flinch a little bit. Before I could apologize, they all ran inside the school building. I even saw one slip and I hurriedly went up to help them. But when I tried to grab on to his arm to help him up, he scooted away from me and hid his face. 

 

"Don't hurt me!" 

 

My hand hanged down limply and I looked at him with the expressionless face that I made to keep myself from breaking. 

 

Why must it always be like this? 

 

"Please! Just leave me alone!" 

 

I smiled bitterly and obliged. I left him there in the middle of the snowy grounds. I glanced back at him and saw him wiping his face off because he was tearing up. The sight pricked something in me an

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter